replacing bravo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: replacing bravo

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:21 pm

Mase wrote:If he brought Hart back during this window it would give the players a huge lift! Hart back. Kompany back. Jesus coming in. Could potentially change our season completely.

I agree.

My old fella always said it takes a man to admit you made a mistake and rectify it..I agree with those sentiments.

Sooner or later Guardiola is going to have admit he got it wrong.As the poster says a few posts back,the fact he isnt doing it now is to the detriment of the team.And the longer it goes on suggests it is ego related.

If ever there was a game to change surely it is Spurs.If he send us out like Lambs to the slaughter and we are comprenesively hulimited in front of TV cameras i will never forgive him.And i mean it.There are no excuses,we can all see what is coming.If a shit Everton,.Lecicester, sides can hammer us,then what will Spurs do.Any half decent manager would and boost moral,try nullify and contain Spurs attack.Hope to nick one on a counter.Lets see how he sets up.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Socrates » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:26 pm

Sounds great except you can't bring back players from season long loans. Rate we are going Hart might be back next season playing for the next manager!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:33 pm

He is fucking shit along With the whole defensive setup. Fern 1 was massively missed and yaya isn't going to fucking defend is he.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Dub City » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:32 am

zabbadabbado wrote:
Mase wrote:If he brought Hart back during this window it would give the players a huge lift! Hart back. Kompany back. Jesus coming in. Could potentially change our season completely.

I agree.

My old fella always said it takes a man to admit you made a mistake and rectify it..I agree with those sentiments.

Sooner or later Guardiola is going to have admit he got it wrong.As the poster says a few posts back,the fact he isnt doing it now is to the detriment of the team.And the longer it goes on suggests it is ego related.

If ever there was a game to change surely it is Spurs.If he send us out like Lambs to the slaughter and we are comprenesively hulimited in front of TV cameras i will never forgive him.And i mean it.There are no excuses,we can all see what is coming.If a shit Everton,.Lecicester, sides can hammer us,then what will Spurs do.Any half decent manager would and boost moral,try nullify and contain Spurs attack.Hope to nick one on a counter.Lets see how he sets up.

Surely questions need to be raised of the GK coach. He worked with Bravo before joining us and with Hart for 3 years. Would presume he had an input into the decision to replace Hart with Bravo. Maybe im wrong and Pep is a complete dictator on this front but would presume he had a say on the decision. The first goal yesterday can argue well struck maybe he couldn't save it
Second angles all over place slotted into corner far too easy, nearly as poor an effort as Willian few weeks back
Third slides turns sideways making himself smaller and lets ball trickle past, maybe a touch from Yaya on way but poor effort
Forth, embarrassing effort.

There is no confidence in the defence with him, I would play Gunn now, seems very highly rated by all that have seen him regularly, give him a chance could be the making of him, would lift the crowd straight away.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:19 am

Socrates wrote:Sounds great except you can't bring back players from season long loans. Rate we are going Hart might be back next season playing for the next manager!

Except if a contract was terminated by both parties then he could come back, as has happened with other clubs - Ake has just been recalled by Chelsea.

I'm sure it would take a sweetener for Torino but it's doable and worth it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:19 am

Mase wrote:
Socrates wrote:Sounds great except you can't bring back players from season long loans. Rate we are going Hart might be back next season playing for the next manager!

Except if a contract was terminated by both parties then he could come back, as has happened with other clubs - Ake has just been recalled by Chelsea.

I'm sure it would take a sweetener for Torino but it's doable and worth it.

maybe we could give them kola?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Scatman » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:34 am

Bravo has conceded 14 of the last 22 shots on target against us.

Can anyone remember 8 saves?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:39 am

Scatman wrote:Bravo has conceded 14 of the last 22 shots on target against us.

No, I can remember 2 saves so far this season.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:42 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

I suppose catching a ball with noone pressuring him counts as a save...the little cunt needs as much credit as he can get.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Scatman » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:19 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I suppose catching a ball with noone pressuring him counts as a save...the little cunt needs as much credit as he can get.

The stats are for the premier league. The last 14 goals in the premier league were scored by Everton, Burnley, Liverpool,Arsenal, Leicester, Chelsea.

Everton, 4 shots on target, 4 goals (according to the BBC website, verified by Fotmob on my phone).
Burnley, 3 shots on target, 1 goal.
Liverpool, 1 shot on target, 1 goal.
Arsenal, 1 shot on target, 1 goal
Leicester, 6 shots on target, 4 goals,
Chelsea,4 shots on target, 3 goals.

Opta are being very generous. From the last 19 shots on target, we've conceded 14 goals. That's a maximum of 5 saves.

Chelsea have conceded 5 goals from the last 20 shots on target over a period of 8 league games.
Spurs have conceded 6 goals from the last 23 shots on target over 9 league games.
United have conceded 4 goals from the last 20 shots on target over 7 league games.
Hull have conceded 11 goals from the last 24 shots on target over 4 games.
Sunderland have conceded 5 goals from 21 shots on target over 2 games.

So it looks like on this small sample, that teams either put their shots on target further away from our keeper than the other keepers, or as a shot stopper, our keeper isn't up to the job.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Socrates » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:34 am

Clearances off the line might be boosting his already awful stats too. Wasn't there one recently at least? Zabba maybe?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:37 am

Socrates wrote:Clearances off the line might be boosting his already awful stats too. Wasn't there one recently at least? Zabba maybe?

Sagna I think was one.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby harveytravis » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:50 am

Surely a goalkeeper who lets in 70% of the shots aimed at the goals has to go.

These statistics (if true) are appalling

Bring back Joe Corrigan!
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:47 pm

harveytravis wrote:Surely a goalkeeper who lets in 70% of the shots aimed at the goals has to go.

These statistics (if true) are appalling

Bring back Joe Corrigan!

or john burridge!!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:56 pm

Hart will not come back, I think that is a story that has no future for us and we have to move on. Simple as that.

Ok, we have the example with Yaya and how he came back, but with Joe, I think things wll not be the same.

I agree he is a superior keeper and one of the best in the league, but I do not want him back. I think he left because of other reasons, the "not good with the ball" is just something it was fed to the media by some journos. The club, the manager or other source from the club did not say anything so we just assumed that was the reason.

I am very worried about the fact that we seem to have no one on our radar. Rulli looked mediocre since we signed him, while Gunn is sent to play with the EDS instead of loaning him out. And to top that, from time to time the link with Ter Stegen appears again with the same ridiculous fee.

We are lucky that Bravo is old and he will not stay here for 3 years. But also that Hart will not come back. So where does that leave us?
Last edited by PeterParker on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:49 pm

i just don't understand how he has gone downhill so far and so fast. i watched him with barca and chile many times, and he was sharp. wtf is happening???
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Justified logic » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:11 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

There have been at least a couple of shots straight at him recently which he 'saved' and one he tipped over the bar. I can honestly not remember him diving to the side and saving, or even touching the ball. I can remember him fixed to the ground as one shot went narrowly wide of his RH post.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:09 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:i just don't understand how he has gone downhill so far and so fast. i watched him with barca and chile many times, and he was sharp. wtf is happening???

It really is mind boggling. He has been a top keeper prior, although I believe he may have felt nerves early, after the first United match where he could have been sent off, and then when he was a few games later against Barca (as I recall). I think this may have unsettled him when he was trying to, and then our defence has not helped his confidence, which seems completely shot.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He is even dodgy in the warm up :roll: .
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:12 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He is even dodgy in the warm up :roll: .

Sunday league style - have you seen their keeper warming up? Take a pop from anywhere lads this guys looks dog shit.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum