Lawro v Degenerate Predictions v Spuds (H)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro v Degenerate Predictions v Spuds (H)

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:36 pm

Lawro's opponent for this week's Premier League fixtures is actor James McAvoy, star of new film 'Split'.
McAvoy is a Celtic fan and says he grew up supporting them for many reasons.

"I think your choice of football club quite often is not your choice," he told BBC Sport. "It is thrust upon you by your family, wherever you grew up, or sometimes even your religion, so it is a kind of environmental thing that you just soak up.

"That is why I am a Celtic fan but why I enjoy being a Celtic fan is different and I have much more power over that.

"In London, I keep an eye on Arsenal but I am not really an Arsenal fan. I am more of a plastic Gooner just because I used to live two doors away from the East Stand when they played at Highbury.

"That was amazing. When I couldn't get tickets, which was quite often, I would be able to watch the game on TV, open the windows and turn the sound down, and just have the roar of the crowd in the background."

Lawro says

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38632703

Tottenham are flying right now and I don't think Jan Vertonghen's injury will affect them because in Kevin Wimmer and Ben Davies they have got a couple of potential replacements at the back.

I like their 3-5-2 formation because it really suits their players and you could argue that, at the moment, they are the best team in the league.

I would expect some improvement from Manchester City after last week's heavy defeat against Everton but they are struggling defensively and this Spurs team will definitely create chances against them too.

Put it this way, I can see there being a few goals at both ends.

There has been a lot of debate about City's £50m defender John Stones of late.

Stones is a really good footballer who is a bit unlucky that Nicolas Otamendi is his centre-back partner, and City's full-backs are not good enough.

But Stones has got to start making good defensive decisions himself. He needs to become a defender who can manage the game, because City do not have one at the moment.

Lawro's prediction: 2-2

James McAvoy's prediction: I am looking for a thriller. 3-3

Merson says

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -tottenham

Everybody is telling me Tottenham can win the league but if Man City beat them then they are level on points with Mauricio Pochettino's side. It's a must-win game for City. If Pep Guardiola can get a win I think his side are back to being top four material.If they lose though I think they can wave goodbye to the top four. Defeat would knock the stuffing out of them and I don't think these players are up for a top four battle. It's a big, big football match for City. For me, it's cometh the hour cometh the man. Pep's got to put a side out that will produce and win this match and I'm backing him to do it.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1 (15/2 with Sky Bet)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro v Degenerate Predictions v Spuds (H)

Postby Justified logic » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:09 am

So a 0-0 then.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:09 am

Justified logic wrote:So a 0-0 then.

Would take that if it was offered
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:38 am

nottsblue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:So a 0-0 then.

Would take that if it was offered

+1.

I've got recurring nightmares of Harry Kane strolling through our back line and having a field day........and he's not the only one we have to worry about.

I just want this game over and see if we can, afterwards, just pull ourselves together and at least go through the semblance of trying to look like a half decent side.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:45 am

i am baffled by the media and pundits who rip into City at times as an awful team with sub standard plares bla bla and then come out and say we will win a game or should win a game with the quality we have. We alledgedly have the best squad in the league but most of them wouldnt get into another team.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:43 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:i am baffled by the media and pundits who rip into City at times as an awful team with sub standard plares bla bla and then come out and say we will win a game or should win a game with the quality we have. We alledgedly have the best squad in the league but most of them wouldnt get into another team.

You only have to look to the fawning over Spurs and the Dippers and look at us in crisis 3 points behind to see it for what it is.
Actually, you only have to look at the fawning for the rags who are BEHIND us FFS.

It's a funny old game
Original Dub

Postby sheblue » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:04 am

Never know what city side will turn up. After the low of last week were due some luck. But I can't see us scoring many, we ain't got goals in us at the moment. I would take a draw.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:04 pm

Fearing another humiliation.

Hopefully the registration of Jesus will have the desired affect on the team, whether he plays or not.

Just thought of another song for him.

I believe in miracles.
Where you from
You sexy thing.

I believe in miracles.
Jesus on
The City wing.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:i am baffled by the media and pundits who rip into City at times as an awful team with sub standard plares bla bla and then come out and say we will win a game or should win a game with the quality we have. We alledgedly have the best squad in the league but most of them wouldnt get into another team.

Haha they rarely predict us to lose. It is funny and feeds into the feeling that most outlets really really dislike us.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:17 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Fearing another humiliation.

Hopefully the registration of Jesus will have the desired affect on the team, whether he plays or not.

Just thought of another song for him.

I believe in miracles.
Where you from
You sexy thing.

I believe in miracles.
Jesus on
The City wing.

Mmmm.....good effort IWT, although I wouldn't recommend giving up the day job just yet, as you might get done for plagiarism. :roll:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Return to The Maine Football forum