The Mang

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Mang

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:28 am

Anyone been watching the big man whilst he's been on loan?

How's he faired? I know Otter looked like a fantastic defender over there so it's fairly meaningless, but I still hope that Mangala comes good. He's had Costa and Zlatan in his pocket. Shame he's not consistent.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: The Mang

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:28 am

haven't seen him play for the Mase but was reading this last night

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/01/23/cit ... ot-enough/

In Spain, Eliaquim Mangala is continuing to turn around his fortunes at Valencia. Under new interim manager Voro, the Frenchman has started to find some form and put in a man of the match performance away at Villarreal. Mangala made 10 clearances, won all of his tackles and didn’t commit a foul as Valencia defied the odds to pick up their first clean-sheet since April 2016. Mangala has formed a solid partnership with Ezequiel Garay in recent weeks and has heads turning in Spain. Does he still have a future at Manchester City?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:45 am

He was and always will be better than that soft, diving prick Otamendi
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:41 am

Fidel Castro wrote:He was and always will be better than that soft, diving prick Otamendi

I'll second that!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:48 am

I like him. He has everything in his locker that a centre half should have for my money. Fast, strong, good in the air and doesn't get bullied. Details like accuracy of passing can be worked on as he is stil young and positional awareness come with experience.

Really hope he gets another chance
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:32 am

Fidel Castro wrote:He was and always will be better than that soft, diving prick Otamendi

If this cunt is still here for next season Ill go fuckign mental...a la Lescott mode.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:38 am

All mangala needs is consistency. We know he has the ability as he has shown it quite a few times, which is what makes it frustrating. His pace at the back is a big miss too.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:50 am

He was/is fairly raw. He's still only 25 though and could have a good 5-8 years left in him to make an impact as a top quality defender.

He's left footed. In all honestly would he have had a worse season than Kolarov or Clichy if he'd been kept and played as a left back? I don't think he would have.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:43 am

gmercer1 wrote:

I'll second that!

I'm with you guys on this one.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:44 am

He'd have been a much better bet at center half than Kolarov but I wouldn't play him at left back under any circumstances. I hope he comes back and makes it with us.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby sheblue » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:03 am

Can he play out from the back the way Pep will demand. Not convinced.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:11 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:haven't seen him play for the Mase but was reading this last night

In Spain, Eliaquim Mangala is continuing to turn around his fortunes at Valencia. Under new interim manager Voro, the Frenchman has started to find some form and put in a man of the match performance away at Villarreal. Mangala made 10 clearances, won all of his tackles and didn’t commit a foul as Valencia defied the odds to pick up their first clean-sheet since April 2016. Mangala has formed a solid partnership with Ezequiel Garay in recent weeks and has heads turning in Spain. Does he still have a future at Manchester City?

Would there be any benefit in making a bid for Garay, in the summer and bringing back Mangala to play alongside him, if their current partnership continues to prosper ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:12 am

One of Pep's big mistakes. He got shut of the wrong centre half.
It's true that he isn't great with the ball at his feet, but we could certainly do with a proper 'stopper' right now.
Otamendi? Rank rotten defender. Brushed aside so easily by a strong forward.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:22 am

I was certain Pep was going to have a good look at him - he had the makings of a good Prem defender (and a left footed one at that) if he could have been more consistent.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:30 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:haven't seen him play for the Mase but was reading this last night

Would there be any benefit in making a bid for Garay, in the summer and bringing back Mangala to play alongside him, if their current partnership continues to prosper ??

Just checked up and Ezequiel Garay is 30 now (when I posted, I thought he was a bit younger than that), so it makes no sense to sign someone of that age, when we're looking to the future.

On that basis, please ignore my previous post.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:31 am

I was always on the boat that he is a good defender. A bit distracted at times, but good defender. Some of the critics around him were harsh. I remember his debut with Chelsea. If was one of the best starts for a defender in the last years. We saw a lot of classs after Zaba was sent off.

I would recall him in a heart beat rather than going after that prick Laporte again.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:21 pm

PeterParker wrote:I was always on the boat that he is a good defender. A bit distracted at times, but good defender. Some of the critics around him were harsh. I remember his debut with Chelsea. If was one of the best starts for a defender in the last years. We saw a lot of classs after Zaba was sent off.

I would recall him in a heart beat rather than going after that prick Laporte again.

I'm with you on this PP.

Moreover, I also think it's about player combinations.

Get the right centre-back partner for him and the whole becomes greater than the sum of its parts, added to which he's already ours so bringing him back wouldn't impact on any transfer budget limitations we might have imposed upon us.

Would a Stones-Mangala partnership work ????
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:48 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I was always on the boat that he is a good defender. A bit distracted at times, but good defender. Some of the critics around him were harsh. I remember his debut with Chelsea. If was one of the best starts for a defender in the last years. We saw a lot of classs after Zaba was sent off.

I'm with you on this PP.

Get the right centre-back partner for him and the whole becomes greater than the sum of its parts, added to which he's already ours so bringing him back wouldn't impact on any transfer budget limitations we might have imposed upon us.

I don't think a Stones/Mangala partnership would work, or at the very least it would need two different full backs to what we have. That said, until it's been tried and either proved or failed we won't know.

I can see Mangala/Stones/(?) as a back three tough. One tough guy, one ball player and one overall leader (Kompany if fit), Bonucci maybe if not, Godin from Atletico perhaps.

One thing is for sure though and that is we are going to see a different defence in terms of personnel than this year and time will tell whether the results will be different
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby aaron bond » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Big mistake to get rid of him considering the 3 turds we currently have to choose from.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I'm with you on this PP.

I am certain it could. The thing is, our defence lacks a leader. Chelsea has that, Cahill, that is why they are top. Vinnie should had been that leader for us, but with his injury record, things are looking bad. Stones needs to step up, even if he is young.

If I was Pep, I would go and try to get that fucker Bonucci, pay them 40 mil and get him. We need dirty fuckers on the back who can show opponents who is the boss, not soft players like Otamendi.

As a plan B, I was always curious why Howedes was not on Guardiola”s list. Benny is the leader of Schalke for 5-6 years now, solid defender, 28 or 29 now (without looking), world champions and most of all, sold and semi cheap (for our standards). Pep praised him a lot when he was at Bayern and I was certain he was going to put a bid on him. Weird.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum