*** Official Match Thread: Everton v City ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Official Match Thread: Everton v City ***

Postby Justified logic » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:01 pm

Those stats about how many on target shots Bravo has faced and how many he's conceded (20 and 14 I think, without checking) - how many of those has he got even a finger-tip to? The ones I've seen, he has been nowhere near them. He's a fucking disgrace.

YOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOY!!!!!!!!!!!! does Guardiola keep playing him when the whole world is calling him a clown and laughing at him?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:19 pm

freshie wrote:
Mase wrote:
freshie wrote:
Mase wrote:Genuine question, are you two season ticket holders and have you been for some time?

This isn't a 'I'm a bigger fan than you are!' question. I'll make my point once you've both answered.

Had one for 20 years mate and been all over Europe over the last few seasons

So you can appreciate that some fans will have got to a certain point spending thousands and thousands on City over the years and if they're not enjoying it anymore then they're free to stop going. Whether that's because it's the same predictable crap every week or because the FA and refs are ruining he game.
Surely you can understand that mate?

You must've missed my earlier post where I agreed it is very expensive to go to games. Look a few posts further up

I'm not saying they're going to stop going because it's expensive.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby branny » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Justified logic wrote:Those stats about how many on target shots Bravo has faced and how many he's conceded (20 and 14 I think, without checking) - how many of those has he got even a finger-tip to? The ones I've seen, he has been nowhere near them. He's a fucking disgrace.

YOYOYOYOYOYOYOYOY!!!!!!!!!!!! does Guardiola keep playing him when the whole world is calling him a clown and laughing at him?

It's like he's a ghost. Nothing hits him, it goes straight through.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:02 pm

Mase wrote:Genuine question, are you two season ticket holders and have you been for some time?

This isn't a 'I'm a bigger fan than you are!' question. I'll make my point once you've both answered.

Bollox Maze, you know the score on that. And before you dive into me, think twice. Trust me, I have a very good reason for not attending but as normal, I spend my life following the club.

Now, shoot away sunshine, I'm all fucking ears!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:15 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Bollox Maze, you know the score on that. And before you dive into me, think twice. Trust me, I have a very good reason for not attending but as normal, I spend my life following the club.

Sunshine? Don't be like that mate, it doesn't suit you. Read above, I've already stated my point.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:19 pm

Mase wrote:
freshie wrote:
Mase wrote:
freshie wrote:

Had one for 20 years mate and been all over Europe over the last few seasons

So you can appreciate that some fans will have got to a certain point spending thousands and thousands on City over the years and if they're not enjoying it anymore then they're free to stop going. Whether that's because it's the same predictable crap every week or because the FA and refs are ruining he game.
Surely you can understand that mate?

You must've missed my earlier post where I agreed it is very expensive to go to games. Look a few posts further up

I'm not saying they're going to stop going because it's expensive.

No but I can understand fans not going to the games if they feel they aren't getting value for money, it's the ones that are saying they've had enough of city altogether who I'm having a go at. I don't expect every fan to go to all the games but to stop supporting your club because things aren't going your way is childish and I thought we were better than that. After all we had a go at the rags when their season ticket waiting list disappeared after taggart left
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:27 pm

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Sunshine? Don't be like that mate, it doesn't suit you. Read above, I've already stated my point.

My apologies, I should have thought before I decided to question another Blue.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:28 pm

Lads, we've just been absolutely dicked. Emotions are high. Tomorrow's another day and we'll be fine.

CTWD!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:36 pm

Mase wrote:Lads, we've just been absolutely dicked. Emotions are high. Tomorrow's another day and we'll be fine.

CTWD!

That's cos we don't have a game tomorrow ;)
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Mase wrote:
freshie wrote:
Mase wrote:
freshie wrote:There's some right pussies on here - you've turned into a bunch of soft twats just cos things aren't going right. We've had much worse sides than this in the past yet you still watched us then

Can't believe the number of 'I'm not watching this shit anymore blah blah blah'

Yes we are struggling at the moment but some of you lot calling yourselves city fans perhaps aren't as big fans as you make out. I'm hoping most of these reactions are knee jerk and that you're not really a bunch of soft arse mardy twats

But back in the day it was enjoyable and a rollercoaster. It wasn't the same shit week in week out. And we hadn't spent 100s of millions on 'top' players. And football wasn't as expensive.

There's loads of reasons your post is bollocks but there's just a few.

Fuck the money. You either support the club or you don't. Back in the day it was enjoyable? Yeh I loved the 2 successive relegations. Wanktastic

Back then I fuckin loved going to Maine Road. Absolutely loved it! We were shit and got relegated but I loved going.
Yeah me too.

I moved over to the North Stand when we rebuilt the Kippax, I never went back. I used to love the crack at half time on the concourse singing Rag songs getting pissed. I say getting pissed; you had to buy 2 pints because you would lose half from each one trying to get away from the bar. :) The banter between Kippax and North Stand

I still class Bradford City away day promotion back to Division 1 as one of my best memories as a City fan. It was a cracking day out. Why ?, because they were all real City fans, not fucking Japanese tourists, or Glory hunters, real bleed blood blues.

We seem to have lost our identity on this journey. I can understand some fans becoming disillusioned with football, in soulless football grounds, with soulless corporate fans, holidaymakers, glory hunters.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:39 pm

zabbadabbado wrote:
Mase wrote:
freshie wrote:
Mase wrote:
freshie wrote:There's some right pussies on here - you've turned into a bunch of soft twats just cos things aren't going right. We've had much worse sides than this in the past yet you still watched us then

Can't believe the number of 'I'm not watching this shit anymore blah blah blah'

Yes we are struggling at the moment but some of you lot calling yourselves city fans perhaps aren't as big fans as you make out. I'm hoping most of these reactions are knee jerk and that you're not really a bunch of soft arse mardy twats

But back in the day it was enjoyable and a rollercoaster. It wasn't the same shit week in week out. And we hadn't spent 100s of millions on 'top' players. And football wasn't as expensive.

There's loads of reasons your post is bollocks but there's just a few.

Fuck the money. You either support the club or you don't. Back in the day it was enjoyable? Yeh I loved the 2 successive relegations. Wanktastic

Back then I fuckin loved going to Maine Road. Absolutely loved it! We were shit and got relegated but I loved going.
Yeah me too.

I moved over to the North Stand when we rebuilt the Kippax, I never went back. I used to love the crack at half time on the concourse singing Rag songs getting pissed. I say getting pissed; you had to buy 2 pints because you would lose half from each one trying to get away from the bar. :) The banter between Kippax and North Stand

I still class Bradford City away day promotion back to Division 1 as one of my best memories as a City fan. It was a cracking day out. Why ?, because they were all real City fans, not fucking Japanese tourists, or Glory hunters, real bleed blood blues.

We seem to have lost our identity on this journey. I can understand some fans becoming disillusioned with football, in soulless football grounds, with soulless corporate fans, holidaymakers, glory hunters.

I see the same old faces away from home. The lads who have been going for years, including Bradford, and some young uns. Not so many football tourists in amongst them, I feel safe saying.
Last edited by Piccsnumberoneblue on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:00 am

The blame lies with two people first one is cheeky, he hasn't done his job which is getting in new players that improve the team and also losing the older ones that aren't quick enough anymore.
The other is pep, he knew he was coming here way into early 2016, he should have told the club who to move on and who to keep.
Now were left with have a team of past it players, who can't adapt.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Grandad Rosler » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:44 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:Richard Keys has tweeted that he can see Pep walking away from City and I may have to agree. I don't think he's got a fight in him. Like his team, he's talented but lacks backbone.

I can see him making a quiet exit when the season is done. It really could not have been any worse but the regression over the last couple of years has been there for all to see. The squad is piss poor. Pep must have been seething to be handed Bravo, stones, Gundo and Sane at the beginning of this season. A horrible transfer window. He can't work his magic with the poorest squad he has ever been given.

This is a key point for me and one of the main reasons I'm trying to keep the faith that all will come good in the end.

There isn't all that much different in terms of personnel than last season, which wasn't a great success. Even with square pegs in square holes we'd still be where we are imo.

Major overhaul required, I mean I love Zabba but it's clutching at straws to think he can play that role for more than one game.

Defence is the immediate concern though. It's a joke that we haven't even attempted to address 3 of the 4 positions + decent backup
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby City64 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:00 pm

Armchair fan fall outs much more entertaining than our football .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:09 pm

city72 wrote:50 passes going back to the keeper four times and we make it to the halfway line, Everton three touches and bravos picking it out the net, we make a simple game look hard.

Give yourself a cigar !
Spot on
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:12 pm

City64 wrote:Armchair fan fall outs much more entertaining than our football .

You really shouldn't let yourself down like that mate.
You're better than that bollox come on
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum