*** Official Match Thread: Everton v City ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Official Match Thread: Everton v City ***

Postby mr_nool » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:16 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
mr_nool wrote:See you all in September. Can't take more of this shit.

?

I'll just ask that as I didn't think, as an overseas Blue, that you weren't so fickle.

Just spur of the moment bollox written in affect. I'm already back :-)

But I think I'll spend most of my time in the off topic the coming weeks.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:17 pm

Anybody hear the 'Everton win, Liverpool lose' songs?

Cunts!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:17 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
mr_nool wrote:See you all in September. Can't take more of this shit.

?

I'll just ask that as I didn't think, as an overseas Blue, that you weren't so fickle.

Just spur of the moment bollox written in affect. I'm already back :-)

But I think I'll spend most of my time in the off topic the coming weeks.

I know mate ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:20 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:And ofcourse, if you are going to play like that you need a goalkeeper who can make the odd save! It is vital he is fucked off now.

I have seen Ron Healey,Keith Macrae, Eike Immel and Martyn Margetson. But no matter how bad they were, I've never seen a keeper for us who is incapable of making a save.
Hart irritated me by getting beaten low down to his left, this bloke gets beaten by anything on target, whether it's right, left, low, high or straight at him.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby edge275 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:24 pm

Pep has obviously made a lot of mistakes, however I'm still backing him.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:27 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
getdressedmctavish wrote:And ofcourse, if you are going to play like that you need a goalkeeper who can make the odd save! It is vital he is fucked off now.

I have seen Ron Healey,Keith Macrae, Eike Immel and Martyn Margetson. But no matter how bad they were, I've never seen a keeper for us who is incapable of making a save.
Hart irritated me by getting beaten low down to his left, this bloke gets beaten by anything on target, whether it's right, left, low, high or straight at him.

Not good enough never will be. He will get peters, but others go missing and fuck all said. Let's be fair some of the best players in the world were shocking today, Aguero if he is not scoring is a passenger. We need a world class forward to either force him into week in week out performances or replace him, we need world class defender or 4 plus a keeper fit for purpose.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:28 pm

Richard Keys has tweeted that he can see Pep walking away from City and I may have to agree. I don't think he's got a fight in him. Like his team, he's talented but lacks backbone.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:30 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:Richard Keys has tweeted that he can see Pep walking away from City and I may have to agree. I don't think he's got a fight in him. Like his team, he's talented but lacks backbone.

They are subjective but the footage they shown of Pep wasn't what I wanted to see.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tru_Blu » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Zab in the midfield says it all. Sane wide with DB in the middle...I'm just saying Pep ya hurting me.
Gundogan, Fern are very much missed. There is no one ready to fill their shoes and since Pep's not bending in terms of the system the teams breaking. I'm all for sticking to the plan as this is a work in progress, but losses like that are not permitted. I cant understand why we don't play direct as we did against Barcelona from time to time. Due to injuries age and lack of the talent required, the front office and Pep must make at least two loan signings before the end of the window.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:01 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:Richard Keys has tweeted that he can see Pep walking away from City and I may have to agree. I don't think he's got a fight in him. Like his team, he's talented but lacks backbone.

They are subjective but the footage they shown of Pep wasn't what I wanted to see.

Richard Keys is a prize plonker. Not for a second do I think Pep lacks backbone but no doubt he ( and the players) got it horribly wrong today. maybe the attacking players selected were ok for that part of the job ( although it didn't show) but to play with no defence is just crazy.Or at least a defence with nobody in front to protect.

Zaba and Yaya as effectively our holding two players is beyond a joke. Almost seems like Pep has listened to voices saying he shouldnt change the team too much rather than realising WHU were awful and changes were needed.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:46 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

He hardly even stood up today.

He really needs to work out how to beat teams we dominate. Quick
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:56 pm

Tru_Blu wrote:Zab in the midfield says it all. Sane wide with DB in the middle...I'm just saying Pep ya hurting me.
Gundogan, Fern are very much missed. There is no one ready to fill their shoes and since Pep's not bending in terms of the system the teams breaking. I'm all for sticking to the plan as this is a work in progress, but losses like that are not permitted. I cant understand why we don't play direct as we did against Barcelona from time to time. Due to injuries age and lack of the talent required, the front office and Pep must make at least two loan signings before the end of the window.

It's looked wank with those two in the side. Gundogan is not a top player by any stretch
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:01 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Tru_Blu wrote:Zab in the midfield says it all. Sane wide with DB in the middle...I'm just saying Pep ya hurting me.

It's looked wank with those two in the side. Gundogan is not a top player by any stretch

Gundo has always been injured. It doesn't matter whether he is good or not if he never plays. He looked OK to me but that's all. Whoever bought him is a proper brain dead fucker. Loads of us questioned the wisdom of signing another crock. Agent Spafia again for me.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:16 pm

We were that poor today that the ref only had do ignore one clear-cut penalty for us.

And has anybody ever seen Bravo make a fucking save? I mean, just one? Ever?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby s1ty m » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:57 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:We were that poor today that the ref only had do ignore one clear-cut penalty for us.

No. He's terrible. He's Margetson bad, actually, he's worse. He is a traffic cone and an absolute liability. The genius that Pep is figured he was his best option in goal then, eh? Well Pep, fuck you if that's your thinking, quite literally, fuck you.

I'm just steaming angry with the shite we get most weeks. I'm short on any ideas though but there are some decent posters on here that I'd trust more than Sticky Buggerstain or whatever he is called, the talentless shitpiss. Fucking 4-0 against that bunch of bastards. Oh fuck off.

I'll never understand the tolerance for Sterling. 50m. Just, wow. Not his fault today but he is in capsule a great example of the downgrading of players we have bought since Sticky got his mitts on the purse. Mancini bought brilliantly, just saying.

Rant over. Ooh, a bottle of wine...
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:04 pm

I think the main thing for me about Mancini is when he came here he knew straight away our defence wasn't the best and he focused on that and got it absolutely top. He worked on it straight away and we had a few games were we didn't play amazing attacking football but we got the win and the clean sheet.

Pep's known he was coming here for years now. That was always the plan. Yet he hasn't prepared for anything but 'his way'. He obviously hasn't looked at the team and what needs sorting now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:06 pm

I can see him making a quiet exit when the season is done. It really could not have been any worse but the regression over the last couple of years has been there for all to see. The squad is piss poor. Pep must have been seething to be handed Bravo, stones, Gundo and Sane at the beginning of this season. A horrible transfer window. He can't work his magic with the poorest squad he has ever been given.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:13 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:We were that poor today that the ref only had do ignore one clear-cut penalty for us.

They've churned out a statistic on Talkspite tonight, obviously it could be a load of garbage knowing that lot, that Bravo has had 20 direct, out and out, shots on target this season and he's conceded 14 goals from them.

I know statistics can be skewed any way you want them to prove a point, but that seems a little bit worrying and, moreover, credible to a certain extent.

The way I feel about Bravo, is that he doesn't even have a 'one off' blinder in him and any run of the mill 'keeper in the Championship, or even League 1 for that matter, could come in and do a far better job than him, as well as being far cheaper.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:17 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Genuine question but is there any possibility that Pep is either beginning to lose the dressing room, or it's gone a lot further than that ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:19 pm

: 
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Genuine question but is there any possibility that Pep is either beginning to lose the dressing room, or it's gone a lot further than that ??

I honestly don't think he's arsed. His mates are up top and he knows he's not going to get sacked by them. It's madness.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum