****Bournemouth v City **** Official Match Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****Bournemouth v City **** Official Match Thread

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:53 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
freshie wrote:Watching the replay of the second goal for the umpteenth time and I still can't see how that goal isn't awarded to Sergio

Me either.

All it needed was one of the pundits to say Kun got a touch and it looked to be going in ahnd that would have been the last we heard of it but oh no they seemed desperate for it to be an OG
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:07 am

First week.in April suddenly looks vital.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:31 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
freshie wrote:Watching the replay of the second goal for the umpteenth time and I still can't see how that goal isn't awarded to Sergio

Me either.

All it needed was one of the pundits to say Kun got a touch and it looked to be going in ahnd that would have been the last we heard of it but oh no they seemed desperate for it to be an OG

So they can say he hasn't scored in x games - so clearly he's going to the dippers or the filth.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby phips » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:34 am

Willy and Silva were great.

little disappointed in how little Kevin is scoring and assisting right now but the team is winning so its all good.

Pep had better not play Fern at fullback vs. Monaco.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:11 am

phips wrote:Willy and Silva were great.

little disappointed in how little Kevin is scoring and assisting right now but the team is winning so its all good.

Pep had better not play Fern at fullback vs. Monaco.

Kevin looking very quiet. Wonder if he's being moulded to play deeper perhaps replace yaya.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:45 am

Pep giving nothing away with his formations, We look as fresh as we have ever looked, Going to be interested in how the 13 Conte is using cope if the they lose 1 or 2.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:45 am

Things I took from last nights game:

Willy was excellent.
We NEED fullbacks in the summer.
Silva is one off the best players I have ever seen...........yet he NEVER gets mentioned by commentators or the press.
Toure seemed very negative and nearly every pass was backwards which slowed our play down (Maybe a little tired after the run of matches he's played)?
Sane - Wow his pace is electric and he has come so far since his first couple of games for us. As mentioned there were a couple of times in the 2nd half where he should have ran at the defender but tried to be unselfish and pass........this will come with more experience.
Aguero just seems to be lacking something. Can't put my finger on it but he just doesn't seem that interested at the moment. Hopefully a run of games now will have him stepping up

FInally SKY is a complete and utter fucking joke! Some of the stuff Quinn, Carragher and Neville came out with is a disgrace. Quinn was trying to kick the ball in the net for Bournemouth at times!
Trying all they could to say that the ref got their disallowed goal correct but had no right in doing so as he wasn't looking. I don't give a flying fuck how they get to a decision as long as its the correct one......yet they spent 10 minutes at half time talking about it!

Chelski will be bricking it now!
Fingers crossed for JESUS!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby john@staustell » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:54 am

gmercer1 wrote:Things I took from last nights game:

Willy was excellent.
Silva is one off the best players I have ever seen...........yet he NEVER gets mentioned by commentators or the press.
Toure seemed very negative and nearly every pass was backwards which slowed our play down (Maybe a little tired after the run of matches he's played)?
Sane - Wow his pace is electric and he has come so far since his first couple of games for us. As mentioned there were a couple of times in the 2nd half where he should have ran at the defender but tried to be unselfish and pass........this will come with more experience.
Aguero just seems to be lacking something. Can't put my finger on it but he just doesn't seem that interested at the moment. Hopefully a run of games now will have him stepping up

FInally SKY is a complete and utter fucking joke! Some of the stuff Quinn, Carragher and Neville came out with is a disgrace. Quinn was trying to kick the ball in the net for Bournemouth at times!
Trying all they could to say that the ref got their disallowed goal correct but had no right in doing so as he wasn't looking. I don't give a flying fuck how they get to a decision as long as its the correct one......yet they spent 10 minutes at half time talking about it!

Agree with all that.

Aguero has lost that burst of pace hasn't he? At some point in your playing career you lose that sprinter speed you had as a young man - with the one exception of Navas, for some reason.

I don't think he's showing lack of effort. Maybe a slight lack of sharpness but I'm sure he'll be banging them in if we can create the chances, if Jesus is out.

I'm afraid watching Aguero follow Jesus was like dropping down a level or two. Who would have ever thought it?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:05 am

john@staustell wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:Things I took from last nights game:

Willy was excellent.

Agree with all that.

Aguero has lost that burst of pace hasn't he? At some point in your playing career you lose that sprinter speed you had as a young man - with the one exception of Navas, for some reason.

I don't think he's showing lack of effort. Maybe a slight lack of sharpness but I'm sure he'll be banging them in if we can create the chances, if Jesus is out.

I'm afraid watching Aguero follow Jesus was like dropping down a level or two. Who would have ever thought it
?

Very sad, but very true.

If Sergio has lost that burst of pace, he needs to re-think the way that he plays as, after all, he should now be in his prime. He's got the experience, physique and footballing brain to be able to do this and I'm sure he will. He's still a wonderfully potent goalscoring threat but he just needs to re-assess how he goes about things.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:07 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Me either.

How do they determine that Kun's touch wasn't on target and deflected in off Mings?

If Sergio doesn't get the goal then he should get the assist, right?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:18 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Me either.

How do they determine that Kun's touch wasn't on target and deflected in off Mings?

If Sergio doesn't get the goal then he should get the assist, right?

I was waiting for SKY to say Kun should have got a red card for having the cheek to beat the defender to the ball.

Can anyone on here honestly say if that would have been Wiggy instead of Aguero there would have been any debate at all about who scored it!
gmercer1

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:25 am

Who gives a fuck about Sky.
That was the kind of strikers goal I've being crying out for him to score for so long, my young lad is sick of me.
He was hiding most of the game up until that and then he gets in front of his defender in the six yard area for a toe poke.
He made up the hard yards to beat his man to it. That to me is the class of a true striker, not just belting one in from the edge of the box
every twentieth attempt.

Kun's goal. End of story. There's no way you'd take that off any other striker in history.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:44 am

Nail Bin, made some comments that made me LOL Stones has an outstanding pass completion, NB, Of course he has, anyone can pass it backwards and sideways. Keep it up Nail, not long before the club listens to the fans and you are binned from the HOF.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mike J » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:13 pm

Sergio will be absolutely fine. Yes it seems he has lost half a yard but he has a track record of taking a while getting back up to speed after not playing. If he gets a run of games he will be shitting goals again.

Ive seen loads of posts in the past writing him off quickly. Hes a class act.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby s1ty m » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Kun is lacking something, yes, but if one player deserves time on the pitch it's him. One of very few totally world class players around in this country. Let's get him firing. He's utter class, is all.

Btw, Silva. What a player.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby phips » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:03 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
phips wrote:little disappointed in how little Kevin is scoring and assisting right now but the team is winning so its all good.

Kevin looking very quiet. Wonder if he's being moulded to play deeper perhaps replace yaya.

it does seem that way. there have been multiple times over the last few months where Kev is dropping really deep to collect and then trying to spray some passes all over the field. he won't ever be a holding midfielder but it does seem like Pep likes him to come deep in his system, which might be way his numbers this season pale in comparison to his stats from last season
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:33 pm

Mike J wrote:Sergio will be absolutely fine. Yes it seems he has lost half a yard but he has a track record of taking a while getting back up to speed after not playing. If he gets a run of games he will be shitting goals again.

Totally agree. He's played 20 minutes of compatible football in the last few weeks and will need a couple of games to get up to speed.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mike J » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:47 pm

Mike J wrote:Sergio will be absolutely fine. Yes it seems he has lost half a yard but he has a track record of taking a while getting back up to speed after not playing. If he gets a run of games he will be shitting goals again.

Standard Sergio. Legend.
Mike J

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:48 pm

Mike J wrote:

Standard Sergio. Legend.

Pat on the back for you???
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mike J » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:49 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Mike J wrote:

Standard Sergio. Legend.

Pat on the back for you???

Tha was the point of my post, yes. haha
Mike J

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum