Pep's post-match interview - proper angry

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep's post-match interview - proper angry

Postby Slim » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:46 pm

Tru_Blu wrote:
Slim wrote:Now I'm reading he's already planning his retirement?

Just what I wanted to hear from the manager 6 months into his new job with City.

HERE LIES THE PROBLEM I HAVE WITH SOME CITY FANS. "Now you're reading" Hasn't your mother told you not to believe everything that you read. IDIOTS FUELING OTHER IDIOTS

IN PEP I TRUST.........WE STILL HAVE THE BEST OWNERS AND THE BEST MANAGER get a grip people.

So I shouldn't believe your reply then?

I'm not sure on the rules here, I should believe some of the things I read but then not believe other things I read? Is there a handbook for what I should and what I shouldn't believe? Maybe some flashcards would be nice or a flashing neon sign that sits above my computer and comes on at random intervals. The story I read had a direct quote, and this was it.

"I feel that the the process of my goodbye has already started." Guardiola added: "I will not be a trainer when I am 60 or 65 years old. Manchester City is three years, or maybe longer, but I am still approaching the end of my career as a manager - I am sure of that."

Now maybe he was angled towards that sort of quote which to my mind speaks to his stupidity towards handling the media in giving that soundbite, but then maybe he wasn't. Either way, I don't want our manager who has just begun his career with my club to be talking about fucking retiring, even if it's something down the road.

And I don't want to assume you just called me an idiot there as well, feel free to clarify that.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Just what I wanted to hear from the manager 6 months into his new job with City.

There's a story about it in the Sun, in one of the first few paragraphs they actually quote what he said, which was something to the effect that he was at CIty for three years or maybe longer, but that he wouldn't be a manager sat on the bench until he was 60-65. In other words, a complete non-story twisted by some media monkies into a work of fantasy.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby DaBlues » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:44 pm

The way I read it is that we could be his last job, not that he is leaving anytime soon. He said "three years or more". That will do for me.
DaBlues
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:50 pm

Wait, Pep called slim an idiot?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Justified logic » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:32 pm

Slim wrote:
Tru_Blu wrote:

HERE LIES THE PROBLEM I HAVE WITH SOME CITY FANS. "Now you're reading" Hasn't your mother told you not to believe everything that you read. IDIOTS FUELING OTHER IDIOTS

IN PEP I TRUST.........WE STILL HAVE THE BEST OWNERS AND THE BEST MANAGER get a grip people.

So I shouldn't believe your reply then?

I'm not sure on the rules here, I should believe some of the things I read but then not believe other things I read? Is there a handbook for what I should and what I shouldn't believe? Maybe some flashcards would be nice or a flashing neon sign that sits above my computer and comes on at random intervals. The story I read had a direct quote, and this was it.

"I feel that the the process of my goodbye has already started." Guardiola added: "I will not be a trainer when I am 60 or 65 years old. Manchester City is three years, or maybe longer, but I am still approaching the end of my career as a manager - I am sure of that."

Now maybe he was angled towards that sort of quote which to my mind speaks to his stupidity towards handling the media in giving that soundbite, but then maybe he wasn't. Either way, I don't want our manager who has just begun his career with my club to be talking about fucking retiring, even if it's something down the road.

And I don't want to assume you just called me an idiot there as well, feel free to clarify that.

Or it could mean "I am still intending to be a manager until I retire". Not his first language, after all.

Anyway context - the question that was asked that prompted this comment - is all important.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:52 am

london blue 2 wrote:Wait, Pep called slim an idiot?

He even dreams he did that he better wake up and apologise.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum