Tossing off

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tossing off

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:04 pm

Stories linking the lad to Everton.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Tossing off

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:13 pm

He'll never get a look in anyway, we're far more likely to convert old, shite full backs into even worse centre halves
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:He'll never get a look in anyway, we're far more likely to convert old, shite full backs into even worse centre halves

I don't know about anyone else, but I find this whole scenario totally depressing.

Just what the deuce is going on ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby ruralblue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:07 pm

Maybe if we had got battered by Liverpool or anyone else for that matter last weekend the press would link him there.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:58 pm

You look at that Ake that Chelsea have loaned out and wonder why the fuck we are so shit at loaning people out and getting them back better than they went.

Tosin would be perfect to go out on loan for a few years and then we'll know either way.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:04 pm

If you take away any feelings you have for City and were advising him, would you suggest he stayed? Pep seems no more likely to trust youth than Pellegrini was - Zaba in midfield on Sunday against an 18 year old, but we couldn't trust our 18 year to play.

Whilst I'm not suggesting he should be thrown in to try and sort out our defensive frailities, are we ever going to see him or Garcia or Gunn? How do we know if they're good enough if we never try and find out. If we're not sure, let's get them on loan to an English side - we know they have talent and we can see that in the PL2, so I'm not sure what some Dutch side gives us that we don't know, but a league 1 or championship side would be a real test
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby aaron bond » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:44 pm

If this is true, then I understand why he'd want to look elsewhere.

He must look at Otamendi, Stones and Kolarov and wonder why he doesn't get a chance.

We're happy to pay £50m for Stones who was poor at Everton and made lots of mistakes, but thought he had potential. Since he's arrived he's been poor and made lots of mistakes. Why don't we just give our own youngsters a chance?
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:50 am

Let's relax a bit. It's a contract disagreement. He hasn't signed a contract and left on a free just yet.

And as much as I like him not so sure he's up to the speed of the PL just yet from what I have seen.

I hope we keep him, but let's see what happens.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:16 am

I think letting Tosin go would be a mistake. He can't be worse than Otamendi. We all saw some good performances for him.

That being said, I think we should not allow a piss poor agent play us. Happend the same with Denayer if you recall. Prove something before having the nerve to act like this.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:21 pm

PeterParker wrote:I think letting Tosin go would be a mistake. He can't be worse than Otamendi. We all saw some good performances for him.

That being said, I think we should not allow a piss poor agent play us. Happend the same with Denayer if you recall. Prove something before having the nerve to act like this.

You can only prove something, if you're given the chance
Fidel Castro

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:34 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I think letting Tosin go would be a mistake. He can't be worse than Otamendi. We all saw some good performances for him.

You can only prove something, if you're given the chance

Indeed. We can loan him. He could had been loaned this year and play somewhere regular. Someone might argue the fact he did not leave was because of his contract. A lot of "ifs" involved in this.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:56 pm

Is it time to give one like him or another younger player time in and around the 1st team time to show us what he really has, I look at Denayer and wonder is he any worse than Otter or Mango, who judges them and who is pulling up that decision maker, cos as sure as shit we have bought some lemons for crazy money. He was brilliant at Chelsea last year, better on the ball than any of the current B4.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dub City » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:57 pm

If he isn't going to get a game ahead of a left back who cant defend being played in the centre ahead of him what chance has he got if Kompany gets fit. Havent seen enough of him to say yes or no he is ready or good enough but we will never know when he doesn't get picked. Cant judge him on a game v Celtic where half a side was played. Wouldn't want to throw him in to Spurs march at weekend but why not against Palace in cup, plays well leave him in for next league game and see where it goes. Way the transfer market is 3 decent games and your worth £15m so if he was to leave least we in for more money.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:52 pm

Filthy habit.
You'll go blind.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:56 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Filthy habit.
You'll go blind.

We're over here
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:15 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Filthy habit.
You'll go blind.

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was an invitation for us all to have a mass debate. :oops: :oops: :oops:

(profuse apologies for injecting a note of 'smuttyness' into proceedings :roll: :roll: )
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Return to The Maine Football forum