Raheem Sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Raheem Sterling

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:00 pm

Slim wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Slim wrote:I think first we should remove the idea of "anywhere else on the pitch". It's a stupid and naive notion because it wasn't anywhere else on the pitch, it was in the box and if you've been watching the sport for longer than 5 minutes, you should know that comes with it's own set of rules. Rightly or wrongly doesn't matter, this is the reality.

Second, did it affect the resulting attack in any way? No. Incidental.

If a player gets his shot away and gets fouled after, how many times do we see a penalty for that? Never? Different set of rules.

So, as events that don't change the course of play, are off-the-ball fouls in the box penalties or not?

I am not predicting the future here, I am stating what actually happens. Nor am I saying it's right or wrong that they do so, again I am just stating what ACTUALLY happens in games.

Do you fucking people actually watch this sport?

I never realised asking a question to ascertain a fellow poster's opinion on a given subject was such an issue.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:04 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Sorry, I didn't realise I was keeping you from your licking.

Yeah, that's not a great comeback.

I'm going to give you an opportunity to think about a better one and get back to me.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:23 pm

Slim wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Sorry, I didn't realise I was keeping you from your licking.

I'm going to give you an opportunity to think about a better one and get back to me.

So Slim are you saying Dean and the fuckwit of a lino made the right decision and it is ok for a keeper to come off his line with an outstretched leg to take out an opposition player ?

Just wondering ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:26 pm

City64 wrote:
Slim wrote:

So Slim are you saying Dean and the fuckwit of a lino made the right decision and it is ok for a keeper to come off his line with an outstretched leg to take out an opposition player ?

Just wondering ?

Nope, I think it should be a penalty. In fact I think Dean was going to give the penalty and only gave the yellow for diving because blew his whistle and realized the corner he'd backed himself into.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:38 am

Slim wrote:
City64 wrote:
Slim wrote:

Just wondering ?

Nope, I think it should be a penalty. In fact I think Dean was going to give the penalty and only gave the yellow for diving because blew his whistle and realized the corner he'd backed himself into.

RagTaylor and Dean have applied the City rule, Fuck em !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:47 am

Slim wrote:
City64 wrote:
Slim wrote:

Just wondering ?

Nope. He doesn't blow the whistle for ages. Watch the footage. He stares at the incident, he allows the play to continue and doesn't follow it. He makes his linesman make the decision and then he blows.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:47 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:
City64 wrote:
Slim wrote:

Just wondering ?

Nope. He doesn't blow the whistle for ages. Watch the footage. He stares at the incident, he allows the play to continue and doesn't follow it. He makes his linesman make the decision and then he blows.

After receiving info through his ear piece , so the 4th official was also involved ,bizzare in the extreme almost orchestrated . Now if it was Ashley Young ........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby mr_nool » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:07 am

City64 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

After receiving info through his ear piece , so the 4th official was also involved ,bizzare in the extreme almost orchestrated . Now if it was Ashley Young ........

As far as I'm aware, the linesmen and the ref can also communicate directly with each other through the earpiece/mic.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:10 am

No matter how you sit on this, we can all agree it's yet another controversial decision that we ended up on the wrong side of. Another in a loonnnnnnng line of similar decisions.

In fact, it is almost every single game these days.

Discussing the reasons why we got fucked over each time is all well and good but the biggest issue is the fact that it is getting more common year on year to the point that we are amazed if we're fucked over in one single game.

Add that to the long line of controversial decisions that the rags in particular have benefited from this season and it's astounding.

Basically, if the laws of the game had been applied properly and across the board, we'd be four points behind Chelsea in second and at least 10 points ahead of the rags.

Officials will yet again play a huge part in the outcome of the premier league.

Isn't that a fun fact.

The beautiful game
Original Dub

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:46 am

Taylor should have sent Matta off did he ? Dean should have sent Jones off atWest Ham, the trend this year the new 1 is Sorry about that mouthed to a player.
Now I have no problem with Clattenburg realising he made a mistake and letting the player know this or the FA knocking back a red as they did for West Ham, however the damage is done. Dean changed and ruined the game for West Ham, Taylor cheated us and helped Chelsea.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:57 pm

Original Dub wrote:No matter how you sit on this, we can all agree it's yet another controversial decision that we ended up on the wrong side of. Another in a loonnnnnnng line of similar decisions.

In fact, it is almost every single game these days.

Discussing the reasons why we got fucked over each time is all well and good but the biggest issue is the fact that it is getting more common year on year to the point that we are amazed if we're fucked over in one single game.

Add that to the long line of controversial decisions that the rags in particular have benefited from this season and it's astounding.

Basically, if the laws of the game had been applied properly and across the board, we'd be four points behind Chelsea in second and at least 10 points ahead of the rags.

Officials will yet again play a huge part in the outcome of the premier league.

Isn't that a fun fact.

The beautiful game

All very true OD. I think this season in particular, there does seem to have been too many game changing and as a result, league table changing decisions gone against us. Whether you believe it's intentional or not.
What I find more insidious though is something that happens every game and is easy for the ref and media to brush over.
That is, how easily our players pick up yellow and red cards. some are warranted no doubt, but the one Sterling got and the one Jesus got last weekend are perfect examples.
Week in week out we see our players kicked around with impunity and first tackle we make the card is out.
These things affect a game every bit as much as a goal being ruled offside or not. How often have we seen Fern/Zabba/Sagna/ add any name get a questionable yellow very early on and we all think, 'he's going to have to watch himself now for the rest of the game'.
While up the other end Aguero and Silva gets kicked around without protection, until one or other of them lashes out and picks up a card immediately.

This has as much bearing on how we can play as anything else and is a far more subtle way of hampering us.
Add to that the inevitable suspensions that we got and will get. It all adds up.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:59 pm

Its only a matter of time before someone blows the whistle on a corrupt ref and his stinking syndicate in this country.

Tick tock.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:05 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Its only a matter of time before someone blows the whistle on a corrupt ref and his stinking syndicate in this country.

Tick tock.

That's the one thing that amazes me in all this.
The one thing the anti-conspiracy theorists have in their favour.
How it all hasn't come out in the wash yet is incredible. I do get the feeling if things don't change and become more equitable
soon though, it will become increasingly difficult to keep a lid on things.
FIFA
UEFA
now the FA are under attack.
I do think somebody with serious power may be stirring things in their own subtle way.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:23 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Its only a matter of time before someone blows the whistle on a corrupt ref and his stinking syndicate in this country.

Tick tock.

That's the one thing that amazes me in all this.
The one thing the anti-conspiracy theorists have in their favour.
How it all hasn't come out in the wash yet is incredible. I do get the feeling if things don't change and become more equitable
soon though, it will become increasingly difficult to keep a lid on things.
FIFA
UEFA
now the FA are under attack.
I do think somebody with serious power may be stirring things in their own subtle way.

I think it was only Halsey that did not sign a confidentiality document when he left (lost out on a payoff).

Id like to know what PIGMOL have to hide to ask their refs to fuckign sign one at all !!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:26 pm

Anthony Taylor is a RAG his appointment on any Rag game is wrong whichever way you cut it. Some footer us lying about his allegiances.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:26 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Anthony Taylor is a RAG his appointment on any Rag game is wrong whichever way you cut it. Some fooker is lying about his allegiances.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:41 pm

he will have had his haircut at least 5 times since this thread was started
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby dazby » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:19 am

I would like to see Raheem shoot more rather than get a yellow trying to earn a pen that he isn't going to get.

Smarten up lad.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:54 am

dazby wrote:I would like to see Raheem shoot more rather than get a yellow trying to earn a pen that he isn't going to get.

Smarten up lad.

We'd all like to see that Dazzer, but we'd also like to see the correct decisions, universally applied, when he gets chopped down in the penalty area.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:25 am

dazby wrote:I would like to see Raheem shoot more rather than get a yellow trying to earn a pen that he isn't going to get.

Smarten up lad.

Like against tottenham?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum