****City v Burnley Official Match Thread****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****City v Burnley Official Match Thread****

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:12 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Just a thought but, because we continually have to suffer the bent refereeing decisions that we do in every game and Pep is virtually limited as to what he can say to the media, without being hung, drawn and quartered by them and the FA, did our players ought to start surrounding the referee in order to give him some grief, after every decision against us (be it right or downright corrupt), just to exert some undue influence as the Scum were trained to do under FerguScum ??

I know teams aren't now supposed to carry out this sort of activity, but to hell with the 'legalities' (or whatever) and let's see if, by doing such, we can redress the balance a little.

Even if the FA deemed to take us to task over this, it might just help flag up what is being done to us, week in, week out, in the name of 'the agenda'.

We're already officially the dirtiest team in the whole league mate.

And nobody in the media finds this odd

We should do what Paul O'Connell and Richie McCaw used to do and be in the refs ear from the start, not badgering but constantly keeping the psycology going that you are fair.

Warn the ref to watch out for pulling shirts when we have a corner. Kindly tell the ref if he missed something obvious and he will see it when he looks back on it. Remind the ref how many fouls the opposition is stacking up. Hold your hands up if the ref awarded something against you and tell him after he got it right.

Nigel Owens gave an interview before and he said that Paul O'Connell used to never shut up during a game, not complaining but always talking to the ref. Ireland used to get alot of leniant penalties from Owens and got away with a few too.

The day of surrounding the ref is practcally gone, they are too well protected but could still be done at the right times. One or two big games a season and only for big decisions. Otherwise we would be just treated as moaners who always do this
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:26 pm

Pep was complaining about the atmosphere.

Does he realise we have a problem with Showsec Stewards acting like Nazis ?. The minute fans get a little but over zealous the snatch squads move in to eject fans.I heard a pensioner got ejected today for standing.

I am not making excuses, but it hardly adds to the atmosphere does it ?. I thought Anfield the other night was worse that the Cathedral of Silence across the road.

I would love to see designated standing areas return to football grounds.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:00 am

If the club wants a better atmosphere then ditch Showsec.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum