***pep's city v spurs official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: next: spurs (h)

Postby Slim » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:47 am

Nahhh, not really. You could poke holes through my posts by looking back through match threads.

Just having a little fun.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:21 am

Hazy2 wrote:Get a grip you bunch of cunts, FFS. The vibe rubs off, either get on board or do 1. In time you will all have egg on your face, A little history lesson, when Cruyff built Barca he failed to win the league for 4 years, they came close and won cups. BTW He had never won fuck all in Holland, Barca fans like you were crying over defeats. He beat Madrid regularly but lost the league, The football was starting to become amazing in patches, like us we have seen at the swamp and V Barca, Chelsea for an hour were we not entertained? Pep, like the great man knew his eggs The club was growing all around a team that was hit and miss at times on the pitch, players had to go, Cruyff knew this and was as pissed off as anyone. Once they had the team in place with back up from the squad players to youth, It went onto be known as the Dream team, Brca fans today say the best team ever, it took a lot of time and some pain. 6 months Peps been here win on Saturday we are level with all of our T4 teams bar Chelsea. We have a plan, and you all know that !!!! so get the fuck behind it. 8 years to where we are now the scum press the likes of David Bent Gill know we are building a dynasty and they don't like it I say fuck them and enjoy it we have the best owners the best manager and fans who just need to take a deep breath and look beyond a defeat here and there. Pep has all the time we have owners who hatched this plan that grows not slows. The team will be put right, If he plays Bravo Saturday cheer his name, we forgave Tevez under Bobby FFS. I will clap him and prey he has a worldy, he is not as shite as he has looked will it work out who fooking knows tbh, lets show him once a blue always a blue, even if you have your doubts, its what we do.

Phew......that's some post Hazy. Thanks for that.

However, in future posts could you just humour pedantic idiots like myself, by using a few paragraphs to make it just a little easier to decipher ??

I'm not criticising the content, as it makes good reading :)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:42 am

Slim wrote:Nahhh, not really. You could poke holes through my posts by looking back through match threads.

I post from the heart slim, sorry at times it is a rant I know that. But I do honestly think we have fans who could rip up a golden ticket and never get what it was they had.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:17 pm

I agree Hazy, what's gone before since the takeover is done. But this is the chance to properly dominate and we have the right guy IMO.

Either way we'll know this time next year for sure and I'm ok with that.

That doesn't mean I'm ok with a total collapse but we're only 3 points of the most magnificent teams in the premier league, according to the pundits, so I won't throw toys out just yet.
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:45 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Slim wrote:Nahhh, not really. You could poke holes through my posts by looking back through match threads.

I post from the heart slim, sorry at times it is a rant I know that. But I do honestly think we have fans who could rip up a golden ticket and never get what it was they had.

My problem is I'm not enjoying the football.

I think I could probably number on one hand how many games we've actually played the full 90 minutes for.

70% possession and lost 4-0? That's 70% shitty aimless football right there. How many times do we pass to Bravo after getting rushed off the ball 20 yards from our own goal? You want tiki-taka? Do it 30 yards from THEIR goal. At the back we aren't trying to break down defenses, so get the fucking ball to where we are.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:15 pm

Slim wrote:70% possession and lost 4-0? That's 70% shitty aimless football right there. How many times do we pass to Bravo after getting rushed off the ball 20 yards from our own goal? You want tiki-taka? Do it 30 yards from THEIR goal. At the back we aren't trying to break down defenses, so get the fucking ball to where we are.

For me it's how many times do we pass back to Bravo and around the back for 3 minutes, only for Bravo to hoof it forward when we can't find a way out. I get trying to play out of the back, but it's pointless if we're just going to hoof it anyways. Bring back Joe.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:47 pm

bigblue wrote:
Slim wrote:70% possession and lost 4-0? That's 70% shitty aimless football right there. How many times do we pass to Bravo after getting rushed off the ball 20 yards from our own goal? You want tiki-taka? Do it 30 yards from THEIR goal. At the back we aren't trying to break down defenses, so get the fucking ball to where we are.

For me it's how many times do we pass back to Bravo and around the back for 3 minutes, only for Bravo to hoof it forward when we can't find a way out. I get trying to play out of the back, but it's pointless if we're just going to hoof it anyways. Bring back Joe.

This is infuriating. All it does is encourage teams to press harder. We look stupid in the process.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:52 pm

for me, i see kun receive a pass on the edge of their box and instead of going into the box , play it badly back to midfield where the player, because it's a shit pass , is forced to go further back until finally the goalie is forced to lump it upfield.

the forwards must go forward , and they are the ones that are allowed to play risk football because it is where we score goals and we must take risks. Every cute controlled pass to to goalie ends up being high risk for us.
Last edited by zuricity on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:01 pm

Slim wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I think I could probably number on one hand how many games we've actually played the full 90 minutes for.

70% possession and lost 4-0? That's 70% shitty aimless football right there. How many times do we pass to Bravo after getting rushed off the ball 20 yards from our own goal? You want tiki-taka? Do it 30 yards from THEIR goal. At the back we aren't trying to break down defenses, so get the fucking ball to where we are.

He got a lot of schtick from ze germans at the institution that is Bayern Munchen for the same vibes from ex players and fans alike.

I hate this team more than any since the takeover. Times ten. fucking annoying group of misfits and goofballs shoved together to try and make a team. Hand it to Pep, he's quickly exposed that we need to spend 250M next summer. It might have taken Pellers two more seasons to show that.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:59 pm

Perhaps against Spurs, we should aim to have roughly 98% or 99% possession, irrespective of whether it's aimless, or not.

If we achieve that, then we might only lose 1-0, instead of by a bucketful.

I'm so concerned about this game and, with all our defensive shortcomings 'inter alia', it's so difficult to summon up any optimism at all, but come on City, please prove us all wrong.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:31 pm

Has the referee been announced yet? Am just as concerned about the potential official as I am of Spuds. The wrong official, in our eyes anyway, and the match could be a disaster
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:38 pm

nottsblue wrote:Has the referee been announced yet? Am just as concerned about the potential official as I am of Spuds. The wrong official, in our eyes anyway, and the match could be a disaster

LookNige reckons it's all in your head ;)
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:58 pm

Andrea Martiner isn't it? Didn't see that coming!

*gets coat*
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:23 pm

So, what's the team on Saturday. The lack of available central midfielders is my biggest worry. One name defo on the team sheet is the goalie:
Jonny Bravo
Sagna Kompamy Kolarov Clichy
Fern 2
Navas KDB Yaya Silva
Aguero
I'm not sure if Fern 2 or Vince will be fit so Stones and Delph may need to fill in. It's a late kick off so hopefully the crowd will be tuned in and we can all get behind the lads. It's shit at the moment but there will be better days.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby City64 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:32 pm

5.30 KO = decent pre match sesh in the city center , not all bad !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:06 pm

City64 wrote:5.30 KO = decent pre match sesh in the city center , not all bad !

Off the booze at the moment (not that January shit) so envy you your session. Although it is a post-match session I'll be missing out on and really love those after a 5:30 kick-off. Enjoy.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby City64 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:12 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

Off the booze at the moment (not that January shit) so envy you your session. Although it is a post-match session I'll be missing out on and really love those after a 5:30 kick-off. Enjoy.

Hope all is well pal , 5.30 KOs are bang on for sure .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:35 pm

City64 wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

Hope all is well pal , 5.30 KOs are bang on for sure .

All is fine, mate.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:43 pm

We will win.....(Last time I said this we beat Arse)
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:43 pm

Slim wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

This is it for me. Just had the enjoyment beaten out of me this season. Not enjoying the football. And it's nothing to do with us losing. I just think between Pep playing crap possession football and every team we play coming to Eastlands and just whacking 11 (sometimes 12) behind the ball it's just fuckin boring!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum