Pretty football

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pretty football

Postby Bear60 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:49 pm

Its great to watch when it works but I am afraid it doesn't work here Pep
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Pretty football

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:55 pm

Sadly, those games are now few and far between. And away from home at decent opposition they are like rocking horse shit
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby phips » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:02 pm

an interview with him just aired on NBC and in it he said something along the lines of only caring about the style and how it looks and not wins and losses.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:03 pm

pretty BORING football
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:31 pm

Pass,pass,pass,pass to the side pass, to the back pass, passing for passing sake. On the whole I think it is fucking boring. You could see Everton just waiting for the inevitable sloppy Ball, then brake out at speed, it is the blue print to beat us, Everton did it, Leicester did it, and Spurs will do it. We are so predictable it is fucking unreal, every game.

Guardiloa sides have never been great at defending, his sides concede Goals.His philosophy is to out score the opposition. What is supposed to happen, they score 3,we score 4 etc.

Fast paced incisive football, good on the Eye, a bit like Barcelona.

The only way to describe us at the moment is as “Frankenstienalona”. Slow, boring aimless football with no end product. Content to just stroll around the pitch retaining possession, always taking the easy passing option. It fucking wank to watch. this with so much attacking talent on the pitch.

Bravo will be remembered like the signing of Rodney Marsh.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:41 pm

Let's cut this shit now. Every single one of us know that we don't have the players to suit Peps style. We all know, even though we have great love for them, that the likes of Zab, Sagna, Clichy, Kolarov etc are way past their sell by date. That's not Peps fault, that's the DoFs fault, allowing it to happen. Manuel ahead the same problem, so did Mancini. As a managers if you don't get the players you want, or anywhere near, how the hell do you get them playing your game?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:44 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Let's cut this shit now. Every single one of us know that we don't have the players to suit Peps style. We all know, even though we have great love for them, that the likes of Zab, Sagna, Clichy, Kolarov etc are way past their sell by date. That's not Peps fault, that's the DoFs fault, allowing it to happen. Manuel ahead the same problem, so did Mancini. As a managers if you don't get the players you want, or anywhere near, how the hell do you get them playing your game?

+10

Changing his system now so drastically as some want, how will that help the younger players who he wants to ingrain "the system" into?

This is the huge dilemma.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:46 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Let's cut this shit now. Every single one of us know that we don't have the players to suit Peps style. We all know, even though we have great love for them, that the likes of Zab, Sagna, Clichy, Kolarov etc are way past their sell by date. That's not Peps fault, that's the DoFs fault, allowing it to happen. Manuel ahead the same problem, so did Mancini. As a managers if you don't get the players you want, or anywhere near, how the hell do you get them playing your game?

THEN DON'T TRY FUCKIGN PLAYING THAT STYLE AND PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTH!!!!!!! FOR FUCKS SAKE !!!!!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:48 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

THEN DON'T TRY FUCKIGN PLAYING THAT STYLE AND PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTH!!!!!!! FOR FUCKS SAKE !!!!!!!

So then the teaching/practising of the system to other (younger) players is then delayed by a year.

What would our strengths be that he's not utilising? We are short in front and slow and unpredictable at the back.

Hoofing the ball up the pitch won't do us any good.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:56 pm

PrezIke wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

So then the teaching/practising of the system to other (younger) players is then delayed by a year.

What would our strengths be that he's not utilising? We are short in front and slow and unpredictable at the back.

Hoofing the ball up the pitch won't do us any good.

Since when have we ever hoofed the ball upfield ? answer is never.

Pep wants his system to work but he doesn't have the players to do it , so he should play the way we have always played with these players as they are good enough to play the system we have always played to get into the top 4 , he could still instill his methods little by little as he he gets people on board.

H instead decided to instill it regardless of key personnel coming on board.

At this rate , we will NOT GET INTO THE TOP FUCKIGN 4.

Hes fucked up MASSIVELY bringing that TIT of a keeper with him - its criminal that he keeps on playing him game after game.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:59 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I agree Carl but he has just proved the willingness to change by going back to what we had done so well. That doesn't help against sides that basically out run you.

We have a problem, and that's that we don't have the pace to match.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Here is my problem.

I totally get it, that this is not Guardiola side, that this is a transition season, as next season might well be. My problem is, we have ended up with revolution instead of evoloution. It was a terrible mistake replacing Hart with that Clown Bravo. It simple extenuated our defensive frailties..Same with playing Guardiola system with a team full of 30 + year olds blowing out of their arses to get back.

I expected him and his reputation to be getting more out of what he has now. Not many City fans expected us to win the league this year. But none of us expected Top 4 to be in serious jeopardy, and to be getting twatted every other week, because our World Class manager seems incapable of organising our defence properly, or employing a more realistic system for a side full of aging players over 30.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:10 pm

Peps tactical knowledge seems really really questionable. We go from bad to worse and have no other plan than to slowly pass the ball around with no purpose. It's not pretty. Couldn't give a fuck if he walked at this point.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:16 pm

Zabs in MF tells you all you need to know about what Pep thinks of the squad 2017, he will rip it up. Soon as he can, we are not winning the league so rebuilding is happening, if he wants T4 we need to get the cheque book out.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Fuck the tactical stuff, his keeper is shot. Whatever happens you need to ensure the keeper is good otherwise the rest of the defence just don't trust it.

He starts from the back, and as a manager, that's not what he's sorted.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:19 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Zabs in MF tells you all you need to know about what Pep thinks of the squad 2017, he will rip it up. Soon as he can, we are not winning the league so rebuilding is happening, if he wants T4 we need to get the cheque book out.

If it's that bad grow some and play some kids. It's not THAT bad, unlike his fucking goalie and tactics.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:19 pm

Isn't pretty football but poor end product the charge levied at Arsenal and Wenger?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:01 pm

Best managers get more than the sum of the parts from their teams. Best coaches improve players. Pep is failing both those tests at the moment. Current players aren't good enough either, which Txiki needs to take the blame for.

Keeper is a disaster, defenders know any mistake will result in a goal. Defence is all over the place, with no protection from a geriatric midfield. Main striker looks pissed off, Iheanacho looks like he's been swapped for his brother over summer.

Fuck the title, I'd take 4th right now
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:06 pm

nottsblue wrote:Isn't pretty football but poor end product the charge levied at Arsenal and Wenger?

Was thinking this myself but then realised how good Pep really is. We were dodshit, yes, but with better finishing, and true decisions from the ref, the game changes.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:24 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Fuck the tactical stuff, his keeper is shot. Whatever happens you need to ensure the keeper is good otherwise the rest of the defence just don't trust it.

He starts from the back, and as a manager, that's not what he's sorted

100%

Fuck it, 1000%

One very simple change he could make would be to drop Bravo.

Another would be to play at least Garcia, if not also the two fullbacks - oh shit, he sent them out on loan didn't he. As I wrote before, if I was [Garcia] I'd be speaking with Guardiola and then my agent about a move out as the team is playing shit and the manager would rather play Zaba in midfield, ffs. Unbefuckinglievable.

But the bottom line is that City are no longer a local Manchester club. They are a business, staffed by journeymen in management and on the field who, with the exception of those who have been at the club from the early takeover days, frankly don't give a shit about anything except the money. I wonder what Kiddo's input is wrt tactics and team selection. Very little I'd guess as Guardiola seems as clueless now as he did when he first arrived the arrogant prick.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum