****Bournemouth v City **** Official Match Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

****Bournemouth v City **** Official Match Thread

Postby City64 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:05 am

Well , the door has been opened the chavs have dropped points . Spurs , Arsenal and the dippers are all over the place and the rags are still 6th ! City however have just hit a great run of form , you wouldn't know it if you believed the media though would you ???? yes we really will be 2nd later tonight if we beat Bourenmouth and just 8 points behind the chavs with us yet to visit Stamford Bridge . However I can see us having major official controversy yet again tonight and so much shit spouted from the Sky coverage it will be yet another horrible experience I feel .......... Step forward Pep and our super blues let the football do all the talking fuck the officials fuck Sky SIEGE MENTALITY

CTID LETS DO IT !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: ****Bournemouth v City **** Official Match Thread

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:10 am

I fucking hate Monday night football, but this is a big one.

Come on City!!!
Original Dub

Postby Renato_CTID » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:29 am

Three points, we hardly need three points tonight in the South of UK! So please Pep: let Willly as our golkeeper and stay tuned!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:03 pm

Wonder will Vinny start, like to see a back 5 of willy, sagna, vinny, stones and kolarov for this one.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:45 pm

Huge game tonight. Win and we go second with some momentum behind us.

If we play as we know we can and take our chances we will win. Simple as that and there wont be anything the officials can then do to stop us
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:06 pm

Bournemouth try to play a bit of football so, apart from anything else, it could be a good game to watch.

I hope Caballero is retained in the nets and we play with complete freedom and the scintillating flair which is our trademark.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby s1ty m » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:08 pm

nottsblue wrote:Huge game tonight. Win and we go second with some momentum behind us.

If we play as we know we can and take our chances we will win. Simple as that and there wont be anything the officials can then do to stop us

Aye, but that's the problem these days. It's a disgrace that we go into each mate literally expecting dubious refereeing. I know I do. The officiating is disgusting and so many games are twisted by it.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:22 pm

s1ty m wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Huge game tonight. Win and we go second with some momentum behind us.

Aye, but that's the problem these days. It's a disgrace that we go into each mate literally expecting dubious refereeing. I know I do. The officiating is disgusting and so many games are twisted by it.

Watch out for early yellow cards. Possibly after 25 minutes of us with 70-80% possession.
Then first challenge we put in.

This in my opinion is why we have to score early and more than once in games.

We more than any of the other teams need a good lead in the first half of games before the accumulative effect of the refereeing catches up and evens things out.

I hope it's not an issue tonight. Then if we lose, so be it. We just accept we're not up to it this year.
But it think we are up to it. C'mon City.
Put the pressure on.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:25 pm

s1ty m wrote:

That's the thing...

I know where NB is coming from by saying if we play to our level the officiating won't matter, but the effect of bad officiating can't be underestimated, or indeed chalked off as one or two key moments. What bad officiating does is break momentum, wind our players up, create huge tension and unrest amongst the fans and essentially undo everything we have built towards up to that point in the game.

This is evident numerous times this season, but none more so than the home games v Spurs and Chelsea - both of which we were kicking the shit out of prior to the officials stepping in.

Beating the officials is extremely difficult. We may be able to pull it off like we did v Swansea after being robbed again, but week in week out... not a hope.

We have only just lost our position as "dirtiest team in the premier league" FFS.

We need to be on fire and take a three goal lead for me to feel any way comfortable these days.
Original Dub

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:31 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Bournemouth try to play a bit of football so, apart from anything else, it could be a good game to watch.

I hope Caballero is retained in the nets and we play with complete freedom and the scintillating flair which is our trademark.

It should be MC, as you say they do like to play football rather than park the bus or kick shit out of our players.

Without a shadow of doubt Willy between the sticks has to be, despite losing lots they do know how to score a goal or two.

I don't think Eddie will change anything to play against us, he will continue to let his team play footie rather than scrap for a draw.

Over and above a win, we NEED to reduce the GD between us and Spuds....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Justified logic » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Original Dub wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

That's the thing...

I know where NB is coming from by saying if we play to our level the officiating won't matter, but the effect of bad officiating can't be underestimated, or indeed chalked off as one or two key moments. What bad officiating does is break momentum, wind our players up, create huge tension and unrest amongst the fans and essentially undo everything we have built towards up to that point in the game.

This is evident numerous times this season, but none more so than the home games v Spurs and Chelsea - both of which we were kicking the shit out of prior to the officials stepping in.

Beating the officials is extremely difficult. We may be able to pull it off like we did v Swansea after being robbed again, but week in week out... not a hope.

We have only just lost our position as "dirtiest team in the premier league" FFS.

We need to be on fire and take a three goal lead for me to feel any way comfortable these days.

You complacent sod. I'm never comfortable until we have a four goal lead.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

That's the thing...

You complacent sod. I'm never comfortable until we have a four goal lead.

Good point...
Original Dub

Postby Dameerto » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:12 pm

Big game for us, play it like it's a cup final and minimise the effect the officials can have on us - don't give them opportunities for 'mistakes'.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:57 pm

Take early chances.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Just get the three points.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just get the three points.

Yep. Any old how at this stage. Though a nice, comfortable three goal stroll wouldn't go amiss
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:20 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Take early chances.

100%
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Slim » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:00 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just get the three points.

Yep. Any old how at this stage. Though a nice, comfortable three goal stroll wouldn't go amiss

Remember when Tevez returned and we beat Norwich 6-1, that was confidence building and set the tone for our run in.

Another one of those please.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ruralblue » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Early goal and then kill the game off before the start of the second half. Fuck a one nil up and them chucking the kitchen sink at our defence second half. Couple towards end of game and I'll take a four nil win. Serg and Jesus a pair of goals each!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:30 pm

We need to keep Wilshere quiet as he is the creative force for them. However, it's key to keep Fraser quiet as he is asat good a wing back as you will see in the prem if the play 3-5-2.

I think we might see them be a little bit more defensive than previous games as they try to stop their bad run.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum