Europa league games 16/2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Europa league games 16/2

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:43 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:That 'so superior to us' Spuds lot need to score 2 with ten men, Delli Boy just been red carded for an atrocious signature tackle. It is laughable how some on here rate them, they have maybe 2 or 3 decent players who would improve our squad but the rest are distinctly average.

Lloris or Bravo/Caballero
Vertonghen or Otamendi
Alderweireld or Kolarov
Rose or Clichy
Walker or Sagna
Dembele/Erikson/Dier all better than Fernando/Delph

I would suggest that more than 2or 3 would improve our squad

you've been eating too many hot chestnuts down the lane again friend - I see you've dropped Kane and Alli now but Walker, Dier, Dembele, Lloris etc are also ridiculously over-rated.
Vertongen or Weirdowald and Rose are the ones I had in mind, Erikson might be OK if he wasn't such a spineless wimp.

Forgot about Alli. Not good enough for our first XI but good enough for our squad. Lloris not ahead of either of our present goalies? Whether he is over rated or not, surely he is superior to Bravo/Caballero and even Hart for that matter. Walker, like Lloris, isn't as good as he thinks he is, but surly he is better than Sagna?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:45 pm

nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:That 'so superior to us' Spuds lot need to score 2 with ten men, Delli Boy just been red carded for an atrocious signature tackle. It is laughable how some on here rate them, they have maybe 2 or 3 decent players who would improve our squad but the rest are distinctly average.

Vertonghen or Otamendi
Alderweireld or Kolarov
Rose or Clichy
Walker or Sagna

you've been eating too many hot chestnuts down the lane again friend - I see you've dropped Kane and Alli now but Walker, Dier, Dembele, Lloris etc are also ridiculously over-rated.
Vertongen or Weirdowald and Rose are the ones I had in mind, Erikson might be OK if he wasn't such a spineless wimp.

Forgot about Alli. Not good enough for our first XI but good enough for our squad. Lloris not ahead of either of our present goalies? Whether he is over rated or not, surely he is superior to Bravo/Caballero and even Hart for that matter. Walker, like Lloris, isn't as good as he thinks he is, but surly he is better than Sagna?
Sagna is head and shoulders over him and Lloris is pure dressing room poison, they'll be wailing in the smoke tonight - the mighty Ghent have just scored again
Last edited by johnny crossan on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Haha 2–2 now.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:49 pm

nottsblue wrote:Haha 2–2 now.

I am not that happy to be honest. I wanted them to qualify and play more european games instead of resting.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Vertonghen or Otamendi
Alderweireld or Kolarov
Rose or Clichy
Walker or Sagna

They might be better NB, but I don't think myself, that they are miles better, just marginally so.

If we afforded them some game time, we might well find that some of our youngsters in the Academy are the best ones of all and far superior to some of these Spurs' first teamers.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:53 pm

PeterParker wrote:

I am not that happy to be honest. I wanted them to qualify and play more european games instead of resting.

you're absolutely correct but the swampies will have mixed feelings too
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:54 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

you're absolutely correct but the swampies will have mixed feelings too

I am 100 % Maureen is going after the trophy.

This is their only chance to play in the Champions League next season.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:57 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Vertonghen or Otamendi
Alderweireld or Kolarov
Rose or Clichy
Walker or Sagna

They might be better NB, but I don't think myself, that they are miles better, just marginally so.

If we afforded them some game time, we might well find that some of our youngsters in the Academy are the best ones of all and far superior to some of these Spurs' first teamers.
we are, as they say MC, in transition - a dozen of the dross and decaying will depart, most having served us well. Their replacements will be a class above the likes of Alli etc. but Rose is promising.

BT opening salvo - 'despite the gulf in class a frustrating night for Spurs.....' priceless and Germ Genius' face is a picture

but how about Gent v Genk in the next round?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:30 pm

nottsblue wrote:Lloris not ahead of either of our present goalies? Whether he is over rated or not, surely he is superior to Bravo/Caballero and even Hart for that matter. Walker, like Lloris, isn't as good as he thinks he is, but surly he is better than Sagna?

Spot on for the keeper situation and maybe Walker, but I have a deep hate for the twat, so find it hard to give him any credit.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:07 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Lloris not ahead of either of our present goalies? Whether he is over rated or not, surely he is superior to Bravo/Caballero and even Hart for that matter. Walker, like Lloris, isn't as good as he thinks he is, but surly he is better than Sagna?

Spot on for the keeper situation and maybe Walker, but I have a deep hate for the twat, so find it hard to give him any credit.
I just don't see any real merit in Walker, he's quick but basically unintelligent and robotic, as for their creepy keeper - just ask Sagna why nobody wants him in the Frog or the Spuds teams!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:51 am

nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Vertonghen or Otamendi
Alderweireld or Kolarov
Rose or Clichy
Walker or Sagna

Lloris is good in some ways but a real nightmare with his feet and prone to gaffes. Hardly what is required.

If I was keeping one of the 4 full backs it would be Sagna

Funny team Spuds, awful in Europe. Ghent are clearly rubbish.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:06 am

Walker? Ffs he's not even the best right back at Spurs!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:17 am

I really do hate Alli. Odious little runt
Fidel Castro

Postby Justified logic » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:23 am

Fidel Castro wrote:I really do hate Alli. Odious little runt

Seconded. He's clearly very ambitious but it's the sort of ambition that has him pushing every obstacle out of his way. Can see it in that cold look in his eyes. I don't care how good a footballer he is I wouldn't want a cunt like that at my club.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I just don't see any real merit in Walker, he's quick but basically unintelligent and robotic, as for their creepy keeper - just ask Sagna why nobody wants him in the Frog or the Spuds teams!

Yeah but Walker has this remarkable ability to stray two yards offside without being detected by a lino, like he has some sort of invisibility cloak ( yes I'm still bitter ).

As for Lloris, he let that Nazi go and then didn't back his mate up when the Nazi was stabbing him, not to be trusted.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:34 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Yeah but Walker has this remarkable ability to stray two yards offside without being detected by a lino, like he has some sort of invisibility cloak ( yes I'm still bitter ).

As for Lloris, he let that Nazi go and then didn't back his mate up when the Nazi was stabbing him, not to be trusted.

Sounds to me as though, genetically, he might originally be of Klingon stock. :roll:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:15 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Sounds to me as though, genetically, he might originally be of Klingon stock. :roll:

I wasn't aware that Klingons had invisibility powers. I would say you might be on to something there MC but Walker is far too ugly to be Klingon.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PeterParker » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:48 pm

I really do not understand why UEFA keeps going with this Mickey Mouse cup. I am looking at the draw from today and I am trying to figure out a possible decent semifinals or quarter finals. I do not have hopes for a decent final with games like Gent vs Genk or Rostov vs rags.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:51 pm

PeterParker wrote:I really do not understand why UEFA keeps going with this Mickey Mouse cup. I am looking at the draw from today and I am trying to figure out a possible decent semifinals or quarter finals. I do not have hopes for a decent final with games like Gent vs Genk or Rostov vs rags.

Was thinking the same mate. Last 16 of a European Cup and I haven't even heard of some of the teams before.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby PeterParker » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:54 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I really do not understand why UEFA keeps going with this Mickey Mouse cup. I am looking at the draw from today and I am trying to figure out a possible decent semifinals or quarter finals. I do not have hopes for a decent final with games like Gent vs Genk or Rostov vs rags.

Was thinking the same mate. Last 16 of a European Cup and I haven't even heard of some of the teams before.

I agree that every team has a chance, but teams from England, Italy, Germany, France, except Spain, they don't take serious this competition. So we have teams like Dnipro reach the final, a team that is almost bankrupt today and so on.

I think this comp went to shit after that amazing final in 2002 between Feyenoord and Dortmund, or better say Van Hooijdonk vs Dortmund.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum