Other CL matches Feb 14/15 & 21/22

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Other CL matches Feb 14/15 & 21/22

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:21 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Rags of Germany. Fucking Munichs crowding the ref.

Fucking hate the cunts, as you say, the old nickname isn't just what they have in common. Proper German fans think the same, they see the majority as being plastics, supporting a team for the reflected glory.

Hoping the Arse can knock them out, out of pure selfishness as it'll be one less UEFA lovies to beat should we get through.

Not long after my wife and I started dating, she was working in a large bar when Arsenal-Bayern was on. There were literally 200-250 Bayern fans and 7 Arsenal fans in the room. She told me before the game started that Bayer fans are incredibly cheap people, and she hated it when their fans gathered to watch a game at the place. Sure enough, pretty much every single Bayern fan bought one coffee or one orange squash, and sipped it for the entire match (it wasn't a money thing, as all of them were kitted out in full-blown kits and tracksuits), with, if I remember correctly, 11 small beers being bought by the whole group throughout the entire night. Roughly 2 Euros in tips were collected in total by the barstaff from the whole group of 200-250. The 7 Arsenal fans, on the other hand, drank something like 20-25 litres of beer between them (as well as a few other drinks), and left around €10-15 in tips. I've come to learn from later conversations Bayern fans are known among barstaff and owners in general for being cheap here, and quite a few bars try not to show Bayern games as a result.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:46 am

'Cheap people'? I thought you meant chavvy until I read on.

Tight!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:57 am

john@staustell wrote:'Cheap people'? I thought you meant chavvy until I read on.

Tight!

He did mention track suits, so maybe cheap and chavvy go hand in hand in this case.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:03 am

Original Dub wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:Sanchez is a quality player and show passion, would like to see him in blue

Didn't the cunt choose them over us? He can fuck off, we have no need for him with our forward line. Let's focus on a destroyer in midfield and some full backs.

He didn't choose them over us, we weren't in the running.

A quote from Pellegrini from December:

"He was a major player we wanted to take to City.

"We could not take him before he signed for Arsenal, it was because the club was punished for Financial Fair Play"

Correct.

UEFA doing their bit again.

However, that was when arsenal went for him. I believe the other poster was referring to when he chose barca over us.

We ended up with aguero instead iirc?

Yep, spot on. We signed Aguero and then pulled out of the bidding war for Sanchez.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:24 am

mr_nool wrote:
john@staustell wrote:'Cheap people'? I thought you meant chavvy until I read on.

Tight!

He did mention track suits, so maybe cheap and chavvy go hand in hand in this case.

Wonder if they were dark blue with 2 white stripes down the outside leg?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:37 am

BlueinBosnia wrote: Bayern fans are known among barstaff and owners in general for being cheap here, and quite a few bars try not to show Bayern games as a result.

are they of a Caledonian ilk?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:04 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Fucking hate the cunts, as you say, the old nickname isn't just what they have in common. Proper German fans think the same, they see the majority as being plastics, supporting a team for the reflected glory.

Hoping the Arse can knock them out, out of pure selfishness as it'll be one less UEFA lovies to beat should we get through.

Not long after my wife and I started dating, she was working in a large bar when Arsenal-Bayern was on. There were literally 200-250 Bayern fans and 7 Arsenal fans in the room. She told me before the game started that Bayer fans are incredibly cheap people, and she hated it when their fans gathered to watch a game at the place. Sure enough, pretty much every single Bayern fan bought one coffee or one orange squash, and sipped it for the entire match (it wasn't a money thing, as all of them were kitted out in full-blown kits and tracksuits), with, if I remember correctly, 11 small beers being bought by the whole group throughout the entire night. Roughly 2 Euros in tips were collected in total by the barstaff from the whole group of 200-250. The 7 Arsenal fans, on the other hand, drank something like 20-25 litres of beer between them (as well as a few other drinks), and left around €10-15 in tips. I've come to learn from later conversations Bayern fans are known among barstaff and owners in general for being cheap here, and quite a few bars try not to show Bayern games as a result.

If i was running a bar , that might happen one time . Next time there would be a cover charge , or 'raus junge !'
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby city72 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:59 am

Anyone on the risk free bet365 bet munchen v arse last night?Nice little £150 free money, both teams to score at 4/1
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:58 am

johnny crossan wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote: Bayern fans are known among barstaff and owners in general for being cheap here, and quite a few bars try not to show Bayern games as a result.

Ouch......although I'm relieved you chose "Caledonian" JC, rather than "Yorkshire"................ :roll: :roll:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:13 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Ouch......although I'm relieved you chose "Caledonian" JC, rather than "Yorkshire"................ :roll: :roll:

Nowt wrong with being parsimonious with your brass MC
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:20 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

That's about right BiB, they're so far up their own arse they can see the fillings in their teeth.

Complete different comparison to the normal German football fan who supports their hometown team. Very similar to City fans and always up for a bit of a laugh. I went to a few Paberborn games last season when they were doing a City (relegated and looking to be relegated again). Rightly, they were a bit demoralised by what they were seeing but continued in good spirits afterwards when the beer was flowing. To a man, they hated BM, so much so it was like being back home listening to us slagging the Rags.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:53 pm

Do we carry on with this one for tonight's games or don't they deserve to be in the CL thread?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Do we carry on with this one for tonight's games or don't they deserve to be in the CL thread?

Are the rags in the CL?

No they fucking well are not.

Separate thread
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:39 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Do we carry on with this one for tonight's games or don't they deserve to be in the CL thread?

Are the rags in the CL?

No they fucking well are not.

Separate thread

Good man ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:06 pm

Watch on youtube.com
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:30 pm

freshie wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

Straight outta Compton this lad and he feels bad for his son's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby freshie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:57 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
freshie wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

Straight outta Compton this lad and he feels bad for his son's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So cringeworthy. Sums up Arsenal fans perfectly blaad fam you gets me cuz?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:25 am

freshie wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
freshie wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

So cringeworthy. Sums up Arsenal fans perfectly blaad fam you gets me cuz?

I don't know how Brad managed to keep a straight face with the guy not being able to pronounce his 'R's.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum