***pep's city v spurs official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***pep's city v spurs official match thread***

Postby s1ty m » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:05 pm

Sterling. Fuck me that was as bad a display as I've seen since Lee Bradbury. We can't continue with this fella. He can't play football
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:09 pm

Jesus will replace him.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby blues2win » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:12 pm

I hope Kompany and Jesus start against Palace. Maybe try Delph at left back?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:16 pm

Mase wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
Don't believe in all the ref conspiracy bullshit but I do hope Pep comes out and makes a big deal of it. We need to start highlighting these decisions so refs feel under the spotlight and we are the ones shouting that everything is going against us.

Out of what? If you don't believe in the conspiracy what do you want him to make a big deal of?

If you're saying it was just a one off, because you don't believe in the 'bullshit' why should Pep come out and make a big deal of anything? It's just a one off after all...

I hope Pep puts the peno decision in the media spotlight. The media will run with it.

I posted a few weeks ago how we need to turn into a team of angry bastards and start putting officials under pressure so that if there is a 50 50 decision then the ref will give us the decision as they know it will be highlighted if they got it wrong.

As fans we need to make the ground as intimitating as possible. At the moment when a ref gives a decision against us, we just seem to resign ourselves and say "See I told you so, sure we can't win because of the ref" instead of encouraging the players and intimidating the ref.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby phips » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:30 pm

s1ty m wrote:Sterling. Fuck me that was as bad a display as I've seen since Lee Bradbury. We can't continue with this fella. He can't play football

has to be on the bench going forward. he offers nothing aside from pace.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby phips » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:31 pm

blues2win wrote:I hope Kompany and Jesus start against Palace. Maybe try Delph at left back?

Bravo
Nico Kompany Stones
Yaya
Sagna Silva Kevin Sane
Aguero Jesus
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby dick dastardley » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:40 pm

Just back from game, Clichy wtf too old past it, zabba sorry to say the same. Sterling my god no finisher bench time please.
Overall heart and great passing today but that non penalty on sterling makes me feel cheated out of a win and an agenda against this club. Like I said a while back we need to start stating facts in the media, then maybe we might get a level playing field but I won't hold my breath. Fans w3re great today
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Spurge » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:47 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Two shots, two goals

Bravo is truly, truly, truly, truly absolute shit. Fuck off Bravo.

There's no denying it and I've not been happy with bravo's performances from the get go, however lets not detract from the fact that both our goals were gifted (ironically by their goalkeeper) this highlights a big problem in that we MUST be more clinical in the last third it's as big a concern now as the other end.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:51 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
kennyboy wrote:The stats for Bravo... unbeliveble. enough now please

We have been cheated but that fuckign cunt of a keeper is a fuckign embarrassment........he cannot save fuckall...fuckall.

I'm sorry he had absolutely no chance of saving either of the Spuds goals. Clichy should have closed down for the first.....their second was a beauty, however we should have been 15-0 up at that point !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:59 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

We have been cheated but that fuckign cunt of a keeper is a fuckign embarrassment........he cannot save fuckall...fuckall.

I'm sorry he had absolutely no chance of saving either of the Spuds goals. Clichy should have closed down for the first.....their second was a beauty, however we should have been 15-0 up at that point !

The fact of the matter is , he saves FUCKALL...no matter what kind of shot is directed towards his fucking midget frame.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:15 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The fact of the matter is , he saves FUCKALL...no matter what kind of shot is directed towards his fucking midget frame.

I'm not saying Bravo is a good goalie, but no goalkeeper in the world would have got near those two today....and we had a very substantial rub of the green for both of our goals. That said, I thought we were brilliant !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Grandad Rosler » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:15 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He has been shit. No denying that, but what else was there to save other than the two goals he had no chance with today? He's not the way forward but he's no way deserving of the scapegoat today
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:15 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I'm not saying Bravo is a good goalie, but no goalkeeper in the world would have got near those two today....and we had a very substantial rub of the green for both of our goals. That said, I thought we were brilliant !
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Kevin » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:27 pm

Great performance in effort, closing down, winning the ball back early etc. We made Spurs look very ordinary but yet again no killer instinct, we must start really punishing teams. Great performance by DeBruyne, Silva, Yaya, Sane, Sergio but how long can we keep playing Sterling when he cannot finish time after time, he had enough chances to win the game comfortably. Having said that the ref missing the push on him for a certain penalty again and we are just not getting the decisions. Keep the faith as this was hopefully the sign of things to come. Cannot wait to see Jesus start with Sergio he was unlucky to have his goal disallowed, what a start that would have been.
Kevin
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:38 pm

blues2win wrote:Bravo wasn't responsible for either goal. Clichy was our worst player today. Compare him to Danny Rose.

Agree about Bravo and Clichy. What the fuck he was doing talking to other City players when he should have been closing down for the second goal I've no idea.

We were superb today. As always our defending let us down. And yet another piece of corruption from the ref. It's deja vu all over again.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:40 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:sorry to say it but sterling is fucking garbage and he is killing us. horrible buy. The fact that we got bent over on his fee by the fucking dippers makes it even worse.

He was cack at the business end today.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Spurge » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:50 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
blues2win wrote:Bravo wasn't responsible for either goal. Clichy was our worst player today. Compare him to Danny Rose.

Agree about Bravo and Clichy. What the fuck he was doing talking to other City players when he should have been closing down for the second goal I've no idea.

We were superb today. As always our defending let us down. And yet another piece of corruption from the ref. It's deja vu all over again.

But its not just about defending. We must be more clinical up front. Both our goals were gifts from Loris. With the quality we have in the that's not good enough I'm afraid. Missed chances as much as 2 crucial lapses defensively are why we are frustrated after such a good performance.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:55 pm

Spurge wrote:

But its not just about defending. We must be more clinical up front. Both our goals were gifts from Loris. With the quality we have in the that's not good enough I'm afraid. Missed chances as much as 2 crucial lapses defensively are why we are frustrated after such a good performance.

Yep, game should have been over by half-time and we could have scored 8 or 9. But despite the ref, the shit defending and the poor finishing I liked how we played the game.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:56 pm

Mase wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Enjoy yourself Mase.
Just be careful of the Mauritius United firm.
Dangerous bunch.

Maybe zip up and hide your colours.
8-)

Oh, Mauritius is a place? I thought it was someone's name....

More chance of....YES THE GOAT AND BELLERS ON A SPORTS CHANNEL HERE SO ITS GOTTA BE ON!!!!......more chance of the titanic rising than me once I've had a beer!

BEIN sports you fucking chav ! have you never been abroad ??? :-D
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:02 pm

Just waiting for MOTD to come on in my room in the Hilton Deansgate then back on the piss ! :-D
We played great today and the atmosphere in Etihad was right up there aswell . Chances missed and another STONEWALLER not given plus our shit defence ??? Difficult times but Sane and Jesus look the fucking business . We gave spurs a footballing lesson today just same shit defence , same old same old .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum