Guillem Balague on Pep

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Guillem Balague on Pep

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:53 pm

s1ty m wrote:Of course there is agenda against City. It is as plain as day. That some can't see it, well, I don't know what to tell them.

I was merely commenting on racism generally. It's out there and thriving.

It is hard to believe that some can't see it. I'm presuming it's because they don't want to see it - it's the only explanation when it's that obvious. I certainly battled with it in the early days of the takeover because I didn't want to imagine anything other than a level playing field.

But as stupid as I might be, years and years of video evidence since then leaves no other alternative. And of course years and years of media bashing.

As I asked another city fan I stumbled across through work yesterday, tell me the last time city had the match swayed in our favour because of the officials?

He couldn't, but he could tell me the last three or four times it happened for the rags and that's only in the last 5 weeks.

Astounding stuff and disgraceful that it's left to go on.
Original Dub

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:57 pm

Second leg of the everton semi final almost exactly a year ago, OD. Sterling ran the ball out and the officials couldn't see it, mainly because it was very, very hard to see indeed in real time, then we went and scored from the cross.

I think it is only fair to point this out.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:59 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Second leg of the everton semi final almost exactly a year ago, OD. Sterling ran the ball out and the officials couldn't see it, mainly because it was very, very hard to see indeed in real time, then we went and scored from the cross.

Probably evened itself up from the first leg where Navas should have had a pen.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:13 pm

Dimples wrote:its always about the money.
follow the money and you get the answer.
Rags are the cash cow with world wide fan base. So no room for 2 from Manchester.

its not race or colour.
USA elected a black president twice.
its always about the money.

And that same president was replaced by a white one who suggested the previous black one was not born in his own country to gain attention and after winning was wildly hailed by the modern version of the KKK.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:Second leg of the everton semi final almost exactly a year ago, OD. Sterling ran the ball out and the officials couldn't see it, mainly because it was very, very hard to see indeed in real time, then we went and scored from the cross.

True enough, mate.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:

True enough, mate.

Shouldn't Sterling have had one as well when Stones took him out? Then Martinez came out afterwards saying it wasn't a pen. Lost a lot of respect for him after that!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:28 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:

True enough, mate.

Shouldn't Sterling have had one as well when Stones took him out? Then Martinez came out afterwards saying it wasn't a pen. Lost a lot of respect for him after that!

I knew I should have watched this match instead of listening to it on the wireless. ;)
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:34 pm

Haha, yeah probably a bad one to point out Tokyo, given we were robbed several times in the other leg! But it's fair enough to say that that decision was in our favour.

Is it as big as a sending off though? Three offside goals, two rojo tackles (nailed on red cards with 7 game suspensions in total) and the west ham player sent off because Beaker rolled around... all in four matches!!

They are out and out game changers if officiated correctly.
Original Dub

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:36 pm

Mate, you are preaching to the converted here.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Mate, you are preaching to the converted here.

True...

I need to find the ones who can't see it - although they seem to just say it and disappear, rather than debate it.
Which is probably wise :)
Original Dub

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:54 pm

Interestingly the uproar that followed that seemed ridiculously bigger than any of the poor decisions that any other teams have benefitted from since, maybe barring the west ham sending off but even that was quickly swept away.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I'm not too sure Carl.

I reckon it's both tbh.

If you read the bile on social media it's always about the oil and the arabs.
And those commenting are the very masses that sky and co are pandering to.

You're right OD.

Moreover, if you were from another planet and you happened to read the social media comments, you'd come to the conclusion that the 'Arabs' were the only ones who had any oil. There's no mention of Russian oil (and gas for that matter), or the suspected Russian Mafia connections which have fuelled the progress of a certain London Club.

With regard to Carl's comment about the 'agenda' against City, I still find it incredible that, with everything that happens to us, anyone could deny that an actual agenda exists.

The ridicule we received at the hands of the media during the take over, actually both take overs, convinced me that racism played a huge part of the hate.

Also, a little off topic but compare Sterling, Delph and Lescotts treatment against Stones, Milner and Barry. Media set them up as hate figures :shock:
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:35 pm

If we were to vent on the piss takers like we do on our own we could be onto the right path of support. Clearly Pep has an issue with getting players with 4 months left here to give us 100%, Some great players are about to leave, maybe if they show some class this season can be one to remember for the right reasons. Pep is the man we wanted and we have a duty to get on board be loud and proud and fuck the media agenda.

The scum stank the place out on Sunday not a debate on there lump it football. Klopp highlighted it and as for Pogba, wow he is one player I am so glad we missed, what a waste of 250 mill. We are the smaller club they tell us bitter, we certainly hog the headlines for a smaller club when it suits the cunts.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:41 pm

Hazy2 wrote:If we were to vent on the piss takers like we do on our own we could be onto the right path of support. Clearly Pep has an issue with getting players with 4 months left here to give us 100%, Some great players are about to leave, maybe if they show some class this season can be one to remember for the right reasons. Pep is the man we wanted and we have a duty to get on board be loud and proud and fuck the media agenda.

The scum stank the place out on Sunday not a debate on there lump it football. Klopp highlighted it and as for Pogba, wow he is one player I am so glad we missed, what a waste of 250 mill. We are the smaller club they tell us bitter, we certainly hog the headlines for a smaller club when it suits the cunts.

Well said mate.
Original Dub

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:44 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I'm not too sure Carl.

I reckon it's both tbh.

If you read the bile on social media it's always about the oil and the arabs.
And those commenting are the very masses that sky and co are pandering to.

You're right OD.

Moreover, if you were from another planet and you happened to read the social media comments, you'd come to the conclusion that the 'Arabs' were the only ones who had any oil. There's no mention of Russian oil (and gas for that matter), or the suspected Russian Mafia connections which have fuelled the progress of a certain London Club.

With regard to Carl's comment about the 'agenda' against City, I still find it incredible that, with everything that happens to us, anyone could deny that an actual agenda exists.

The ridicule we received at the hands of the media during the take over, actually both take overs, convinced me that racism played a huge part of the hate.

Also, a little off topic but compare Sterling, Delph and Lescotts treatment against Stones, Milner and Barry. Media set them up as hate figures :shock:

That's an excellent point LB.

Sadly, very very true indeed.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby s1ty m » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:02 pm

The Spurs game last season was the point when it really dawned on me. That was an utter disgrace.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:18 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Dimples wrote:its always about the money.
follow the money and you get the answer.
Rags are the cash cow with world wide fan base. So no room for 2 from Manchester.

its not race or colour.
USA elected a black president twice.
its always about the money.

And that same president was replaced by a white one who suggested the previous black one was not born in his own country to gain attention and after winning was wildly hailed by the modern version of the KKK.

Yeah, follow the money to the old, white, Christian men. Such a small percentage of the population, yet they hold all the power. Strange that. Of course racism is alive, otherwise the world wouldn't be so unbalanced and unfair.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:32 pm

Original Dub wrote:
s1ty m wrote:Of course there is agenda against City. It is as plain as day. That some can't see it, well, I don't know what to tell them.

I was merely commenting on racism generally. It's out there and thriving.

It is hard to believe that some can't see it. I'm presuming it's because they don't want to see it - it's the only explanation when it's that obvious. I certainly battled with it in the early days of the takeover because I didn't want to imagine anything other than a level playing field.

But as stupid as I might be, years and years of video evidence since then leaves no other alternative. And of course years and years of media bashing.

As I asked another city fan I stumbled across through work yesterday, tell me the last time city had the match swayed in our favour because of the officials?

He couldn't, but he could tell me the last three or four times it happened for the rags and that's only in the last 5 weeks.

Astounding stuff and disgraceful that it's left to go on.

When you see it written down like that it scandalous. 8 off-side goals in the last 2 months they've had. And in the last game Pogba could grab someone round the neck and throw him on the floor without fear of being penalized for it, not even retrospectively.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:38 pm

I can't see that anyone has mentioned it but it really got bad after we beat the rags 6-1. That title was ours to run away with and up steps Clattencheat in the Chelsea away game to stink the whole fucking place out. That was a performance that smacked of 'let's not let these cunts run away with this' in the same way that the Chelsea home game this season said 'these cunts are giving up their place to the rags in the top 4'. We won two titles because we were too good for the refs to influence our games so that we didn't win them. Funnily enough, I thought the reffing at the start of this season was much better than in recent years, but now it's more blatant than ever.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:13 pm

Yeah peter I mentioned it because another lad posted that there is no agenda and Aguero's goal in the dying minutes proves it!
YCMIU

It really was a fantastic achievement winning those two titles given the wall put up against us, particularly the first one of the two.

As you rightly said, the officials went directly after us after the 1-6 and that was the first time I knew this whole thing was much bigger than a bit of paranoia.

We would have won that title by at least 14 points if it had been a level playing field.

Yet everytime it's mentioned by the media we were lucky and basically didn't deserve it.

Of course , that then becomes the opinion of the common fan you might meet in the pub.

Anyway, that was a few years ago now and they've never let up. In fact, they've upped it if anything.

How many stone wall penalties were waved away last season? Phenomenal. Not 50/50s. Stone wall.
We have also been below par of course at different stages, but that is another issue.

For some reason every time the biased officiating issue is raised (which would be most weeks these days), it is thrown back at us because the team also didn't play well... and thus basically swept to one side.

We should be able to discuss the two issues separately.
Because biased officiating with a propaganda machine behind it is a very, very serious issue.

Especially when everyone know that form is only created by a run of games.

We're not allowed put a run together.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum