Adios, Spafia

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Adios, Spafia

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:04 pm

Slim wrote:If you saw today's teams on paper before the match, who would you have tipped?

We have a manager who cannot get the best out of this team, this very expensive team, then there really is only one person to blame.

Every time we loseI hear people calling for the heads of the spafia and everyone seems to avoid blaming Pep, well fuck Pep. Fuck 20 passes to make it to halfway, fuck signing Bravo who is obviously a mistake and then continuing to play him when the entire fucking world can see he's a liability, fuck playing centrehalves on the shoulder of faster, stronger centreforwards and offering almost the full half of our pitch in behind. Fuck playing 1 striker, two number 10's and trying to reinvent defenders as midfielders, fullbacks as centrehalves and every other fucking square peg he's trying this season.

Even when we fucking win I despise this brand of football, you don't need to have the ball for 65% of a game in order to be effective, but you DO have to have the ability to defend for the 35% you don't. Don't want to have your players practice tackling? Then you shouldn't be a fucking manager at all. Can't motivate your players to run through a fucking wall for you? Then you shouldn't be a fucking manager.

I have had it with this cunt and his belief that he knows fucking better than everyone else on god's green, he is blinded by his own ego and cannot see the shortcomings in this side and continues to play our team into the strengths of our opponents. Any cunt who has even heard of Leicester could have told you how to beat them, they have turned to absolute shit because they've been figured out...by everyone but Pep.

Yep. I'll go along with just about all of that.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Slim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:
sheblue wrote:The recruitment IS the problem.

Yes, certainly one person we recruited should be blamed.

Khaldoon, txiki or pep?

If you saw today's teams on paper before the match, who would you have tipped?

We have a manager who cannot get the best out of this team, this very expensive team, then there really is only one person to blame.

Every time we loseI hear people calling for the heads of the spafia and everyone seems to avoid blaming Pep, well fuck Pep. Fuck 20 passes to make it to halfway, fuck signing Bravo who is obviously a mistake and then continuing to play him when the entire fucking world can see he's a liability, fuck playing centrehalves on the shoulder of faster, stronger centreforwards and offering almost the full half of our pitch in behind. Fuck playing 1 striker, two number 10's and trying to reinvent defenders as midfielders, fullbacks as centrehalves and every other fucking square peg he's trying this season.

Even when we fucking win I despise this brand of football, you don't need to have the ball for 65% of a game in order to be effective, but you DO have to have the ability to defend for the 35% you don't. Don't want to have your players practice tackling? Then you shouldn't be a fucking manager at all. Can't motivate your players to run through a fucking wall for you? Then you shouldn't be a fucking manager.

I have had it with this cunt and his belief that he knows fucking better than everyone else on god's green, he is blinded by his own ego and cannot see the shortcomings in this side and continues to play our team into the strengths of our opponents. Any cunt who has even heard of Leicester could have told you how to beat them, they have turned to absolute shit because they've been figured out...by everyone but Pep.

+1
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Hazy2 wrote:No Berigistan no Pep.

Not really, but we could get rid of the latter!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dub City » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:06 pm

Every person on this board has been able to see we needed a new left back for at least 2 seasons and none recruited. The defensive recruitments have been shambolic since they came in when area most in need of work, spent millions on centre halves and when kompany ain't fit we are a shambles at the back.

If we don't sign a keeper, left back and centre half this window I don't see us getting top 4
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:06 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:No Berigistan no Pep.

Not really, but we could get rid of the latter!

No chance mate, he goes Pep gone, never gonna happen as they are stuck with so much dead wood.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:10 pm

I will turn this around because we are still going about our players and the recruitment. I agree that those are huge in our situation + the fact that Guardiola is a stubbern arse who does not accept to change when that is really needed now.

The board looks like they are doing fuckall towards what is happening with the refs and the FA. Today, Clattenburg fucked us once again, game changing decision.

We have no protection, none. This is something that happens week in and out now.
Last edited by PeterParker on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:10 pm

Slim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:
sheblue wrote:The recruitment IS the problem.

Yes, certainly one person we recruited should be blamed.

Khaldoon, txiki or pep?

If you saw today's teams on paper before the match, who would you have tipped?

Honestly would not have had us at clear favourites.

Our squad is not as strong as everyone seems to think. Bravo, Sagna, Clichy, Otamendi, Fernando, Navas, Zabaleta and Nolito are no where near good enough and would not get near any other top 6 squad.

Sterling, Stones, Sane and Iheanacho get a by as they are young but they need to start stepping up to the mark. If an experienced player put in some of the performances they have this season, they would also be on the list of players deemed not good enough.

The above is 12 players who, imo are not good enough (either ever or at the moment) for a top 6 squad this season.

What i think Pep needs to do seek and listen to advice on how to set up a defensive system in the PL and see how he can then base his team of this
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:12 pm

The cunt in charge of transfers really does need sacking as a matter of urgency.

Over 3 seasons, he, and he alone has taken our Club back at a phenomenal rate. Failing to address glaring inadequacies in the side. Not only do we still have those glaring inadequacies, we now have a shit load of 30 something’s that need replacing. We look dire from a squad perspective.

Even more perplexing, is he new Pep was coming 3 seasons ago. Yet signed a dozen + dross players without even basic football ability essential for a possession based passing side.

Fuck knows what Pep thinks. Saying that though, why does Pep extenuate how shit we are with his team selections. Why farm out our promising youngsters, for wasters, that will only ensure mediocrity . It really grates on me. Okay we might win fuck all this season as a result, but why persist with something that is obviously broken.I hope it wasn’t as a favour, rather than in City interests. Now we have an injured Right Back, sort of proves the point.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:19 pm

PeterParker wrote:I will turn this around because we are still going about our players and the recruitment. I agree that those are huge in our situation + the fact that Guardiola is a stubbern arse who does not accept to change when that is really needed now.

The board looks like they are doing fuckall towards what is happening with the refs and the FA. Today, Clattenburg fucked us once again, game changing decision.

We have no protection, none. This is something that happens week in and out now.

The ref fucked us today?

Would you cop on. We were beaten by a better team who wanted it more. Blaming the ref today is complete bullshit and pathetic. Take the blue tinted specs off, we have some serious problems with the refereeing a very minor one
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby phips » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:20 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:Our squad is not as strong as everyone seems to think. Bravo, Sagna, Clichy, Otamendi, Fernando, Navas, Zabaleta and Nolito are no where near good enough and would not get near any other top 6 squad.

Sterling, Stones, Sane and Iheanacho get a by as they are young but they need to start stepping up to the mark. If an experienced player put in some of the performances they have this season, they would also be on the list of players deemed not good enough.

+1
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:21 pm

If you didn't know better you'd think that Txiki was a cuckoo in the nest. He's taken a sublime defence to the opposite ends of the scale.

It's pitiful, and do are we.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:22 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I will turn this around because we are still going about our players and the recruitment. I agree that those are huge in our situation + the fact that Guardiola is a stubbern arse who does not accept to change when that is really needed now.

The ref fucked us today?

Would you cop on. We were beaten by a better team who wanted it more. Blaming the ref today is complete bullshit and pathetic. Take the blue tinted specs off, we have some serious problems with the refereeing a very minor one

You don't think getting the penalty that we should have had for the clear foul on Sterling with the score at 0-0 would have made any difference then?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:24 pm

The ref fucked us today?

Pen at 0-0 and red for Robles. Different game from that point.

No one is having his specs on. I am far from defending these bunch of cunts, they don't deserve to work for this club.I am just saying that things could had been very different today with the right decision.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:24 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

The ref fucked us today?

You don't think getting the penalty that we should have had for the clear foul on Sterling with the score at 0-0 would have made any difference then?

Clattenburg did his job.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:26 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

The ref fucked us today?

Clattenburg did his job.

baconface will be well chuffed with his little chicken.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:30 pm

We lack the players to perform Pep's system and combined with having players that are also significant liabilities or wildly inconsistent in their performances -- particularly in defence -- it exposes us badly. We are missing Vinny's presence to organise there as the same problems transpired with the Mangala-Nico partnership. They looked just as lost as Stones-Nico did today. It doesn't help that our keeper is under tremendous pressure and struggling to make an impact when replacing a fan favourite run out of town in a controversial matter.

As posted by FA cup winners, we have a lot more holes than it seems, and I believe 8 of our players are out of contract after this season (Yaya, Kolarov, Zaba, Navas, Clichy, Fernando, Sagna, Fernandinho), and it appears that only 1-3 might return.

Most of these players are old. We are a very old squad and we all know that this is a problem as well when it comes to pace when defending. We signed several young players this past summer, but that's where the transfer kitty went, especially (Stones, Sane & Jesus). Missing on Laporte and Bonucci was also not helpful.

The young ones are good, but only Sterling is showing consistency in the team. Fortunately we have Jesus coming, so that gives us another option, but it would be good if someone started to shine a bit more (I peg Sane as most likely other than Jesus).

Bottom line is I agree, it's been recruitment. We have had some good ones, but too many duds for big money, mostly in the area we are currently weakest, defending, with multiple attempts to improve it going nowhere. Not going for fullbacks this summer was a calculated risk to wait a year, with hopes our attack would be so good it wouldn't matter, but it seems to now be going terribly wrong, and we are sometimes struggling to find goals.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:If you didn't know better you'd think that Txiki was a cuckoo in the nest. He's taken a sublime defence to the opposite ends of the scale.

It's pitiful, and do are we.

My sentiments exactly Beefy.

UEFA doing an inside job on us.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him, and Guardiola fuck off back to Barcelona at some stage, maybe even at the end of this season, if Barcelona under achievement continues. I don’t think it out of the realms of possability. Facts are he looks destined to steer us our worst finishing position since the take over. Finishing Top 4 is looking more unlikely by the week.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:44 pm

PeterParker wrote:

No one is having his specs on. I am far from defending these bunch of cunts, they don't deserve to work for this club.I am just saying that things could had been very different today with the right decision.

Even if Clattenburg had given a penalty he could not have given a red card due to the change in the law that came into effect last summer. Yellow card at most.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:54 pm

Txiki is not getting employee of the month awards is he. He will be gone when Pep goes is my guess. He has a lot of work to do in readiness for next season with the number of out of contract players we have, which in itself is not good management.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:21 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Even if Clattenburg had given a penalty he could not have given a red card due to the change in the law that came into effect last summer. Yellow card at most.

They changed that even in a situation like the one from today? Horrible if so. I understand the rule, but the gk that do that should be off.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum