Raheem Sterling

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Raheem Sterling

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:15 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:The first time that I've seen them actively encourage positiveness for Raheem in the post match. Gerard was actually asked about him in training and was very complimentary. Not saying Gerard is fair but he couldn't lie, could he?

thought wio and slippy steve were both v fair tonight. amazing stuff.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:17 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:The first time that I've seen them actively encourage positiveness for Raheem in the post match. Gerard was actually asked about him in training and was very complimentary. Not saying Gerard is fair but he couldn't lie, could he?

thought wio and slippy steve were both v fair tonight. amazing stuff.

As some mentioned in the match thread, the sovereign mentality will eventually kick in, he's an English player afterall.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PrezIke » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:58 am

Excellent in many ways again. I loved that one time he faked out the defender with I guess what you could call a false dummy run? haha.

Another talent we are seeing turn into the player we hoped we were getting and saw at Liverpool against us during our last title winning season.

How whoscored has him listed as a poor defender I have no idea.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:10 am

He's still very very young. Proud of him for all the shit he gets thrown at him (some of it literally) and he's really knuckled down this season and worked his bollocks off.

I'm sure if he scores the winner for England a few times those bellend fans will soon change their tune.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:22 am

Just going about his job and has become integral to how we play. What is it 9 goals and 15 assists in 33 games. Now looks worth every penny we paid for him. He and Sane look the real deal.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:46 am

Having a great season. To come back after the summer he had and the season he had last time which fizzled out a bit, shows real courage and strength. Well chuffed for him.

Looks like he is enjoying his football once again and in Sane has found great foil and balance to the attack.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:14 am

People still moaning about him going down to easily...he's about 8 stone and gets booted up and down the pitch regularly ffs.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:28 am

What bringing Sane into the team has really meant for Sterling is that we now have two wide players playing on the margin, taking people on, trying risky moves, and basically gambling every now and then. Before Sane came Sterling was the only player we had who did that and he got a lot of shit from idiots when it didn't come off. Now that the spotlight isn't just on him, he seems to have found more confidence and dares to take those risks again.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:06 pm

mr_nool wrote:What bringing Sane into the team has really meant for Sterling is that we now have two wide players playing on the margin, taking people on, trying risky moves, and basically gambling every now and then. Before Sane came Sterling was the only player we had who did that and he got a lot of shit from idiots when it didn't come off. Now that the spotlight isn't just on him, he seems to have found more confidence and dares to take those risks again.

and Pep loves that, wide players who make things happen , can score goals and also put a shift in for the team. More coming through like that too.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:27 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
mr_nool wrote:What bringing Sane into the team has really meant for Sterling is that we now have two wide players playing on the margin, taking people on, trying risky moves, and basically gambling every now and then. Before Sane came Sterling was the only player we had who did that and he got a lot of shit from idiots when it didn't come off. Now that the spotlight isn't just on him, he seems to have found more confidence and dares to take those risks again.

and Pep loves that, wide players who make things happen , can score goals and also put a shift in for the team. More coming through like that too.

Young Navas right?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:25 am

Champions League‏ @ChampionsLeague

Congrats, Raheem Sterling - voted #UCL Player of the Week
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Champions League‏ @ChampionsLeague

Congrats, Raheem Sterling - voted #UCL Player of the Week

Brilliant for him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:26 pm

nottsblue wrote:Having a great season. To come back after the summer he had and the season he had last time which fizzled out a bit, shows real courage and strength. Well chuffed for him.

Looks like he is enjoying his football once again and in Sane has found great foil and balance to the attack.

I think Pep also had a big part to play in reviving Sterling's mindset last summer when, publicly, he metaphorically put his arm round him and expressed great confidence in him and his abilities.

Part of me wishes that he would never play for England again, just saving himself for City, but the other part of me wants him to star for the national side and ram all the criticism he received, back down everyone's throats.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:32 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Part of me wishes that he would never play for England again, just saving himself for City, but the other part of me wants him to star for the national side and ram all the criticism he received, back down everyone's throats.

he plays for england, they coach every bit of joy out of him and then he retreats into his shell. it's clockwork.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:36 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

he plays for england, they coach every bit of joy out of him and then he retreats into his shell. it's clockwork.

Imagine training with all the quality and class at City.............then going to England camp and the shite we have the squad there!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:38 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Having a great season. To come back after the summer he had and the season he had last time which fizzled out a bit, shows real courage and strength. Well chuffed for him.

I think Pep also had a big part to play in reviving Sterling's mindset last summer when, publicly, he metaphorically put his arm round him and expressed great confidence in him and his abilities.

It was disgusting the shit he got , he did deserve criticism but so did every other cunt in that squad.

Id tell the FA to fuck off and I just wouldn't play for England again.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:57 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Imagine training with all the quality and class at City.............then going to England camp and the shite we have the squad there!

You're right GM; it must a real culture shock for him.

I would also resent Sterling playing for England if he were to be injured at any time, especially when he is so unappreciated by those moronic fans who have slaughtered him.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:06 pm

100% worth the money we paid for him. Now we know why the scousers were so bitter towards him and tried to destroy him with the help of everyone else in the country. They knew full well what they were losing. He is such a talent and we saw that when Liverpool came close to wining the league, he was integral in that team. He is now integral in ours. Look at the work he did for the 2nd goal from his own half. Sorry but shit players do don't stuff like that. All he needs now is a good song and were laughing....
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby mr_nool » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:12 pm

Sister of fu wrote:100% worth the money we paid for him. Now we know why the scousers were so bitter towards him and tried to destroy him with the help of everyone else in the country. They knew full well what they were losing. He is such a talent and we saw that when Liverpool came close to wining the league, he was integral in that team. He is now integral in ours. Look at the work he did for the 2nd goal from his own half. Sorry but shit players do don't stuff like that. All he needs now is a good song and were laughing....

I can't believe that the one I suggested at the start of this season never took off. It's class.
(perhaps a bit too complicated, but the intro would be sufficient)

This one needs some work, but it's a start. I expect to hear it next time I'm over ...
To the tune of the blues Borther's version of Rawhide:
Watch on youtube.com

Sterling Sterling Sterling
RAHEEM

On the wing he's whirling
Keep defenders swirling
RAHEEM
Rain and wind and weather
Light as a feather
Flying past defenders on the side
A chance or two he's missin
but he never goes missin
just keep on passing him out wide

Buy a house (make em boo)
Make em boo (buy a car)
Buy two cars (make em boo)
RAHEEM
Score a goal (shot em up)
Shut em up (make a pass)
Score a goal (shut em up)
RAHEEM

The part in italics could/should probably be left out (too complicated)
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Justified logic » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:25 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:100% worth the money we paid for him. Now we know why the scousers were so bitter towards him and tried to destroy him with the help of everyone else in the country. They knew full well what they were losing. He is such a talent and we saw that when Liverpool came close to wining the league, he was integral in that team. He is now integral in ours. Look at the work he did for the 2nd goal from his own half. Sorry but shit players do don't stuff like that. All he needs now is a good song and were laughing....

I can't believe that the one I suggested at the start of this season never took off. It's class.
(perhaps a bit too complicated, but the intro would be sufficient)

This one needs some work, but it's a start. I expect to hear it next time I'm over ...
To the tune of the blues Borther's version of Rawhide:
Watch on youtube.com

RAHEEM

On the wing he's whirling
Keep defenders swirling
RAHEEM
Rain and wind and weather
Light as a feather
Flying past defenders on the side
A chance or two he's missin
but he never goes missin
just keep on passing him out wide

Buy a house (make em boo)
Make em boo (buy a car)
Buy two cars (make em boo)
RAHEEM
Score a goal (shot em up)
Shut em up (make a pass)
Score a goal (shut em up)
RAHEEM

The part in italics could/should probably be left out (too complicated)

That would work.

Get some mates together in the pub, or coffeeshop, and video it when you're smashed out of your skulls, then put it up on Youtube and tell MCFC and the newspapers about it, hoping they will publicise it. That seems to be the main way new chants get around.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum