Adios, Spafia

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Adios, Spafia

Postby BookJunior » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:55 pm

I agree with the general tone of this thread.

A detached look at our squad at this point in time compared to 2014 leads to one conclusion. Txiki has to go. I think Pepe made a huge mistake getting rid of Joe Hart, but he has to be given at least another season and if necessary a budget to go and buy whatever players he identifies.

If we take another hit from UEFA, then so be it. One final point needs making. The corrupt non champions league is a lower priority than the premiership.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:30 pm

BookJunior wrote:I agree with the general tone of this thread.

A detached look at our squad at this point in time compared to 2014 leads to one conclusion. Txiki has to go. I think Pepe made a huge mistake getting rid of Joe Hart, but he has to be given at least another season and if necessary a budget to go and buy whatever players he identifies.

If we take another hit from UEFA, then so be it. One final point needs making. The corrupt non champions league is a lower priority than the premiership.

He did spend, or waste, over £100m in the summer. The problem seems to be the Spafia are choosing the players.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby BookJunior » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:03 am

South Stand Balti wrote:

He did spend, or waste, over £100m in the summer. The problem seems to be the Spafia are choosing the players.

I'm well aware of that but this constant churn of managers has to stop and more investment is needed to replace long term injured and ageing players. My critique is aimed at Txiki who has been in position far longer.
BookJunior

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:50 am

BookJunior wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

I'm well aware of that but this constant churn of managers has to stop and more investment is needed to replace long term injured and ageing players. My critique is aimed at Txiki who has been in position far longer.

In the bleak midwinter....
Our amigos are in hibernation it seems
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:32 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
BookJunior wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Nicely put JC. :D
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:51 pm

PeterParker wrote:I will turn this around because we are still going about our players and the recruitment. I agree that those are huge in our situation + the fact that Guardiola is a stubbern arse who does not accept to change when that is really needed now.

The board looks like they are doing fuckall towards what is happening with the refs and the FA. Today, Clattenburg fucked us once again, game changing decision.

We have no protection, none. This is something that happens week in and out now.

We need to buy ourselves some neutrality - buy PIGMOL off so we can have a level playing field. Pay the corrupt fuckers thirty pieces of silver to do what they should be doing anyway.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby BookJunior » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:21 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
BookJunior wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Hibernation is the right word. I think think Pepe is only just beginning to understand the scale of the challenge he faces. Apart from the player workload there are no easy games to be had anywhere and year after year the cards are stacked against us by UEFA and the FA.

I hope the owner, chairman and CEO have the stomach for a fight.
BookJunior

Postby Slim » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:26 am

South Stand Balti wrote:

I forgot you were at the meeting where Pep didn't want Bravo, Stones, Sane, Gundogen and Jesus but got lumbered with them anyhow.

Damn you Spafia!!

People's fucking assumptions about what the spafia do is just insane and moronic.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:25 am

Slim wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

I forgot you were at the meeting where Pep didn't want Bravo, Stones, Sane, Gundogen and Jesus but got lumbered with them anyhow.

Damn you Spafia!!

People's fucking assumptions about what the spafia do is just insane and moronic.

In all fairness Slim, how do you know that people's assumptions as to what the "Spafia" do are insane and moronic ??

None of us knows what really goes on inside Etihad Central, but the only common thread running through some indifferent purchases, with regard to our last three managers, is Mr Txixi B (on the face of it, it doesn't look as though Soriano plays a part in transfers, but we have no idea really).

On that basis, you can't criticise fans for assuming that he has had some significant part to play in these transactions and, since they have been less than satisfactory in a number of cases during his tenure, it's not unreasonable to assign some of the 'blame' upon his shoulders.

We could be in a process of being completely unfair to the guy, but all we have to go on is the 'evidence' before our eyes and until we know otherwise, people's assumptions can't really be dismissed as simply "insane and moronic" and they have the perfect right to draw their own conclusions. :roll:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Wooders » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:43 am

we get linked with the right players every summer (kroos, aubenmyang, stegen, laporte) - but we cant seem to land our priority targets and end up with plan b and even c (or Z in bravos case) - summer after summer - tricky has to answer for these failures
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:12 am

Wooders wrote:we get linked with the right players every summer (kroos, aubenmyang, stegen, laporte) - but we cant seem to land our priority targets and end up with plan b and even c (or Z in bravos case) - summer after summer - tricky has to answer for these failures

In some ways, if we can't land our priority targets, rather than buy any second or third raters, I'd rather we bought no-one and, instead, took a chance on some of our youngsters.

At the very least and if nothing else, we wouldn't be throwing good money away.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:15 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Wooders wrote:we get linked with the right players every summer (kroos, aubenmyang, stegen, laporte) - but we cant seem to land our priority targets and end up with plan b and even c (or Z in bravos case) - summer after summer - tricky has to answer for these failures

In some ways, if we can't land our priority targets, rather than buy any second or third raters, I'd rather we bought no-one and, instead, took a chance on some of our youngsters.

At the very least and if nothing else, we wouldn't be throwing good money away.

Agree with this - in the summer we will save millions a year on out of contract players being shipped out s we might as well play some youth.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:21 am

I'm presuming the problem we have lies with txiki and his staff?

This stupid "Spafia" label was all well and good when they came in together, bu the fact is that one of them is doing an amazing job and the other isn't.

So perhaps time to stop lumping them both together?
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:34 am

Original Dub wrote:I'm presuming the problem we have lies with txiki and his staff?

This stupid "Spafia" label was all well and good when they came in together, bu the fact is that one of them is doing an amazing job and the other isn't.

So perhaps time to stop lumping them both together?

Spot on
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby freshie » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:17 am

Do some of you really think Pep had no input into our summer transfers? I thought one of the main reasons he came here was so that he would have total control of the club
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:19 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Slim wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Damn you Spafia!!

In all fairness Slim, how do you know that people's assumptions as to what the "Spafia" do are insane and moronic ??

None of us knows what really goes on inside Etihad Central, but the only common thread running through some indifferent purchases, with regard to our last three managers, is Mr Txixi B (on the face of it, it doesn't look as though Soriano plays a part in transfers, but we have no idea really).

On that basis, you can't criticise fans for assuming that he has had some significant part to play in these transactions and, since they have been less than satisfactory in a number of cases during his tenure, it's not unreasonable to assign some of the 'blame' upon his shoulders.

We could be in a process of being completely unfair to the guy, but all we have to go on is the 'evidence' before our eyes and until we know otherwise, people's assumptions can't really be dismissed as simply "insane and moronic" and they have the perfect right to draw their own conclusions. :roll:

The act of making assumptions is moronic.

Right or wrong, they don't know as you said. We all know the media have us linked to 100's of players every damn window and rarely these come to pass if there was any interest in the first place. We don't know these weren't Pep's choices. We can assume we were after Laporte and Ter Stegen but in the end, so we really know Stones and urgh...Bravo weren't Pep's first choices.

If we want to play the blame game and after the game on Sunday I was so fucking angry so I all for it, we need to stop thinking Pep isn't to blame, he put the team out, it's his job to get the team motivated, get the result and this team underperformed so massively. He doesn't have the players in order to play "Pep style"? Then use the players you have until you have the team. He is putting the cart before the horse and seems to be made of teflon when he fails.

You are right about Soriano though, he is the CEO and it's unlikely he is directly involved in transfers and that would fall at the feet of the Director of Football, the manager and agents. Wait, can we blame Seluk for the loss? I'm all for that.

Biggest problem we have at the moment is fullbacks, we didn't sign a single one when we were stocking up on midfielders, is that Txiki's fault or did Pep inform him we didn't need fullbacks as we were going to play 3-5-2 and he was employing wingers as wingbacks rather than the other way around? If only there was some clue...like maybe if our two most talented young fullbacks were sent out on loan when it's obvious we needed options here. Are we saying that wasn't Pep's call as well?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:19 am

why do people go on about Soriano doing a great job ?

The reason he appears to have success is because of the incredible wealth of our owner and all the connections and resources that brings with it, simple as that. He wouldn't be here at all with out it.

The Spafia tab is a good one to give , because they are all doing a good job of looking after Spanish and Catalonian interests.

we screwed up badly taking them on board.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Slim » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:23 am

zuricity wrote:why do people go on about Soriano doing a great job ?

The reason he appears to have success is because of the incredible wealth of our owner and all the connections and resources that brings with it, simple as that. He wouldn't be here at all with out it.

The Spafia tab is a good one to give , because they are all doing a good job of looking after Spanish and Catalonian interests.

I didn't say he did a great job, but...

Largest commercial growth in the last two seasons of any club in the world.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:58 am

Slim wrote:

Pmsl.

Zuri he has done a phenomenal job.

Going by your logic, no one in his type of position deserves credit because they aren't the owner.

I suggest you do a bit of research and watch some videos on his vision for brand building. It's pretty spectacular.

So even though it might not suit, as it breaks up this silly label, soriano and txiki are not one and the same.
Original Dub

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:19 am

Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:

Pmsl.

Zuri he has done a phenomenal job.

Going by your logic, no one in his type of position deserves credit because they aren't the owner.

I suggest you do a bit of research and watch some videos on his vision for brand building. It's pretty spectacular.

So even though it might not suit, as it breaks up this silly label, soriano and txiki are not one and the same.

Dream on.

They wouldn't be here if they had to do it all themselves with their money.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum