Adios, Spafia

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Adios, Spafia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:53 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:in very simplistic terms:
is the squad better / more (as?) balanced now than when he joined?

Nothing wrong with simplicity, in the right place NT.

Simple answer; NO.

why ignore the context though, why ignore the fact that he's working in an environment where we had to change from an unsustainable model to a model of sustainability. I'm not trying to make excuses but you can't ignore the context.

You're quite right FIBD and I agree completely.

I did add the qualifier "in the right place", but I suppose I could/should have expanded on this.

All in all though, Txixi has a lot of questions to answer.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby aaron bond » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:56 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Simple answer; NO.

why ignore the context though, why ignore the fact that he's working in an environment where we had to change from an unsustainable model to a model of sustainability. I'm not trying to make excuses but you can't ignore the context.

Our model has changed now our transfers fees are financed by our huge revenue, not the Sheikh's own funds.

We are still spending huge sums each season and are generally the biggest spenders. Furthermore, we recoup less than our rivals when selling players so our net spend is by far the largest.

He has wasted so much money on bad buys and left our squad so unbalanced that, for me, shows he has failed at his task.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:59 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Simple answer; NO.

You're quite right FIBD and I agree completely.

I did add the qualifier "in the right place", but I suppose I could/should have expanded on this.

All in all though, Txixi has a lot of questions to answer.

No doubt mate, but like I've said before it's difficult as a fan looking in from the outside to form an understanding of exactly what he's responsible for.

I trust Khaldoon to make the right call here as he has all the facts at hand.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:03 pm

aaron bond wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Simple answer; NO.

Our model has changed now our transfers fees are financed by our huge revenue, not the Sheikh's own funds.

We are still spending huge sums each season and are generally the biggest spenders. Furthermore, we recoup less than our rivals when selling players so our net spend is by far the largest.

He has wasted so much money on bad buys and left our squad so unbalanced that, for me, shows he has failed at his task.

I acknowledge that there's been some errors mate and gambles that haven't paid off but who would you personally say are bad buys? And do you think that we have made more bad buys under Txiki's watch than our rivals?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum