To Sagna regarding your Instagram post

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: To Sagna regarding your Instagram post

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:15 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Original Dub wrote:The big problem is that you have to be so careful going against any institution that has a huge propaganda machine behind it and the club are very aware of this.

I firmly believe this is the reason they have tried the nicely nicely approach up until now, but it is a head scratcher as to how to fight it without being painted as the paranoid club who are crying because they're not winning everything.
It's so easy to report it that way and we've seen it every week whenever pundits get together or whenever a game is being commentated.

Everyone already hates us because of both the job the media did and the fact we came in to break up the cosy club, so perhaps just taking them all head on and letting them hate us a little bit more is the way forward.

Although I'm not sure that's the image the good Sheikh wanted when he took over.

OD, football is full to the brim with degenerates. From the boardrooms of the clubs and the authorities to the media and the players. We should treat them all with utter contempt but we don't.

Reminds of me a great quote from Brian Clough. "Football hooligans? Well, there are 92 football league chairmen for a start"
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:18 pm

This one has really incensed me. £40 fucking grand for something as simple as that, and a first offence? Fucking ridiculous. Taggart, Wenger and Maureen were/are at it all the time, even Shrek only got a warning for when he did it direct into the camera.

I always think that when awards are seriously over the top then there's some culpability on those dishing it out, either to hide what their part was or just to show that you can't mess with them. They're really shitting on us this season, and each effort gets a little stronger.

Fucking cheeky cheating fucking cunts, the fucking lot of them.

It's things like this that make me love my club even more. Come on City!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby BookJunior » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:55 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:This one has really incensed me. £40 fucking grand for something as simple as that, and a first offence? Fucking ridiculous. Taggart, Wenger and Maureen were/are at it all the time, even Shrek only got a warning for when he did it direct into the camera.

I always think that when awards are seriously over the top then there's some culpability on those dishing it out, either to hide what their part was or just to show that you can't mess with them. They're really shitting on us this season, and each effort gets a little stronger.

I feel similar emotions about City but full of fury that bodies such as the FA and UEFA so clearly have an anti-City agenda.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:33 pm

BookJunior wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:This one has really incensed me. £40 fucking grand for something as simple as that, and a first offence? Fucking ridiculous. Taggart, Wenger and Maureen were/are at it all the time, even Shrek only got a warning for when he did it direct into the camera.

I feel similar emotions about City but full of fury that bodies such as the FA and UEFA so clearly have an anti-City agenda.

It's sad to admit it but it's across the board mate. It's a sad state of affairs that football is now run by a couple at the top and everybody else panders to their financial incentives. It's all over the board so no need to go on about it but needless to say that the club need more support than ever. Regardless of our differences, every City fan should be getting behind the club, manager and team, letting those cunts who are taking away our game, know exactly what we think.

Fury, anger, just fucking let the cunts who are taking away our game have it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:38 pm

BookJunior wrote:

LookNige thinks it's all in our heads...

It would be excellent if it wasn't the way it is and there must be some way to battle it. Use of video replay would almost kill it completely but that's the reason it hasn't yet been introduced... it takes away influence and power.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:
BookJunior wrote:

LookNige thinks it's all in our heads...

It would be excellent if it wasn't the way it is and there must be some way to battle it. Use of video replay would almost kill it completely but that's the reason it hasn't yet been introduced... it takes away influence and power.

There's not many arguing it now mate, even my sensible Rag aquaintanceschave admitted such, one just laughs at what they've got away with this season and openly admits that they are getting all the calls. Like he says though, who gives a fuck, they're winning, we're losing, nobody else cares.

It's probably just people being contraire, or not wanting to think that the PL is having them off.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:51 pm

Probably beefy. I've just been called out on it a minute ago so some will always just keep their heads buried and dream of all the players on an open top bus doing tours of Manchester or some shit.

How close are we to video replays?

I heard that they were testing it in the world club championship and surprise surprise it was getting great reviews?
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:03 pm

Original Dub wrote:Probably beefy. I've just been called out on it a minute ago so some will always just keep their heads buried and dream of all the players on an open top bus doing tours of Manchester or some shit.

How close are we to video replays?

I heard that they were testing it in the world club championship and surprise surprise it was getting great reviews?

You'd like to think that it would improve things but the cynic in me says that it'd make no change at all. They'd just use it to penalise certain teams anyway, by chalking a goal off etc.

Looking at the way the ref's have their fingers to their ears, it looks like it's already in play.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BookJunior » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:31 pm

Thank God the 6N starts soon and football will be down my agenda. This is the way for a referee to deal with errant players. Clubs discipline their own players without the RFU or IRB needing to intervene although a citing commissioner deals with any anything the referee missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXoBNFOxlQM
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum