The Mang

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Mang

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:23 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:A few years ago now, weren't we at one point linked with Chiellini NB, but nothing came of it ??

Or was it just paper talk as usual ??

Probably were and most likely when he was involved in contract negotiations. Agents love to drop City's name to journos in order to strengthen their hand when negotiating terms with their client's club.

Vaguely seem to remember that as well. Probably at the time we got Lescott!

Speaking of Lescott, I've just been reading that he's been training at City, apparently City officials made Moyes aware of his availability and he's now joined them.

Once a Blue

He's bottom of the league, he's bottom of the leeeeeague.

Haha, he'll probably take Denayer's place, d'oh!
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:26 pm

If you look at our defence now, Lescott really looked like Beckenbauer.

We should had given him a contract untill summer. What is the worse that could had happen? We saw everything regarding our defence this year. Even Frank Sinclar wouldn't make us worse.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:31 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:A few years ago now, weren't we at one point linked with Chiellini NB, but nothing came of it ??

Or was it just paper talk as usual ??

Probably were and most likely when he was involved in contract negotiations. Agents love to drop City's name to journos in order to strengthen their hand when negotiating terms with their client's club.

Vaguely seem to remember that as well. Probably at the time we got Lescott!

There's a lot more to Chiellini than meets the eye.

He has a Degree in Economics and Commerce (his thesis was an analysis of Juventus' balance sheets)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:42 pm

Spurge wrote:
nottsblue wrote:I like him. He has everything in his locker that a centre half should have for my money. Fast, strong, good in the air and doesn't get bullied.Details like accuracy of passing can be worked on as he is stil young and positional awareness come with experience.

Really hope he gets another chance

Well that wasn't peps stance with hart. Appreciate you have said still young but we're not talking about a 19 year old

True. But a defender is one of four. You can have a bit of slack in one if the other three are on their game. If the goalie is poor at distribution then the system falls down.

However, what I consider good attributes for a centre half are likely to be very different to what Pep wants to see.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:54 am

Spurge wrote:
nottsblue wrote:I like him. He has everything in his locker that a centre half should have for my money. Fast, strong, good in the air and doesn't get bullied.Details like accuracy of passing can be worked on as he is stil young and positional awareness come with experience.

Well that wasn't peps stance with hart. Appreciate you have said still young but we're not talking about a 19 year old

Indeed, come on now. The guy is 25. It's too late for the improvement that is needed and Ze Mangler will never be comfortable enough with the ball at his feet for Pep.

I could see him thriving in a different setup though. A bit more focus and he could be a star
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:41 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Spurge wrote:

Indeed, come on now. The guy is 25. It's too late for the improvement that is needed and Ze Mangler will never be comfortable enough with the ball at his feet for Pep.

I could see him thriving in a different setup though. A bit more focus and he could be a star

I haven't seen anything of Valencia, or how they currently play, but do they try and pass the ball out from defence and, if so, has Mangala been able to fit in with this ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:47 am

Marca backing up what's been said in that scouting report.

Courtesy of @City_Watch:

Manchester City loanee Eliaquim Mangala is finding his best form and fast becoming the leader of Valencia's defence. [Marca]

Valencia have an option to buy Mangala for €18m (£15.3m), but the price is likely to be too high, and he will return to Manchester. [Marca]
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby fangsanalsatan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:02 am

Valencia made a good €100m by selling André Gomes, Paco Alcácer and Mustafi last summer. They must really be convinced by Mangala if they can't be arsed to fork out that low of an asking price.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:10 am

fangsanalsatan wrote:Valencia made a good €100m by selling André Gomes, Paco Alcácer and Mustafi last summer. They must really be convinced by Mangala if they can't be arsed to fork out that low of an asking price.

Valencia have been in financial trouble for years now. They were close to the brink at one stage a couple of years back.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby fangsanalsatan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:12 am

fangsanalsatan wrote:Valencia made a good €100m by selling André Gomes, Paco Alcácer and Mustafi last summer. They must really be convinced by Mangala if they can't be arsed to fork out that low of an asking price.

Valencia have been in financial trouble for years now. They were close to the brink at one stage a couple of years back.

And then they were sold to Peter Lim...
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:21 am

fangsanalsatan wrote:

Fat lot of good that did

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.ibtimes ... ent=safari
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby fangsanalsatan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:55 am

fangsanalsatan wrote:

Fat lot of good that did

They then went ahead and spent €20m on a 30-year old CB in Garay. As I said, if Mangala did really well, they'd find €18m.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:57 am

fangsanalsatan wrote:
fangsanalsatan wrote:

Fat lot of good that did

They then went ahead and spent €20m on a 30-year old CB in Garay. As I said, if Mangala did really well, they'd find €18m.

Maybe they still will, it's all just speculation at this stage.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:16 pm

sheblue wrote:Can he play out from the back the way Pep will demand. Not convinced.

This is clearly a serious reason why he picked Otamendi to stay instead of him.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:17 pm

Still struggle why some here seem to want players to come back or play for Pep who are likely never going to be Pep players...

Mangala and Hart being the two obvious ones.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:19 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:

Maybe they still will, it's all just speculation at this stage.

No point speculating though.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:11 pm

If anybody has any lingering hopes for Mangala then I suggest you watch his performance against Las Palmas, currently live on Sky. If you missed it then YouTube Las Palmas' third goal scored by Boateng.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:43 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:If anybody has any lingering hopes for Mangala then I suggest you watch his performance against Las Palmas, currently live on Sky. If you missed it then YouTube Las Palmas' third goal scored by Boateng.

Not one of his finer moments

https://my.mixtape.moe/lsreuo.mp4
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:51 pm

Unless my recollection has been lost in this thread I thought he used to get some right shit game after game yet I'm now reading that he could be a real asset?

The problem with Mangala was that he was young, similar to Stones, who needed a proven player next to him. Vinnie was that player but had problems when Mangala was coming through.

Young players need an experienced head next to them, teaching them when to push, when to drop; when to tackle, when to jockey. Our young players haven't had that sort of mentor for many years, and regardless of talent, the PL will rip you a new one if you don't get it right.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:03 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Unless my recollection has been lost in this thread I thought he used to get some right shit game after game yet I'm now reading that he could be a real asset?

The problem with Mangala was that he was young, similar to Stones, who needed a proven player next to him. Vinnie was that player but had problems when Mangala was coming through.

Young players need an experienced head next to them, teaching them when to push, when to drop; when to tackle, when to jockey. Our young players haven't had that sort of mentor for many years, and regardless of talent, the PL will rip you a new one if you don't get it right.

Agree with all of that Beefy, in regards Stones needing that mentor would you persevere with Vinnie this summer or would you target an experienced defender, Godin was mooted on here for example? He sure as shit isn't going to get any mentoring from the Otter.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum