In Pep we trust.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: In Pep we trust.

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:10 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Lee_R wrote:1 step back.. hopefully 2 steps forward.

Come on you lot.. remember when we had to sell SWP to pay the wages?..
Any other team in the world would have Pep as their manager.. so lets stop being spoilt cunts.

Kisses etc.

I'm kind of getting tired of all this "you've been spoiled" stuff. Yeah, I was around when we were shit. No, I haven't forgotten anything. Yes, I praise the mighty Bacchus every single day for bringing us Sheik. Yes, I do know we are living the dream.

BUT I'm tired of using that as an excuse for people WHO CAME AFTER TAKEOVER. There isn't single player, manager, youth team scout, physio, team doctor or executive who would be around if the takeover hadn't happened. You have to go to kitman and probably some low level assistants beforw you could even imagine these people being kind who would be here regardless.

SO, I do have patience and I'm not asking for Pep's head but for me our past isn't an acceptable excuse for failure for people who have NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR PAST. We are so far removed from that past that the resources should be measure for expectations and right now there are people at pitch and executive level (I'm looking at you Txiki) who are failing.

Failing no, allowing Pep to get his seat adjusted for the ride yes.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:35 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

Any other team in the world would have Pep as their manager.. so lets stop being spoilt cunts.

Kisses etc.

I'm kind of getting tired of all this "you've been spoiled" stuff. Yeah, I was around when we were shit. No, I haven't forgotten anything. Yes, I praise the mighty Bacchus every single day for bringing us Sheik. Yes, I do know we are living the dream.

BUT I'm tired of using that as an excuse for people WHO CAME AFTER TAKEOVER. There isn't single player, manager, youth team scout, physio, team doctor or executive who would be around if the takeover hadn't happened. You have to go to kitman and probably some low level assistants beforw you could even imagine these people being kind who would be here regardless.

SO, I do have patience and I'm not asking for Pep's head but for me our past isn't an acceptable excuse for failure for people who have NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR PAST. We are so far removed from that past that the resources should be measure for expectations and right now there are people at pitch and executive level (I'm looking at you Txiki) who are failing.

Apologies Hazy, but I've got to defer to NQDP's terminology with regard to the word "failing", as this is, to my mind, more accurate.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:55 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Kisses etc.

Apologies Hazy, but I've got to defer to NQDP's terminology with regard to the word "failing", as this is, to my mind, more accurate.

A great post I think it is nail on the head from him again.I just see the last season under Pellers as a breaks on season, Cheeky will HAVE TO up his game now he has Golden balls as the coach who will supercharge us to the next level, CL being the goal I have said earlier this season, whoever is proposing the defenders and CMid players getting it through the 3 phases to doing a deal want's shooting 200 mill on duds, when Ashley Williams at 12 mill is the Pep type we were crying out for the last 4 years. I watched him Sunday and he is class.
Leader top defender and no need to settle in. Otter, Mango 100 mill all in for what, bang average players. PEP is the man putting the pressure on the club now.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:35 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

Kisses etc.

Absolutely I'm giving Pep the time he needs. My point was that just ebacuse we were once shite doesn't mean we should accept just about any performance at any level as long as it's better than Alan fucking Ball or Swales.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:55 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

Kisses etc.

Absolutely I'm giving Pep the time he needs. My point was that just ebacuse we were once shite doesn't mean we should accept just about any performance at any level as long as it's better than Alan fucking Ball or Swales.

Yep, message to Cheeky, Sort your shit out !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dimples » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:55 pm

BookJunior wrote:
Dimples wrote:IMO most of Pep's critics on this forum are over the top because:

1. The defence was targeted for improvement but we could not get our targets: Laporte, Bonucci, etc...
2. We did buy a second top class striker - Jesus
3. Pep's midfielders of choice are currently unavailable:
Gundogan injured and F1 suspended (unfairly when compared to Rojo, Fellani, Rooney and Zlatan's actions)
4. The attacking players are Peps choices, Sterling (probably), Brown, Sane, etc... and they are doing well BUT
Kun is not scoring (is he even trying?). To me it looks like Kun will be gone in the Summer.
5. The Sky/FA agenda anti us and pro Rags (get Rags in top 4 at our expense). That is costing us points directly and indirectly.
Penalties not given, F1 unavailable, etc...

We do have glaring weaknesses because of the above issues that they tried to address but could not.
The weaknesses are: 1. GK (A Pep mistake), 2. Defence (2 full backs + center half), 3. Kun. 4. A younger F1
5. No Steel/cojones/balle/polota/palla/bollar/liathróidí/myachi (we really really need this. Dare I say it Joey B or James Milner type of toughness).

IMO what will happen is:

1. All of the above five issues will be addressed this Summer.
2. IMO right now at boardroom level intense 'discussions' are taking place with the Sky/FA to ensure a level playing field.
It is inconceivable to me that our owners will not use their muscle to sort this out - pronto.
I believe they will prevail.

Write of this season. We might scrape top4 and with a kind draw progress in the CL (more suited to our defence).

Give Pep a break. Next season is the year to judge him.

Saw nothing today to change my opinions detailed above.
I think Pep will assembly a great team for next season and have then playing to win.
However, he has no chance until the Club get the corrupt Sky and FA influence sorted.
Think Chelsea game and Spurs today just for starters. No manager can win when it is that bent.
Today was, AGAIN, blatant robbery.

The club have muscle, I really hope they are working on getting this sorted at boardroom level.
In the long term the PL will lose out. Nobody fans outside of their preferred top 4 will bother watching.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:21 pm

I wish he would do some training on finishing. This is a big BIG problem since he's joined.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:05 am

Dimples wrote:
BookJunior wrote:
Dimples wrote:IMO most of Pep's critics on this forum are over the top because:

1. The defence was targeted for improvement but we could not get our targets: Laporte, Bonucci, etc...
2. We did buy a second top class striker - Jesus
3. Pep's midfielders of choice are currently unavailable:
Gundogan injured and F1 suspended (unfairly when compared to Rojo, Fellani, Rooney and Zlatan's actions)
4. The attacking players are Peps choices, Sterling (probably), Brown, Sane, etc... and they are doing well BUT
Kun is not scoring (is he even trying?). To me it looks like Kun will be gone in the Summer.
5. The Sky/FA agenda anti us and pro Rags (get Rags in top 4 at our expense). That is costing us points directly and indirectly.
Penalties not given, F1 unavailable, etc...

We do have glaring weaknesses because of the above issues that they tried to address but could not.
The weaknesses are: 1. GK (A Pep mistake), 2. Defence (2 full backs + center half), 3. Kun. 4. A younger F1
5. No Steel/cojones/balle/polota/palla/bollar/liathróidí/myachi (we really really need this. Dare I say it Joey B or James Milner type of toughness).

IMO what will happen is:

1. All of the above five issues will be addressed this Summer.
2. IMO right now at boardroom level intense 'discussions' are taking place with the Sky/FA to ensure a level playing field.
It is inconceivable to me that our owners will not use their muscle to sort this out - pronto.
I believe they will prevail.

Write of this season. We might scrape top4 and with a kind draw progress in the CL (more suited to our defence).

Give Pep a break. Next season is the year to judge him.

Saw nothing today to change my opinions detailed above.
I think Pep will assembly a great team for next season and have then playing to win.
However, he has no chance until the Club get the corrupt Sky and FA influence sorted.
Think Chelsea game and Spurs today just for starters. No manager can win when it is that bent.
Today was, AGAIN, blatant robbery.

The club have muscle, I really hope they are working on getting this sorted at boardroom level.
In the long term the PL will lose out. Nobody fans outside of their preferred top 4 will bother watching.

In Pep we trust, Dimples. InPep we trust.
I think he knows now exactly what he's dealing with, as do the board.

I'm sure he'll still do some shit that none of us agree with between now and the end of the season, but I've no doubt this will be sorted.

All this talk of him walking away before he's made a success of his time here. I don't buy it for a second. This will be sorted.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:04 pm

We played really well yesterday , high tempo and quick on the break . We have some outstanding young attacking talent in Sane and Jesus and Sterling and KDB is world class when right on it . Pep also has Yaya and Silva playing at there best again , no mean feat for sure .We have made Arsenal the Rags and Spurs look average and convincingly hammered Barcelona all this with a terrible defence and keeper although Willy played well v Barca . When pep finally sorts the defence out and brings in a top quality keeper we will be fine I am sure , Some managers start rebuilding with the defence back to front seems pep is doing it the other way front to back ?? We were very good yesterday v Spurs apart from the same old defensive issues and bad luck again ........ oh for a fully fit Vinny at his best and leading the team a top class left back and top class keeper we will be awesome fucking awesome !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby mr_nool » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:08 pm

City64 wrote:We played really well yesterday , high tempo and quick on the break . We have some outstanding young attacking talent in Sane and Jesus and Sterling and KDB is world class when right on it . Pep also has Yaya and Silva playing at there best again , no mean feat for sure .We have made Arsenal the Rags and Spurs look average and convincingly hammered Barcelona all this with a terrible defence and keeper although Willy played well v Barca . When pep finally sorts the defence out and brings in a top quality keeper we will be fine I am sure , Some managers start rebuilding with the defence back to front seems pep is doing it the other way front to back ?? We were very good yesterday v Spurs apart from the same old defensive issues and bad luck again ........ oh for a fully fit Vinny at his best and leading the team a top class left back and top class keeper we will be awesome fucking awesome !!!

Good post mate! I secretly believe that we will win the CL this season.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Dimples » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:40 pm

mr_nool wrote:
City64 wrote:We played really well yesterday , high tempo and quick on the break . We have some outstanding young attacking talent in Sane and Jesus and Sterling and KDB is world class when right on it . Pep also has Yaya and Silva playing at there best again , no mean feat for sure .We have made Arsenal the Rags and Spurs look average and convincingly hammered Barcelona all this with a terrible defence and keeper although Willy played well v Barca . When pep finally sorts the defence out and brings in a top quality keeper we will be fine I am sure , Some managers start rebuilding with the defence back to front seems pep is doing it the other way front to back ?? We were very good yesterday v Spurs apart from the same old defensive issues and bad luck again ........ oh for a fully fit Vinny at his best and leading the team a top class left back and top class keeper we will be awesome fucking awesome !!!

Good post mate! I secretly believe that we will win the CL this season.

Good points but what about the elephant in the room?
As long as the elephant is in the room we will win nothing.
If anybody doubts that the elephant is there, well just look at the evidence from this weekend alone:
4 yellows for Stoke, 0 yellows for Rags, +5 mins 'injury' time conjured from where?
Hull stonewall penalty not given.
Us stonewall penalty not given.
Arsenal 2nd goal a joke...............................
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:17 pm

Shut up Dimples you are a fuckin idiot bringing football fans into disrepute and should be sued by one of the refs for obnoxious statements. On the other question,course Pep will sort it. We are going to be brilliant.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:42 am

Reading this morning that Pep is considering extending his City contract. Great news if true

Wondering whether the bias against us on and off the field has triggered some sort of siege mentality in him. He seems a very driven fella and one who strives for success and perfection. I think he is truly shocked at what he has seen, read and heard this year and I wonder whether that will spur him on to stay longer than first planned
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:09 am

nottsblue wrote:Reading this morning that Pep is considering extending his City contract. Great news if true

Wondering whether the bias against us on and off the field has triggered some sort of siege mentality in him. He seems a very driven fella and one who strives for success and perfection. I think he is truly shocked at what he has seen, read and heard this year and I wonder whether that will spur him on to stay longer than first planned

I would love this.
As long as he drops Bravo.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:15 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Reading this morning that Pep is considering extending his City contract. Great news if true

I would love this.

I think when he's had a chance to digest it all, he'll use it to our advantage. At a guess.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:03 am

Moonchesteri wrote:

I would love this.

Wouldn't be surprised if that was a clause in his contract.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Wooders » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:01 pm

i think he realises it will take more than 3 years to turn the ship around
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:11 pm

Wooders wrote:i think he realises it will take more than 3 years to turn the ship around

Absolutely. If we're looking at becoming THE team to beat in England and a force in the Chumps League we're looking at up to 5 years in my opinion.

That shouldn't be the case because of how much we've spent etc over the last few years but our recruitment has been poor and we've got a new manager with a completely different philosophy to the two previous managers.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby dazby » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:30 pm

"Recruitment has been poor."

That just isn't true.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:34 pm

dazby wrote:"Recruitment has been poor."

That just isn't true.

yes it is
the squad is unbalanced
as much who we've bought as who we haven't bought
ARMCHAIR FAN