Adios, Spafia

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Adios, Spafia

Postby Slim » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:23 am

zuricity wrote:Dream on.

They wouldn't be here if they had to do it all themselves with their money.

That's immaterial, we're talking about the jobs they have done since they have come here. If we weren't, it'd be a short uninteresting conversation wouldn't it?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Cocacolajojo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:28 pm

zuricity wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:
zuricity wrote:why do people go on about Soriano doing a great job ?

The reason he appears to have success is because of the incredible wealth of our owner and all the connections and resources that brings with it, simple as that. He wouldn't be here at all with out it.

The Spafia tab is a good one to give , because they are all doing a good job of looking after Spanish and Catalonian interests.

we screwed up badly taking them on board.

I didn't say he did a great job, but...

Largest commercial growth in the last two seasons of any club in the world.

Pmsl.

Zuri he has done a phenomenal job.

Going by your logic, no one in his type of position deserves credit because they aren't the owner.

I suggest you do a bit of research and watch some videos on his vision for brand building. It's pretty spectacular.

So even though it might not suit, as it breaks up this silly label, soriano and txiki are not one and the same.

Dream on.

Yeah but that's how it always works. Some people are suited to build from nothing, some are more suited to take over a prospering business and make it more profitable.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:05 pm

zuricity wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:

The reason he appears to have success is because of the incredible wealth of our owner and all the connections and resources that brings with it, simple as that. He wouldn't be here at all with out it.

The Spafia tab is a good one to give , because they are all doing a good job of looking after Spanish and Catalonian interests.

Pmsl.

Going by your logic, no one in his type of position deserves credit because they aren't the owner.

I suggest you do a bit of research and watch some videos on his vision for brand building. It's pretty spectacular.

So even though it might not suit, as it breaks up this silly label, soriano and txiki are not one and the same.

Dream on.

Wow.
Original Dub

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:31 am

Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:

Pmsl.

I'm with Zuri on this, still haven't had my Spanair tickets refunded ;(
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:49 am

So on the off chance Jesus turns out to be the next Messi, would Txiki be fully vindicated?
Original Dub

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:12 pm

Original Dub wrote:So on the off chance Jesus turns out to be the next Messi, would Txiki be fully vindicated?
Law of averages I suppose - how many chances does he get before he's better than a wet thumb in a waft?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Did this shit happend with Cook?

Fucked up by our arse every week?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby littlebig » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:41 am

imho Soriano has done an excellent job. Just because he has resources behind him doesn't mean that he deserves no credit, that's like saying Mancini deserves no credit for winning the league because he had a great squad. Riciculous. He still had to go out there an do the job.

Txiki has done a very poor job. Most signings are average, some are poor. He should be booted as quickly as possible, incompetence should not be accepted, even if it upsets some in the cosy setup (ex-Barca) we have at the moment.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby PrezIke » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:48 pm

Soriano has been fantastic for the club's growth. Not sure how one can say anything otherwise.

Txiki has been more of a mixed bag, but some expensive failures have hurt us.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby sheblue » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:38 pm

We shouldn't really forget that our competitors, the other top clubs also bought plenty of shite players in their time over the years, just think about some of the shite the rags, arse and dippers have bought.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby dazby » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:41 am

You can't buy hits every time. Busts will happen. If I was nerdy enough I'd go back to the Welcome Bravo thread and see if anyone predicted that he would be as bad as he's been.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:16 am

dazby wrote:You can't buy hits every time. Busts will happen. If I was nerdy enough I'd go back to the Welcome Bravo thread and see if anyone predicted that he would be as bad as he's been.

It's about body of work. This isn't about Bravo or Bony or any individual terrible player purchase. That shit happens. However Txiki has wasted mountain of money on players of of mostly poor to average level. It's NOT just that though. He took very balanced squad with world class performers all over the pitch that basically only needed little spicing for that CL push owners want and turned that into team we have right now with holes all over. Yet it's not even just that. He clearly doesn't realise that our defence is in awfull state and has done nothing to help the situation. He is stuck in formula that worked in Barcelona where he had Xavi, Iniesta and Messi fall to his lap.

Txiki has failed at his job and he has been given enough time. If he had any sense he'd resign.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:53 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
dazby wrote:You can't buy hits every time. Busts will happen. If I was nerdy enough I'd go back to the Welcome Bravo thread and see if anyone predicted that he would be as bad as he's been.

It's about body of work. This isn't about Bravo or Bony or any individual terrible player purchase. That shit happens. However Txiki has wasted mountain of money on players of of mostly poor to average level. It's NOT just that though. He took very balanced squad with world class performers all over the pitch that basically only needed little spicing for that CL push owners want and turned that into team we have right now with holes all over. Yet it's not even just that. He clearly doesn't realise that our defence is in awfull state and has done nothing to help the situation. He is stuck in formula that worked in Barcelona where he had Xavi, Iniesta and Messi fall to his lap.

Txiki has failed at his job and he has been given enough time. If he had any sense he'd resign.

He got Pep, which could be the best signing ever, Just sayin....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby dazby » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:41 am

Hazy2 wrote:

I just don't agree with you Mr Pants. I think FFP seriously hampered us getting the wage bill down. There has been a lot of comments about this not being Peps team. At the end of this season a lot of guys will be off contract. Next season will definitely be Peps team.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:15 am

dazby wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I just don't agree with you Mr Pants. I think FFP seriously hampered us getting the wage bill down. There has been a lot of comments about this not being Peps team. At the end of this season a lot of guys will be off contract. Next season will definitely be Peps team.

Apologies for me being a bit obtuse Dazzer, but what's your thinking behind FFP hampering us in our attempts to get the wage bill down ??

Genuine question.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby dazby » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:31 am

Oops, I misphrased. I think FFP seriously hampered us forcing us to get the wage bill down.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:24 pm

dazby wrote:Oops, I misphrased. I think FFP seriously hampered us forcing us to get the wage bill down.

Thanks for the clarification chum.

Appreciated.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:28 pm

in very simplistic terms:
is the squad better / more (as?) balanced now than when he joined?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:35 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:in very simplistic terms:

Nothing wrong with simplicity, in the right place NT.

Simple answer; NO.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:46 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:in very simplistic terms:

Nothing wrong with simplicity, in the right place NT.

Simple answer; NO.

why ignore the context though, why ignore the fact that he's working in an environment where we had to change from an unsustainable model to a model of sustainability. I'm not trying to make excuses but you can't ignore the context.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum