clattenburg to quit

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: clattenburg to quit

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:25 pm

Just seems suspicious to me. Obviously a money thing but is there something more than that!

Not a big miss as he just one of many average refs we have who constantly make big mistakes. Weird that in his last match he made another and actually apologised for it at half time. Made another second half of course
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:36 pm

ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:47 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Just seems suspicious to me. Obviously a money thing but is there something more than that!

Not a big miss as he just one of many average refs we have who constantly make big mistakes. Weird that in his last match he made another and actually apologised for it at half time. Made another second half of course

Very suspicious mate. Clattenburg has been given all the big games and just received the Bestest Referee Ever award. How could he go from that to being the main officiate in a 2 tier league that nobody really cares about? Money could be one, but how does he get his fix of being on TV.

Whether it's push or pull, there's very much more to come from this.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:04 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Just seems suspicious to me. Obviously a money thing but is there something more than that!

Very suspicious mate. Clattenburg has been given all the big games and just received the Bestest Referee Ever award. How could he go from that to being the main officiate in a 2 tier league that nobody really cares about? Money could be one, but how does he get his fix of being on TV.

Can't decide whether he has been pushed or else.... Or there is some other sinister reason. Never for a minute could I see him as the best in the world given all the regular gaffes we see him make plus the eccentric style he has of reffing. Yet as you say he loves to be the center of attention when he " performs" and he surely has chosen to disappear for what I assume is a shed load of dosh
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:07 pm

He's replacing Howard Webb.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:19 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

I think the subject was talked about here a while back. The numbers around the salary of a ref are almost the same as in any league in the world. You could say that someone like KDB get around 10-12 mil per year, while refs get around 80-100.000 per year. Huge difference. If you are a premier ref, imho is a bit weird to get the same money as one from Romania or Hungary.

Clattencunt shows his true colors. He goes where the money is, always did and always will. In order to get proper semi decent refs, you need to raise the salaries, otherwise they will keep on doing what they did for ages. Some clubs had them on the payroll for years as we always suspected.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:00 pm

Extremely suspicious, this.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:45 pm

His treatment of us on to many occasions for it to be anything but bent. I have never forgiven him since the Skirtl handball that was City against dark forces for me, how we managed to win the league despite the corruption. He has a book in him or 2, be worth our owner giving him a few quid to tell all.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:02 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Can't decide whether he has been pushed or else.... Or there is some other sinister reason. Never for a minute could I see him as the best in the world given all the regular gaffes we see him make plus the eccentric style he has of reffing. Yet as you say he loves to be the center of attention when he " performs" and he surely has chosen to disappear for what I assume is a shed load of dosh

What I found strange was that it wasn't the FA or PiGMOL who put him forward for the last Euros, it was the head of UEFA ref's, Collina. It showed to me that there was still an underlying issue between them and that all was not right, probably going back to his original suspension which was suspiciously overturned.

Whatever the reason, I'm sure the likes of Burnley won't miss him, he bummed them in their last game away to Burnley.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:16 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

What I found strange was that it wasn't the FA or PiGMOL who put him forward for the last Euros, it was the head of UEFA ref's, Collina. It showed to me that there was still an underlying issue between them and that all was not right, probably going back to his original suspension which was suspiciously overturned.

Whatever the reason,I'm sure the likes of Burnley won't miss him, he bummed them in their last game away to Burnley.

that's a pretty impressive effort by anyone's standards
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:37 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Whatever the reason,I'm sure the likes of Burnley won't miss him, he bummed them in their last game away to Burnley.

that's a pretty impressive effort by anyone's standards

Ha ha ha, was just about to have tea so eye wasn't on the ball, so to say. Can I blame predictive text ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:44 pm

Now, if we could get Taylor, Dean and Oliver to leave, that really would be a good Spring clean
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:39 pm

nottsblue wrote:Now, if we could get Taylor, Dean and Oliver to leave, that really would be a good Spring clean

Rats will follow the $ leaving the clique poison the next batch of refs.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:04 pm

I couldn't give a shite, the media bollocks around this is a fucking joke

There will be thousands of others (as good/shite whichever way you want to look at it) willing to take his place
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Plain Speaking » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:05 am

To me Clattenburg has seemed the most obviously corrupt out of all the current referee's. I had hoped he would leave the PL after being exposed. Perhaps the football authorities might think they are protecting the reputation of the game by avoiding a scandal.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:49 am

Plain Speaking wrote:To me Clattenburg has seemed the most obviously corrupt out of all the current referee's. I had hoped he would leave the PL after being exposed. Perhaps the football authorities might think they are protecting the reputation of the game by avoiding a scandal.

Yep where are the bodies, scudamore has buried anything that could tarnish the products image
Portsmouth and its fake sheik owners and the
Russian gangsters, Harry and the taxman, all gone, Fergies,,, dispatches programme,with Bryan Robson pissed and spilling the beans on how Alex and the Thais can make money from loaning United players that was buried. Behind all of Clattenburgs bizarre decisions will be some pressure from his past IMHO he has jumped so far it has to be wrong Saudi Arabia for a headline centre of attention merchant like him, no chance, announced and gone in a day, to clean to be right, it stinks.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:46 am

Hazy2 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Now, if we could get Taylor, Dean and Oliver to leave, that really would be a good Spring clean

Rats will follow the $ leaving the clique poison the next batch of refs.

Talk of Oliver going to the MLS now. Excellent
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:56 am

We have Anthony Taylor Today, The Rag Twat should be left in no Doubt we are onto the red twat after his performance V THE RENTBOYS !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Slim » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:15 am

That's an odd array of capitalisation there Hazy.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:33 am

Slim wrote:That's an odd array of capitalisation there Hazy.

what would Negative Nige have to do all day mate, if I could not spell or gramer cheque everyfing. xx :lol:
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum