*** Official Match Thread: Everton v City ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Official Match Thread: Everton v City ***

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:20 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:Richard Keys has tweeted that he can see Pep walking away from City and I may have to agree. I don't think he's got a fight in him. Like his team, he's talented but lacks backbone.

They are subjective but the footage they shown of Pep wasn't what I wanted to see.

He hardly even stood up today.

He really needs to work out how to beat teams we dominate. Quick

Genuine question but is there any possibility that Pep is either beginning to lose the dressing room, or it's gone a lot further than that ??

Could be. I think or rather hope that he is simply asking players to do things they are actually incapable of doing. Our players aren't as good as they think they are, especially playing the way Pep wishes
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:Richard Keys has tweeted that he can see Pep walking away from City and I may have to agree. I don't think he's got a fight in him. Like his team, he's talented but lacks backbone.

They are subjective but the footage they shown of Pep wasn't what I wanted to see.

He hardly even stood up today.

He really needs to work out how to beat teams we dominate. Quick

Genuine question but is there any possibility that Pep is either beginning to lose the dressing room, or it's gone a lot further than that ??

Could be. I think or rather hope that he is simply asking players to do things they are actually incapable of doing. Our players aren't as good as they think they are, especially playing the way Pep wishes

Today he had the look of a man who has told his players for the umpteenth time what they needed to do and for the umpteenth time they failed to do it.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:07 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:And yet again BRAVO DOESNT SAVE

FUCK ANYONE ON THIS SITE THAT DEFENDS THAT TIT.

I'm getting the impression that you're not a Bravo fan
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:12 pm

There's some right pussies on here - you've turned into a bunch of soft twats just cos things aren't going right. We've had much worse sides than this in the past yet you still watched us then

Can't believe the number of 'I'm not watching this shit anymore blah blah blah'

Yes we are struggling at the moment but some of you lot calling yourselves city fans perhaps aren't as big fans as you make out. I'm hoping most of these reactions are knee jerk and that you're not really a bunch of soft arse mardy twats
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:22 pm

freshie wrote:There's some right pussies on here - you've turned into a bunch of soft twats just cos things aren't going right. We've had much worse sides than this in the past yet you still watched us then

Yes we are struggling at the moment but some of you lot calling yourselves city fans perhaps aren't as big fans as you make out. I'm hoping most of these reactions are knee jerk and that you're not really a bunch of soft arse mardy twats

But back in the day it was enjoyable and a rollercoaster. It wasn't the same shit week in week out. And we hadn't spent 100s of millions on 'top' players. And football wasn't as expensive.

There's loads of reasons your post is bollocks but there's just a few.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:23 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
mr_nool wrote:See you all in September. Can't take more of this shit.

?

I'll just ask that as I didn't think, as an overseas Blue, that you weren't so fickle.

Mate, as fans we're allowed to do whatever we want to do. We're free to fuck this season off and come back next season we could pack it in for years and come back. It's his choice as a fan. I'm sure Nool was there throughout all the shit times. If he's done for a bit with City why can't he be? Without someone calling him for it.

Just like you mate? I'm not calling him out, I just don't get it, fans deciding out just because they don't like what they see?

It's all about opinion and it maybe different, I just can't understand how a fan can just take time off. An acquaintance, somebody who I used to call my mate, did the same recently, and I asked the same. A Superbia member who just sacked it. Seems to me it was more about him than the fans around him, and that's why I now say he's just somebody I knew.

Latterly, he's turned out to be a selfish little cunt. I'll say no more.

I'm with you on this one
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:24 pm

Genuine question, are you two season ticket holders and have you been for some time?

This isn't a 'I'm a bigger fan than you are!' question. I'll make my point once you've both answered.
Last edited by Mase on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:24 pm

Mase wrote:
freshie wrote:There's some right pussies on here - you've turned into a bunch of soft twats just cos things aren't going right. We've had much worse sides than this in the past yet you still watched us then

But back in the day it was enjoyable and a rollercoaster. It wasn't the same shit week in week out. And we hadn't spent 100s of millions on 'top' players. And football wasn't as expensive.

Fuck the money. You either support the club or you don't. Back in the day it was enjoyable? Yeh I loved the 2 successive relegations. Wanktastic
Last edited by freshie on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:26 pm

freshie wrote:
Mase wrote:

Fuck the money. You either support the club or you don't. Back in the day it was enjoyable? Yeh I loved the 2 successive relegations. Wanktastic

Back then I fuckin loved going to Maine Road. Absolutely loved it! We were shit and got relegated but I loved going.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:26 pm

I'm not calling out people who don't want to go to the games any more. I understand that it is very expensive these days but to turn your back on the club completely is bullshit
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:27 pm

I'm not calling out people who don't want to go to the games any more. I understand that it is very expensive these days but to turn your back on the club completely is bullshit
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:27 pm

freshie wrote:I'm not calling out people who don't want to go to the games any more. I understand that it is very expensive these days but to turn your back on the club completely is bullshit

I think it's people turning there back on football. It's shit now. No one can deny it's gone and is going further down hill.

I think the people who are saying 'I'm done' will still support City. They obviously bleed blue. But they won't bother going to the games for a variety of reasons.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:27 pm

Mase wrote:

Fuck the money. You either support the team or you don't. Back in the day it was enjoyable? Yeh I loved the 2 successive relegations. Wanktastic
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:40 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Today he had the look of a man who has told his players for the umpteenth time what they needed to do and for the umpteenth time they failed to do it.

The same feeling I get with some of my staff at work. I know exactly how he feels
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm

Mase wrote:Genuine question, are you two season ticket holders and have you been for some time?

This isn't a 'I'm a bigger fan than you are!' question. I'll make my point once you've both answered.

Had one for 20 years mate and been all over Europe over the last few seasons
Last edited by freshie on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:42 pm

freshie wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Today he had the look of a man who has told his players for the umpteenth time what they needed to do and for the umpteenth time they failed to do it.

The same feeling I get with some of my staff at work. I know exactly how he feels

Amen to that
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:47 pm

freshie wrote:
Mase wrote:Genuine question, are you two season ticket holders and have you been for some time?

So you can appreciate that some fans will have got to a certain point spending thousands and thousands on City over the years and if they're not enjoying it anymore then they're free to stop going. Whether that's because it's the same predictable crap every week or because the FA and refs are ruining he game.
Surely you can understand that mate?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:50 pm

Can't fucking believe we lost 4-0.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:50 pm

Mase wrote:
freshie wrote:

So you can appreciate that some fans will have got to a certain point spending thousands and thousands on City over the years and if they're not enjoying it anymore then they're free to stop going. Whether that's because it's the same predictable crap every week or because the FA and refs are ruining he game.
Surely you can understand that mate?

You must've missed my earlier post where I agreed it is very expensive to go to games. Look a few posts further up
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:53 pm

I think the biggest problem, and why we aren't enjoying it as much any more, comes down to the obscene amounts of money in the game and the fact that a sport that we love has turned into a business. With money comes corruption and it's ruining the game
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum