Half-term report.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Half-term report.

Postby Justified logic » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:06 pm

The league table below shows how many points we got against the other teams during the first half of the season.

0 Chelsea (H) 49pts +29GD
0 Liverpool (A) 43pts +25GD
3 Arsenal (H) 40pts +22GD
0 Spurs (A) 39pts +23GD
------------------------------
- Man City 39pts +18GD
3 Man Utd (A) 36pts +10GD
1 Everton (H) 27pts
3 West Brom (A)
1 Southampton (H)
3 Bournemouth (H)
3 Burnley (A)
3 Watford (H)
3 West Ham (H)
3 Stoke (A)
0 Leicester (A)
1 Middlesbrough (H)
3 Crystal Palace (A)
3 Sunderland (H)
3 Hull (A)
3 Swansea (A)
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Half-term report.

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:26 pm

Justified logic wrote:The league table below shows how many points we got against the other teams during the first half of the season.

0 Spurs (A) 39pts +23GD
- Man City 39pts +18GD
1 Everton (H) 27pts
3 West Brom (A)
1 Southampton (H)
3 Bournemouth (H)
3 Burnley (A)
3 Watford (H)
3 West Ham (H)
3 Stoke (A)
0 Leicester (A)
1 Middlesbrough (H)
3 Crystal Palace (A)
3 Sunderland (H)
3 Hull (A)
3 Swansea (A)

Highlights just how important the games v your nearest rivals are. They are must not lose games, not necessarily must win games
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:39 pm

Justified logic wrote:The league table below shows how many points we got against the other teams during the first half of the season.

0 Spurs (A) 39pts +23GD
- Man City 39pts +18GD
1 Everton (H) 27pts
3 West Brom (A)
1 Southampton (H)
3 Bournemouth (H)
3 Burnley (A)
3 Watford (H)
3 West Ham (H)
3 Stoke (A)
0 Leicester (A)
1 Middlesbrough (H)
3 Crystal Palace (A)
3 Sunderland (H)
3 Hull (A)
3 Swansea (A)

Thanks for posting that JL; it sets things out quite simply and starkly.

The weird thing is that, as disappointing as we've been against the top sides, If we had still managed to win our home games versus Everton, Middlesborough and Southampton, which shouldn't have been an unrealistic requirement, we would now be six points better off and in second place on 45.

What a frustrating season all round, so far.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby City64 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:18 pm

Too much info there .

WANK , there you go !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:31 pm

I think we are doing incredibly well given how many sub stsndard players we are carrying. However,our main problem has been one no one predicted..Segio has been a petulant twat who when he has been on the field couldn't hit a donkeys arse with a banjo. That may be the problem exercising Pep's mind the most because the rest are obvious. What I think pep is doing is giving these players a run to see whether they are good enough or not. For players like Otter and Fern 1 and Sterling this is a make or break period. Everyone knows we need three new fullbacks but with the nearly men its more difficult.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby petrov » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:07 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:I think we are doing incredibly well given how many sub stsndard players we are carrying. However,our main problem has been one no one predicted..Segio has been a petulant twat who when he has been on the field couldn't hit a donkeys arse with a banjo. That may be the problem exercising Pep's mind the most because the rest are obvious. What I think pep is doing is giving these players a run to see whether they are good enough or not. For players like Otter and Fern 1 and Sterling this is a make or break period. Everyone knows we need three new fullbacks but with the nearly men its more difficult.

How can you say a player with 10 league goals in 13 games/ 16 goals in 20 in all competitions couldn't hit a donkeys arse with a banjo? The petulant part I'll give you.

Otter I think is on the fence Fern1 is a cert to stay under Pep as is Raheem.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Justified logic » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:12 pm

0 Spurs (A) 39pts +23GD
- Man City 39pts +18GD
1 Everton (H) 27pts
3 West Brom (A)
1 Southampton (H)
3 Bournemouth (H)
3 Burnley (A)
3 Watford (H)
3 West Ham (H)
3 Stoke (A)
0 Leicester (A)
1 Middlesbrough (H)
3 Crystal Palace (A)
3 Sunderland (H)
3 Hull (A)
3 Swansea (A)

As of today, showing Home/Away games remaining...

0/6 Chelsea 72pts +38GD
1/6 Spurs 65pts +38GD
1/6 Liverpool 60pts +27GD
- Man City 58pts +23GD
4/6 Arsenal 54pts +25GD
3/3 Man Utd (H) 54pts +19GD
1/6 Everton 51pts +19GD
3/3 West Brom (H)
1/3 Southampton (A)
3/3 Watford (A)
0/3 Leicester (H)
4/6 Stoke
6/6 Bournemouth
6/6 Burnley
6/6 West Ham
3/3 Crystal Palace (H)
3/3 Hull (H)
6/6 Swansea
1/3 Middlesbrough (A)
6/6 Sunderland
Justified logic

Postby mr_nool » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:21 pm

We're bloody turning into Arsenal. Flat track bullies.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Justified logic » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:33 pm

mr_nool wrote:We're bloody turning into Arsenal. Flat track bullies.

Actually, I had thought of adding "Flat track bullies" as a footnote!
Justified logic

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:38 pm

Not to mention it is worryingly starting to look like our main (realistic) goal every season seems to be the wenger trophy.

FFS where did it all go wrong??
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:05 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:

Not to mention it is worryingly starting to look like our main (realistic) goal every season seems to be the wenger trophy.

FFS where did it all go wrong??

...the spafia

bring back the cookie monster !
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:35 pm

C-
carolina-blue

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:55 pm

Served cold, those stats make stark reading as they omit any qualifying factors.

I'm not sure what the expectations for City this season were on here, but I did think that the expectations of City fans I spoke to were far too high and the shite in the media was unsurprisingly sensationalist as usual.
That Pep was going to be an instant hti, walk away with League and change football in England was always abject nonsense as he himself stated.

His early statements were quite clear; "I am here to learn [about the Premier League and about City[, "I am not bothered about titles, I want [City] to play good football and do it well. If we do that, titles will come."
He also stated that last season that City were the oldest team in the League and that needed to be changed. We still remain one of the oldest.

If we take that as a starting point and understand that Pellergrini's title winning team was largely based on Mancini's and look at the ages of some of our stalwart players, we have to understand that this season was never going to be all conquering. It most definitely meant we were a team in transition, big transition, almost the whole team.
Looking ahead another 2 seasons from now, how many of last season,s squad could reliably be expected to be holding down a 1st team place?
Zaba, Kompany, Sagna Clichy, Otamendi, Kolarov, Yaya, Fernandinho,Silva, and some others all need to be replaced sometime in the quite near future.

Add to that a whole new way of playing, not just a simple way but one that requires the building of little triangles that constantly change,requiring players to constantly move position or stand still as the situation requires. New player positional requirements asking them to know when to move in, move out, up or back or simply stand still.

My thoughts were always that this was a season that could be largely written off in terms of honours won. That we are probably going to finish top four, still in the hunt for the FA Cup and went so far in the CL was as about as much as I felt I could hope for.

Flat track bullies according to the stark stats but really it shows our current level as a team in transition. We are still ahead of the pack but taking a dip, as we should really expect in our situation, compared to the top clubs.

The rags have been in transition for around 3yrs, Look what happened to them. L'Pool have been in transition since forever, look how we compare, Chelsea already had a squad that would serve them in the longer term before Pep took over, Arsenal I will leave to your own thoughts.

All things considered, I will accept what we got now but expect a huge improvement next season when we have sorted out our middle and defence.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:10 pm

Stick around John, you talk sense.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:17 pm

The reality is that getting this right is long term, longer than many would like. It will take two summers at least.
Next season we will improve but it will be 2018 / 2019 season before we really see significant improvement.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:40 pm

john68 wrote:Served cold, those stats make stark reading as they omit any qualifying factors.

I'm not sure what the expectations for City this season were on here, but I did think that the expectations of City fans I spoke to were far too high and the shite in the media was unsurprisingly sensationalist as usual.
That Pep was going to be an instant hti, walk away with League and change football in England was always abject nonsense as he himself stated.

His early statements were quite clear; "I am here to learn [about the Premier League and about City[, "I am not bothered about titles, I want [City] to play good football and do it well. If we do that, titles will come."
He also stated that last season that City were the oldest team in the League and that needed to be changed. We still remain one of the oldest.

If we take that as a starting point and understand that Pellergrini's title winning team was largely based on Mancini's and look at the ages of some of our stalwart players, we have to understand that this season was never going to be all conquering. It most definitely meant we were a team in transition, big transition, almost the whole team.
Looking ahead another 2 seasons from now, how many of last season,s squad could reliably be expected to be holding down a 1st team place?
Zaba, Kompany, Sagna Clichy, Otamendi, Kolarov, Yaya, Fernandinho,Silva, and some others all need to be replaced sometime in the quite near future.

Add to that a whole new way of playing, not just a simple way but one that requires the building of little triangles that constantly change,requiring players to constantly move position or stand still as the situation requires. New player positional requirements asking them to know when to move in, move out, up or back or simply stand still.

My thoughts were always that this was a season that could be largely written off in terms of honours won. That we are probably going to finish top four, still in the hunt for the FA Cup and went so far in the CL was as about as much as I felt I could hope for.

Flat track bullies according to the stark stats but really it shows our current level as a team in transition. We are still ahead of the pack but taking a dip, as we should really expect in our situation, compared to the top clubs.

The rags have been in transition for around 3yrs, Look what happened to them. L'Pool have been in transition since forever, look how we compare, Chelsea already had a squad that would serve them in the longer term before Pep took over, Arsenal I will leave to your own thoughts.

All things considered, I will accept what we got now but expect a huge improvement next season when we have sorted out our middle and defence.

Your far too sensible for this forum John !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dameerto » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:26 am

john68 wrote:Served cold, those stats make stark reading as they omit any qualifying factors.

Pretty much where I am really - in the thread about what the squad needed (from a few weeks back) I mentioned the 'attack' (Sane/Jesus/Sterling) seems to be a sign of how things are shaping for the squad - exciting young players with a long career ahead of them. When the defence (with fullbacks as a priority) and the midfield get a similar look we will be set for some progress and stability (I hope).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:24 am

City64 wrote:Too much info there .

WANK , there you go !

Smooth talking bastard...
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:29 am

Hazy2 wrote:
City64 wrote:Too much info there .

WANK , there you go !

Smooth talking bastard...

Straight to the point , why waste an hour of my life typing an essay ? :) :)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:45 pm

This is absolutely fantastic. Only a couple of days I said the only thing worse than being shafted by the officials is the aftermath in the media questioning why city always fall short in the big games.

And here's a thread dedicated to it.
It's like it never happened.

Re do that table based on fair officiating.

Because that's real.

And don't call the team shit for being cheated.

I bet some of you cunts also think we went out of the champions league because of what happened in monaco?
Original Dub

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum