next: palace (a) fa cup 4th round

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: fa cup 4th round draw

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:50 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Could this be the end off the Rags run of games on BBC?

BBC FA Cup Coverage

Come on beefy you should know better

The FA Cup fourth-round ties between Derby County and Leicester City, and Millwall and Watford will be shown live on BBC One.

Premier League champions Leicester will visit Championship Derby on Friday, 27 January at 19:55 GMT.

League One Millwall host Premier League Watford two days later at 12:00 GMT.

That game will be followed on BBC One at 16:00 GMT by either Crystal Palace or Bolton against Manchester City, or Manchester United v Wigan Athletic.

They will choose the rags as usual

Just read that if Bolton get through then we will be on TV but if not, we play on Saturday and the Rags are on.

I can understand that they wouldn't show ours but why show the Rags? There are games there that could really show the 'Romance' of the cup - Accrington, Sutton etc - yet they'd choose a dead rubber just because it's the Rags. Should we call the love affair with the Rags the 'Bromance' of the cup now?

I'd say, with Bolton having to go to Palace, that there's a good chance the Rags will be chosen. I suppose that's why they done it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby branny » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

BBC FA Cup Coverage

The FA Cup fourth-round ties between Derby County and Leicester City, and Millwall and Watford will be shown live on BBC One.

Premier League champions Leicester will visit Championship Derby on Friday, 27 January at 19:55 GMT.

That game will be followed on BBC One at 16:00 GMT by either Crystal Palace or Bolton against Manchester City, or Manchester United v Wigan Athletic.

Just read that if Bolton get through then we will be on TV but if not, we play on Saturday and the Rags are on.

I can understand that they wouldn't show ours but why show the Rags? There are games there that could really show the 'Romance' of the cup - Accrington, Sutton etc - yet they'd choose a dead rubber just because it's the Rags. Should we call the love affair with the Rags the 'Bromance' of the cup now?

I'd say, with Bolton having to go to Palace, that there's a good chance the Rags will be chosen. I suppose that's why they done it.

I think the Sutton/Wimbledon v Leeds is on live too but it stinks that they'd show our illustrious neighbours at home to a struggling championship side over an all pl clash if Palace prevail.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:14 pm

branny wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

BBC FA Cup Coverage

I think the Sutton/Wimbledon v Leeds is on live too but it stinks that they'd show our illustrious neighbours at home to a struggling championship side over an all pl clash if Palace prevail.

I think it's called 'edging your bets'. I'm sure that if Bolton do get through then there'll be some shuffling of goalposts in order to get the Rags on TV.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:10 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
branny wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

BBC FA Cup Coverage

I think it's called 'edging your bets'. I'm sure that if Bolton do get through then there'll be some shuffling of goalposts in order to get the Rags on TV.

Palace have a game the following Tuesday (away at Bournemouth) hence we would play them Saturday. Well, I'm presuming that as it makes most sense. This would be best for us as well as it gives us an extra day before our PL game back in London against West Ham.

On a different matter, I see that both Chelsea and Fulham are playing at home at 3pm on the Saturday. Wasn't Fulham's home fixture used as the reason why we couldn't play Chelsea at a more convenient time for us last year?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:18 am

There's no fuckin way Bolton will win at Palace. So Scum on TV again
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:29 am

Justified logic wrote:Palace have a game the following Tuesday (away at Bournemouth) hence we would play them Saturday. Well, I'm presuming that as it makes most sense. This would be best for us as well as it gives us an extra day before our PL game back in London against West Ham.

On a different matter, I see that both Chelsea and Fulham are playing at home at 3pm on the Saturday. Wasn't Fulham's home fixture used as the reason why we couldn't play Chelsea at a more convenient time for us last year?

You're right mate, Palace have refused the game due to their midweek game. Which in itself is interesting as I thought that they were contracted to abide by what the TV company's want, which aligns with your second point. We asked for it to be played on the Saturday but the Beed would not budge.

I can totally understand the Palace stance but why weren't we afforded the same consideration, or were we chasing the money?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:35 am

dazby wrote:In our local league we have a lower league club that has been in the cup competitions for the past 5 years. For the first four years they drew away games, normally against teams above them. They always lost.

Last year they drew an away leg again but caused a bit of an upset by beating their more fancied opposition. Thinking they'd finally broken their run of bad luck they strode confidently into the next round- where they drew an away game against a top flight team and were promptly thrashed.

Just the luck of the draw.

The cup draw has just been done. Yep, they drew an away game again. :roll:
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:52 pm

Last edited by london blue 2 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:30 pm

One of the linesmen against Palace this weekend will be someone who used to be a youth team player for, you guessed it, Palace. You could not make up this shit.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:16 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:One of the linesmen against Palace this weekend will be someone who used to be a youth team player for, you guessed it, Palace. You could not make up this shit.

who hates them for releasing him?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:24 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:One of the linesmen against Palace this weekend will be someone who used to be a youth team player for, you guessed it, Palace. You could not make up this shit.

who hates them for releasing him?

Possibly, either way he shouldn't be officiating at one of their games.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby phips » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:08 pm

well he's been removed so we can't complain
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:57 pm

phips wrote:well he's been removed so we can't complain

we did complain and he's been removed.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:30 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

Fat lot of good that will do , Jones the blind is ref .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:07 pm

zuricity wrote:

Turns out we DIDN'T complain and he's been removed. We didn't fucking complain. Who the fuck is running this club?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:19 pm

zuricity wrote:

Turns out we DIDN'T complain and he's been removed. We didn't fucking complain. Who the fuck is running this club?

Txiki's job to do that
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby sheblue » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:41 pm

It was fans complaining on the net....then the fuckers realised they were found out...
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:20 am

sheblue wrote:It was fans complaining on the net....then the fuckers realised they were found out...

Withdrawn from the spotlight - like Clusterfuck after Sterling's 'handball' decision, (who was then rewarded with a major International final not long afterwards).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Spurge » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:34 pm

dazby wrote:
dazby wrote:In our local league we have a lower league club that has been in the cup competitions for the past 5 years. For the first four years they drew away games, normally against teams above them. They always lost.

Last year they drew an away leg again but caused a bit of an upset by beating their more fancied opposition. Thinking they'd finally broken their run of bad luck they strode confidently into the next round- where they drew an away game against a top flight team and were promptly thrashed.

FA Cup last season
Rnd 3 - villa away
Rnd 4 - Norwich away
Rnd 5 - Chelsea away

FA Cup this season
Rnd 3 - west ham away
Rnd 4 - crystal palace away

League cup this season
Rnd 3 - Swansea away
Rnd 4 - rags away
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:43 pm

Spurge wrote:
dazby wrote:

FA Cup last season
Rnd 3 - villa away
Rnd 4 - Norwich away
Rnd 5 - Chelsea away

FA Cup this season
Rnd 3 - west ham away
Rnd 4 - crystal palace away

League cup this season
Rnd 3 - Swansea away
Rnd 4 - rags away