Officials - Spurs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Officials - Spurs

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:39 am

Spurge and Foreverinbluedreams. I am not saying these couldn't have been awarded. Indeed if we played in a different colour shirt or if we had different match officials they may well have been awarded. Indeed, if a different City player had been involved the decision may have been different, just opened a separate thread about that as it goes.

May personal take on it was that although there was contact, in the main Sterling was just outmuscled and out manoeuvred. I am of the age where when I grew up watching football, defending was more physical than it is today and I still have that mentality even though the game has changed since then. Maybe my opinion is skewed by that, I don't know but I always think on a penalty decision whether I'd be disappointed if we conceded it. And for the first two, I would be. But I can understand why folks are disappointed not to be awarded them.

My biggest gripe, as with a large number of fans, is the consistency between decisions
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Spurge » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:49 am

nottsblue wrote:Spurge and Foreverinbluedreams. I am not saying these couldn't have been awarded. Indeed if we played in a different colour shirt or if we had different match officials they may well have been awarded. Indeed, if a different City player had been involved the decision may have been different, just opened a separate thread about that as it goes.

May personal take on it was that although there was contact, in the main Sterling was just outmuscled and out manoeuvred. I am of the age where when I grew up watching football, defending was more physical than it is today and I still have that mentality even though the game has changed since then. Maybe my opinion is skewed by that, I don't know but I always think on a penalty decision whether I'd be disappointed if we conceded it. And for the first two, I would be. But I can understand why folks are disappointed not to be awarded them.

My biggest gripe, as with a large number of fans, is the consistency between decisions

Understood Notts, yeh I know what you're saying about how the game was played when you were growing up (my era as well) it really annoys me when a player concedes a free kick in the modern era having won the ball first and his momentum then takes the man, back in the day a challenge like that earned you a contract extension now its a red card!
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:08 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
phips wrote:i pity you guys that have to watch biased television coverage.

you're a bit of a blott on the landscape phips, you don't seem to understand that city being robbed and cheated week in and week out doesn't stop us being the best team in the league, these words are my last concession to your unfortunate continuing presence on the board btw, cheerio.

That's a bit delusional. Even on top form 5 players of that spurs team would walk into our team, maybe 6 or 7. We are rebuilding and will be the best team again but we are not now

On yesterday's performance the only ones I would take would be alderweireld and (even though he had rare howlers) Lloris. We made rose and Walker look ordinary yesterday but they're still better than our full backs especially clichy who is worse than dog shit
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:15 pm

freshie wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
phips wrote:i pity you guys that have to watch biased television coverage.

you're a bit of a blott on the landscape phips, you don't seem to understand that city being robbed and cheated week in and week out doesn't stop us being the best team in the league, these words are my last concession to your unfortunate continuing presence on the board btw, cheerio.

That's a bit delusional. Even on top form 5 players of that spurs team would walk into our team, maybe 6 or 7. We are rebuilding and will be the best team again but we are not now

On yesterday's performance the only ones I would take would be alderweireld and (even though he had rare howlers) Lloris. We made rose and Walker look ordinary yesterday but they're still better than our full backs especially clichy who is worse than dog shit

Clichy has been bad for a number of years now - in fact I believe his only good season with us was 11/12. Yet people still pretended he was a better defender than Kolarov. They're both terrible at defending.

I'm sick of seeing Clichy back off the attacker until they're at our penalty box!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:40 pm

I actually thought kolarov had a great game yesterday (apart from the alli goal which was mainly Clichy's fault)
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby MUS » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:05 pm

This one was a bitter pill to swallow. We've already been screwed by refs this season before this game. To think it's still happening makes me think this is just something we're going to have to live with. Our players get 0 protection and we're constantly being kicked to death without even a yellow card being shown. I firmly believe the refs have an agenda or a mandate to make life as difficult as possible for us. At the very least it's a subconscious disliking of the city project which has placed city in a box that we will not get out of for a number of years to come. They know we want to play great football and improve the level of English football but they're dragging it back to the dark ages with this reverence towards outdated and agricultural "underdog" style of play. The offensive team should always have the benefit of the doubt and not the defenders. This is why our league is described as "physical" and another reason why England won't be winning anything any time soon. Stick with it lads, when we win the trophies at least we will know it will be fully deserved.
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:09 pm

MUS wrote:This one was a bitter pill to swallow. We've already been screwed by refs this season before this game. To think it's still happening makes me think this is just something we're going to have to live with. Our players get 0 protection and we're constantly being kicked to death without even a yellow card being shown. I firmly believe the refs have an agenda or a mandate to make life as difficult as possible for us. At the very least it's a subconscious disliking of the city project which has placed city in a box that we will not get out of for a number of years to come. They know we want to play great football and improve the level of English football but they're dragging it back to the dark ages with this reverence towards outdated and agricultural "underdog" style of play. The offensive team should always have the benefit of the doubt and not the defenders. This is why our league is described as "physical" and another reason why England won't be winning anything any time soon. Stick with it lads, when we win the trophies at least we will know it will be fully deserved.

This is what I think. Not sure if it's rasicm or jealously, I suspect a little of both.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:18 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
MUS wrote:This one was a bitter pill to swallow. We've already been screwed by refs this season before this game. To think it's still happening makes me think this is just something we're going to have to live with. Our players get 0 protection and we're constantly being kicked to death without even a yellow card being shown. I firmly believe the refs have an agenda or a mandate to make life as difficult as possible for us. At the very least it's a subconscious disliking of the city project which has placed city in a box that we will not get out of for a number of years to come. They know we want to play great football and improve the level of English football but they're dragging it back to the dark ages with this reverence towards outdated and agricultural "underdog" style of play. The offensive team should always have the benefit of the doubt and not the defenders. This is why our league is described as "physical" and another reason why England won't be winning anything any time soon. Stick with it lads, when we win the trophies at least we will know it will be fully deserved.

This is what I think. Not sure if it's rasicm or jealously, I suspect a little of both.

It's the old guard desperately trying to keep up.
Someone had to pay for the point dropped by rags yesterday.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum