PiGMOB

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

PiGMOB

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:52 am

I was just thinking about all the corrupt and biased refereeing decisions, which we are having to suffer more and more with every passing game and I got to wondering about PGMOL and how they are funded, financed or whatever.

They are a Limited Liability Company and they've had periodic sponsorship from various sources, but they seem just a shadowy, secretive organisation and I didn't know where their main source of income was/is derived. One assumes it's a combination of the FA and the PL.

On that basis I was just noodling about and I came across this website https://www.premierleague.com/referees and tucked in there is a "Fan Panel" facility, upon which anyone can register.

It's described as being open to football supporters who can give their views on a range of issues which affect the PL and it goes on to say, 'inter alia', that participation is anonymous and fans can take part in as many 'surveys' as possible.

I haven't registered myself yet, but I wonder if anyone else has come across this at all and it did strike me that if a fair number of City fans did register and complained about the corruption and bias being perpetually exhibited against us, in much the same way that we complain about it on this forum (and, no doubt on BlueMoon as well), that perhaps, over a sustained period of time, the message might just start to get through to one of the sources of our troubles.

Anyway, don't know if anyone is interested but it's just a thought, for what it's worth.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Re: PiGMOB

Postby Nickyboy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:35 am

I get the premier league fan panel surveys and it's more stuff to do with match day habits and probably questions asked to get data to farm out to sponsors, similar to the city voice surveys.

Never been anything asking about match officials etc.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:18 am

Video replays will wipe a huge amount of the corruption/bias/incompetence out in one swoop.

Simple solution, but theres a lot of reason$ not to introduce it.

The rest of the bullshit of PIGMOL and the fa and premier league blah blah... all part of one mission. Pander to the masses and make a mint.

The end.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:49 am

There's very little out there to confirm who funds PiGMOL, and who runs them, so you have to read between the lines. PiGMOL was set-up specifically for the PL and away from the FA. Yes, the FA are still the governing body but that's where it ends.

Just look back at the current managers reign. Hackett, who was considered by Taggart to be against them, is then moved out in favour of Riley, who is considered very pro-Rag. He then allows the various inconsistencies in regulations in favour of the Rags, too many to list this season, but takes no action against the referees in question. In fact, in some cases they've been given the biggest games.

Sky pay the PL, the PL run PiGMOL. It makes you wonder.

PiGMOL are just Sky's puppet. Interesting that when Taggart gets his man at the Rags, the favours start flowing in.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Original Dub wrote:Video replays will wipe a huge amount of the corruption/bias/incompetence out in one swoop.

The rest of the bullshit of PIGMOL and the fa and premier league blah blah... all part of one mission. Pander to the masses and make a mint.

The end.

I've always been dead against video replays, believing luck evens itself out and the best team will still win the league etc etc. The last couple of seasons or so have now convinced me otherwise. Id go so far as to say football will have no credibility at all if they don't bring in replays. I'd be happy if they would just do it for our games.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby The Maine Man » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:08 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Video replays will wipe a huge amount of the corruption/bias/incompetence out in one swoop.

The end.

I've always been dead against video replays, believing luck evens itself out and the best team will still win the league etc etc. The last couple of seasons or so have now convinced me otherwise. Id go so far as to say football will have no credibility at all if they don't bring in replays. I'd be happy if they would just do it for our games.

I've always said we should have video replays for that reason. It's naive to think in a sport with this much money that there is no corruption and the only strong argument against video replays is to cover up corrupt decisions if you're a benefactor.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Return to The Maine Football forum