In Pep we trust.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

In Pep we trust.

Postby Lee_R » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:44 am

1 step back.. hopefully 2 steps forward.

Come on you lot.. remember when we had to sell SWP to pay the wages?..
Any other team in the world would have Pep as their manager.. so lets stop being spoilt cunts.

Kisses etc.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Re: In Pep we trust.

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:55 am

Trouble is he is constantly being out-thought by supposedly lesser managers with worse players
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:44 am

Only Man City can get a manager of the calibre of Pep and destroy him in 6 months. Typical City alive and well.

On a serious note he needs to stop being arrogant admit his philosophy isn't working and change it and find a method that works with the tools he has. I have never in my 30 years of watching City seen a City team that is so easy to score against. We have zero leaders and zero back bone. No one to put a foot in. We have gone from Mancini tough to beat solid team to one with a very soft underbelly.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Grandad Rosler » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:55 am

john@staustell wrote:Trouble is he is constantly being out-thought by supposedly lesser managers with worse players

Don't know if it's out thought or just that the players are soft as shit like sis has pointed out. We need a leader to put a foot in and do the hard stuff.

To me run at their defence / lob a long ball up doesn't take a tactical genius, nor does stick, 10 behind the ball, it's the players that need to step up to earn their coin.
Last edited by Grandad Rosler on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:55 am

Furthermore he has an array of attacking talent in his squad, expensively assembled too, that often looks a million miles away from scoring.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:38 am

john@staustell wrote:Trouble is he is constantly being out-thought by supposedly lesser managers with worse players

Presumably by out-thought you mean they defend in numbers and wait for our dickhead players to make the inevitable mistakes? Hardly out-thought.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby mr_nool » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:49 am

In the first official interview with Pep on the official site, he said that he hadn't prepared at all before starting his job at City - he wanted to start with a clean slate and without preconceptions.

I thought this sounded both very worrying and arrogant and voiced as much on here. However, the general consensus was that that was just something he said and that he would have been busy with assessing our squad and its strength and weaknesses and identifying possible transfer targets long before landing in Manchester.

But everything I've seen since then seems to point at Pep telling the truth in that interview. In other words, it's no wonder that he's been taken completely by surprise by the demands of the Premier League and by the weakness of our ageing squad.

As said above, I think this is quite arrogant and disrespectful to our club. When he went to Bayern he spent 6 months learning all he could about the club and German football, and even went the extra mile to learn the language. When he went here he was so sure of himself that he didn't do any homework at all?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:40 am

mr_nool wrote:In the first official interview with Pep on the official site, he said that he hadn't prepared at all before starting his job at City - he wanted to start with a clean slate and without preconceptions.

I thought this sounded both very worrying and arrogant and voiced as much on here. However, the general consensus was that that was just something he said and that he would have been busy with assessing our squad and its strength and weaknesses and identifying possible transfer targets long before landing in Manchester.

But everything I've seen since then seems to point at Pep telling the truth in that interview. In other words, it's no wonder that he's been taken completely by surprise by the demands of the Premier League and by the weakness of our ageing squad.

As said above, I think this is quite arrogant and disrespectful to our club. When he went to Bayern he spent 6 months learning all he could about the club and German football, and even went the extra mile to learn the language. When he went here he was so sure of himself that he didn't do any homework at all?

The first thing he did when he got here was to tell Hart to take his dandruff problem elsewhere. Hardly the actions of a man who didn't know anything about the club before he got here. I just think he over-estimated the quality in the squad, which would be a serious mistake given how shite our defence has been for a while now.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby mr_nool » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:54 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
mr_nool wrote:In the first official interview with Pep on the official site, he said that he hadn't prepared at all before starting his job at City - he wanted to start with a clean slate and without preconceptions.

The first thing he did when he got here was to tell Hart to take his dandruff problem elsewhere. Hardly the actions of a man who didn't know anything about the club before he got here. I just think he over-estimated the quality in the squad, which would be a serious mistake given how shite our defence has been for a while now.

Hart was between the stick in most of the pre-season games. I don't think Pep had made up his mind regarding Joe before he came here, although the decision was made very quickly.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:56 am

He's definitely made mistakes, no doubt about it.

I'm not saying getting rid of Hart was a mistake on it's own, but getting rid of him immediately put a huge amount of pressure on the incoming guy and if you couple that with a new system and style of play, as well as a new defender and it all becomes very messy. We're seeing direct results of this right now.

As others have said, the most bemusing part of the last window was not addressing the full back positions and not getting a top striker in. You didn't need to work directly with the squad to know this was needed. I'm disappointed in him for this more so than anything else so far.

The thing is, he has worked directly with the squad now and he knows their shortcomings better than anyone. Some have tried to say he has had two windows to address the problems, but he hasn't in reality.
As I've said in other threads, I have it in my mind that he will be properly judged this time next year (unless there is a monumental collapse), with a full window to address the problems he has seen throughout the season.

If he still doesn't get it by then, he's not the right man for the job.
Original Dub

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:51 pm

Original Dub wrote:He's definitely made mistakes, no doubt about it.

I'm not saying getting rid of Hart was a mistake on it's own, but getting rid of him immediately put a huge amount of pressure on the incoming guy and if you couple that with a new system and style of play, as well as a new defender and it all becomes very messy. We're seeing direct results of this right now.

As others have said, the most bemusing part of the last window was not addressing the full back positions and not getting a top striker in. You didn't need to work directly with the squad to know this was needed. I'm disappointed in him for this more so than anything else so far.

The thing is, he has worked directly with the squad now and he knows their shortcomings better than anyone. Some have tried to say he has had two windows to address the problems, but he hasn't in reality.
As I've said in other threads, I have it in my mind that he will be properly judged this time next year (unless there is a monumental collapse), with a full window to address the problems he has seen throughout the season.

If he still doesn't get it by then, he's not the right man for the job.

Fast becoming the wing it and pray team with Bravo having a breakdown in front of us. I have faith 100% Pep is the man, Time for the fans to back the club no matter what happens we needs players who want it, not out and I include Kun in that who has been shite if we are being fair. No way will Yaya and Zabs cope with Spurs MF we could be on the end of a whooooooooping.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:53 pm

We should have dominated football for the last 5 years laid the foundations for a dynasty.

Only City could win the League, and Cup, sack the best manager they ever had. Bring in 2 Spaniards. Write off success in the present, for a pipe dream of becoming Barcelona 2.0.We ruined last season Title chances, we haven’t got a Dog in hells chance of wining the title this season, and it looks like next season is also going to be “yes you guessed it ” another transition season.

It’s not about being a spoilt cunt. It’s about rightly being pissed off where we are at now, when it should have been so much different .All Mancini wanted to do, was sign decent players, take us to the next level. You look at the hundreds of millions we have spent on shit since he was shown the door. The fucking irony is Hart was first out the Door with Guardiola. Yet those Spanish cunts wouldn't back Mancini. Truth is they wanted Mancini gone. How could they get their Spanish mate through the Door, if Mancini lays the foundations for lasting success at City.

We fucked up big time. We have a DOF who has an uncanny eye for spotting a turd, He has dined on Mancini signings for 3 seasons. Whilst they were pulling him out the shit covering for his incompetence it was not a problem. Now the likes of Yaya,Silva,Zabba,VK are all to old to do it regular. The State of our squad is laid bare for all to see. The scary thing is the clueless cunt of DOF who has fucked us up for 3 seasons will be charged with getting it right even though he has consistently got it wrong.

There are no guarantees of success; we should have taken it when it was attainable

We sacrificed success chasing a pipe dream. Why couldn't we just be City ffs. Mancnii had already given us an identity

Personally I think the whole project is doomed to failure. We cant even get the recruitment right to play the way he wants to start with, that’s without taking in to account it would need a few transfer windows to buy nearly an entire team in the unlikely event he got every signing right. Then you have the compatibility of Pep style in the Premier League

I support City no matter what the future holds, I will get behind Guardiola whilst he is with us. In the short term I am worried about him walking out on us, thinking fuck it this job is too big. His sycophants will say not a chance I hope they are right because his body language is giving off all the wrong signals.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby City64 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:57 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:We should have dominated football for the last 5 years laid the foundations for a dynasty.

Only City could win the League, and Cup, sack the best manager they ever had. Bring in 2 Spaniards. Write off success in the present, for a pipe dream of becoming Barcelona 2.0.We ruined last season Title chances, we haven’t got a Dog in hells chance of wining the title this season, and it looks like next season is also going to be “yes you guessed it ” another transition season.

It’s not about being a spoilt cunt. It’s about rightly being pissed off where we are at now, when it should have been so much different .All Mancini wanted to do, was sign decent players, take us to the next level. You look at the hundreds of millions we have spent on shit since he was shown the door. The fucking irony is Hart was first out the Door with Guardiola. Yet those Spanish cunts wouldn't back Mancini. Truth is they wanted Mancini gone. How could they get their Spanish mate through the Door, if Mancini lays the foundations for lasting success at City.

We fucked up big time. We have a DOF who has an uncanny eye for spotting a turd, He has dined on Mancini signings for 3 seasons. Whilst they were pulling him out the shit covering for his incompetence it was not a problem. Now the likes of Yaya,Silva,Zabba,VK are all to old to do it regular. The State of our squad is laid bare for all to see. The scary thing is the clueless cunt of DOF who has fucked us up for 3 seasons will be charged with getting it right even though he has consistently got it wrong.

There are no guarantees of success; we should have taken it when it was attainable

We sacrificed success chasing a pipe dream. Why couldn't we just be City ffs. Mancnii had already given us an identity

Personally I think the whole project is doomed to failure. We cant even get the recruitment right to play the way he wants to start with, that’s without taking in to account it would need a few transfer windows to buy nearly an entire team in the unlikely event he got every signing right. Then you have the compatibility of Pep style in the Premier League

I support City no matter what the future holds, I will get behind Guardiola whilst he is with us. In the short term I am worried about him walking out on us, thinking fuck it this job is too big. His sycophants will say not a chance I hope they are right because his body language is giving off all the wrong signals.

Fuck Barcelona !

We are a mess it needs sorting on and off the pitch and quickly !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:00 pm

City64 wrote:
zabbadabbado wrote:We should have dominated football for the last 5 years laid the foundations for a dynasty.

Fuck Barcelona !

I agree.give me City of 2012 any day of the week :D
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby City64 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:09 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
City64 wrote:

Fuck Barcelona !

I agree.give me City of 2012 any day of the week :D

Was awesome then and fond fond memories , 2014 possibly better attacking football aswell . Those times have gone today is very worrying and our owners Barcelona blueprint is falling apart alarmlingly . Not too long ago just a few months ago we gave the rags a footballing lesson at the swamp and all was well .........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:01 pm

Rumour on BlueMoon that he will sign a contract extension this summer.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:14 pm

PrezIke wrote:Rumour on BlueMoon that he will sign a contract extension this summer.

of course he will
.....because it will mean a bigger pay off if he gets the boot.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:25 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Rumour on BlueMoon that he will sign a contract extension this summer.

of course he will
.....because it will mean a bigger pay off if he gets the boot.

He could walk into PSG tomorrow and get double what we've paying him. And have an easy time of it.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:05 pm

We still dont have enough leaders. We have Vinnie, and maybe Zabba (who is more of a lead by example guy than an in your face stop fucking around guy) - so some matches we have effectively no leader on the pitch. Look at the 'Invincibles' from yester year and they had leaders all over the place. It makes a huge difference when things go tits-up or the officials start screwing us around yet again.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:10 pm

Dameerto wrote:We still dont have enough leaders. We have Vinnie, and maybe Zabba (who is more of a lead by example guy than an in your face stop fucking around guy) - so some matches we have effectively no leader on the pitch. Look at the 'Invincibles' from yester year and they had leaders all over the place. It makes a huge difference when things go tits-up or the officials start screwing us around yet again.

What pisses me off, for example against Burnley, is that the players went up to Mason at the end and shook hands with him. Yaya at the front of the line. They don't give a singular fuck, just another game. We need players who actually don't want to shake hands with a ref who has just tried to cheat them out of a game. It's not much to ask, even these days.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum