Raheem Sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Raheem Sterling

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:28 am

he seems afraid of goalkeepers

maybe you can take a pill for it
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby s1ty m » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:13 pm

Original Dub wrote:No matter how you sit on this, we can all agree it's yet another controversial decision that we ended up on the wrong side of. Another in a loonnnnnnng line of similar decisions.

In fact, it is almost every single game these days.

Discussing the reasons why we got fucked over each time is all well and good but the biggest issue is the fact that it is getting more common year on year to the point that we are amazed if we're fucked over in one single game.

Add that to the long line of controversial decisions that the rags in particular have benefited from this season and it's astounding.

Basically, if the laws of the game had been applied properly and across the board, we'd be four points behind Chelsea in second and at least 10 points ahead of the rags.

Officials will yet again play a huge part in the outcome of the premier league.

Isn't that a fun fact.

The beautiful game

Spot on.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:06 pm

s1ty m wrote:
Original Dub wrote:No matter how you sit on this, we can all agree it's yet another controversial decision that we ended up on the wrong side of. Another in a loonnnnnnng line of similar decisions.

Discussing the reasons why we got fucked over each time is all well and good but the biggest issue is the fact that it is getting more common year on year to the point that we are amazed if we're fucked over in one single game.

Add that to the long line of controversial decisions that the rags in particular have benefited from this season and it's astounding.

Basically, if the laws of the game had been applied properly and across the board, we'd be four points behind Chelsea in second and at least 10 points ahead of the rags.

Isn't that a fun fact.

The beautiful game

Spot on.

Sadly so.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PrezIke » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:53 pm

What a waste of money. I'd rather Ibe over him any day. :D
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby nottsblue » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:09 pm

Had a great game yesterday. Everything you want your wide man to do. It's good to see his head hasn't dropped after all the shit he got at the Euros and continues to get. His mental strength is amazing
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:13 pm

PrezIke wrote:What a waste of money. I'd rather Ibe over him any day. :D

Ibe is a more convincing diver, I'll give him that.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:59 am

s1ty m wrote:

Isn't that a fun fact.

The beautiful game

Spot on.

Apart from the points difference, sadly very true. If we take just two games, Chelsea and Spurs, where the sending off of Luiz and the penalty that should've been given to Raheem, then the league is very different. 6 points extra to us, 3 off Chelsea and 1 off Spurs would have us at the top of the league, Chelsea in second and Spurs behind Arsenal.

All ifs and buts, but a valid comparison nevertheless.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:13 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

Isn't that a fun fact.

The beautiful game

Spot on.

Apart from the points difference, sadly very true. If we take just two games, Chelsea and Spurs, where the sending off of Luiz and the penalty that should've been given to Raheem, then the league is very different. 6 points extra to us, 3 off Chelsea and 1 off Spurs would have us at the top of the league, Chelsea in second and Spurs behind Arsenal.

5 points extra to us.
Still would put us level with Chelsea.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:16 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

Isn't that a fun fact.

The beautiful game

Spot on.

Everton and Boro at home much worse in a different way for me Beefy , we absolutely battered both teams , no ref issues we just couldn't take our chances and defended terribly plus missing 2 pens v Everton inexcusable and 4 home points gone !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:38 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

Isn't that a fun fact.

The beautiful game

Spot on.

5 points extra to us.
Still would put us level with Chelsea.

Àh yes, felt like a loss.

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

Isn't that a fun fact.

The beautiful game

Spot on.

Everton and Boro at home much worse in a different way for me Beefy , we absolutely battered both teams , no ref issues we just couldn't take our chances and defended terribly plus missing 2 pens v Everton inexcusable and 4 home points gone !

Those games can't be overlooked, we've dropped to many points through these sort of things, and that's something within our control and shouldn't happen again. Like you said, we played very well but got suckerpunched.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:14 pm

Well obviously the games that didn't work out for us with regard to missed chances etc. all contribute to where we are, but also very much part of the beautiful game.

The robbery from the officials on those t matches could be the difference between us winning the league or not.

Nothing beautiful about that.
Original Dub

Postby leewonpen » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Raheem is our most improved player this season He has crossed the ball with left foot and scored goals with his left foot. Last season Raheem couldn't hit anything with his left foot. This season with Pep he is a total different player. He is going to be some player.
leewonpen
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bluedj » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:17 pm

leewonpen wrote:Raheem is our most improved player this season He has crossed the ball with left foot and scored goals with his left foot. Last season Raheem couldn't hit anything with his left foot. This season with Pep he is a total different player. He is going to be some player.

Great performance from the lad tonight, It's great to see him running at pace at players and making things happen. MotM for me tonight. Really happy for him. I also think he's getting a boost from Leroy, the pair of them are really growing and showing signs of greatness in blue
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:19 pm

Bluedj wrote:
leewonpen wrote:Raheem is our most improved player this season He has crossed the ball with left foot and scored goals with his left foot. Last season Raheem couldn't hit anything with his left foot. This season with Pep he is a total different player. He is going to be some player.

Great performance from the lad tonight, It's great to see him running at pace at players and making things happen. MotM for me tonight. Really happy for him. I also think he's getting a boost from Leroy, the pair of them are really growing and showing signs of greatness in blue

Cant agree more. I am delighted for him. He is a top lad.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:21 pm

We will miss him in Monaco.

Hope Nolito or Navas will step up and fill his shoes that were huge tonight.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:22 pm

PeterParker wrote:We will miss him in Monaco.

He can play, it wasn't him that got booked in the end they made a mistake
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:22 pm

He's not banned.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:22 pm

gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby PeterParker » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:24 pm

gmercer1 wrote:

Ah, phew!

They showed the graphics and all. I was convinced he was out.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:13 pm

The first time that I've seen them actively encourage positiveness for Raheem in the post match. Gerard was actually asked about him in training and was very complimentary. Not saying Gerard is fair but he couldn't lie, could he?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum