***pep's city v spurs official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***pep's city v spurs official match thread***

Postby budfox » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:27 pm

I'm not sure that "conspiracy" is the right word, but there is no doubt that external forces and match situations influence decisions.

This is typified by the fact that week-in, week out, fouls given outside the box would not be given if they were inside. I think it's also often the case that a red-card is more likely to be shown later in the game than earlier on, for the same offence.

It's easy for a ref to send someone off when his team is 3-0 down with five minutes to go, but to send off a star player that people have paid money to see when it's 0-0 and five minutes in... well that's a different matter.

Easier to give a penalty to the home team too, refs are human and a baying crowd of 50,000 rags would influence anyone.

As to today's decision, I can imagine that the ref might have missed it, easy to miss a fairly small push when you are behind the players (which I assume he was), but the linesman must surely have seen what happened and is probably to blame here.

On the plus side I thought we played well, really well, but I'd love to Serge banging in one or two more and I reckon Sterling needs a run of goals to get the balls to shoot again.

We aren't going to catch Chelsea, but on today's form I think top four is achievable.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:57 pm

budfox wrote:I'm not sure that "conspiracy" is the right word, but there is no doubt that external forces and match situations influence decisions.

This is typified by the fact that week-in, week out, fouls given outside the box would not be given if they were inside. I think it's also often the case that a red-card is more likely to be shown later in the game than earlier on, for the same offence.

It's easy for a ref to send someone off when his team is 3-0 down with five minutes to go, but to send off a star player that people have paid money to see when it's 0-0 and five minutes in... well that's a different matter.

Easier to give a penalty to the home team too, refs are human and a baying crowd of 50,000 rags would influence anyone.

As to today's decision, I can imagine that the ref might have missed it, easy to miss a fairly small push when you are behind the players (which I assume he was), but the linesman must surely have seen what happened and is probably to blame here.

On the plus side I thought we played well, really well, but I'd love to Serge banging in one or two more and I reckon Sterling needs a run of goals to get the balls to shoot again.

We aren't going to catch Chelsea, but on today's form I think top four is achievable.

All good points and maybe if we are on the refs back from the start the big decisions will fall on our side
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dimples » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:06 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
budfox wrote:I'm not sure that "conspiracy" is the right word, but there is no doubt that external forces and match situations influence decisions.

All good points and maybe if we are on the refs back from the start the big decisions will fall on our side

CONSPIRACY is the right word.

Refs have no problem sending home players of when it's again'st the rags - think West Ham.
Ditto today, as a poster pointed out, 4 yellows for Stoke, 0 for RAgs both teams committed almost the same number of tackles.
Then there are offside goals given away from home for the Rags, for ex, West Ham game.
Two footed lunges by Rojo away from home ignored.
And on and on and on it goes.

So refs do not appear to be intimidated by home fans when the Rags are the visitors.
Drop the word 'theory' from conspiracy. It is not a theory, it is a fact trying to hide in open view.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby bigblue » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:52 am

Mase wrote:I'm done.

You've said that about 5 times this season
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dimples » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:40 am

bigblue wrote:

I have said the same thing to myself a few times this season.
The reasons I am 'not done' just yet are:
1. Pep can build a team of winners that will play football that will be great to watch like Brazil 1970
2. Our owners have the muscle to ensure a level playing field and will sort it out this season.

If the corruption continues into next season I am done. It is to hard to take and leaves me feeling sick and angry.
Throw in wankfests over Rooney's record 'goal' today ignoring that it was in an unjustified +4 mins added time....
Vomit inducing stuff.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:50 am

bigblue wrote:

How do you know I wasn't taking a shit and just about to start wiping my arse?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:23 am

Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:

How do you know I wasn't taking a shit and just about to start wiping my arse?

At 5 times a season I bet you needed it!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum