New Year Wishes

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New Year Wishes

Postby Grandad Rosler » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:16 am

freshie wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Fans to grow a pair and get behind the manager and team.

Well this is the biggest problem facing us and the rot has already set in.

Given our resources, the magnificent job soriano continues to do to ensure ffp is a fart in the wind finally and the fact that we have a total winner and the best manager in the world running the show, I can't see what else could stop us.

Pep knows already the players he needs and won't be able able to get them in this window of course.

Some on here wouldn't even have us wait until then to get rid of him.

And we have shit loads of empty seats and thousands leaving early. I'm told this is a protest because of the terrible football we have to endure but I don't believe it for one second.

In short, I'm with you all the way. My new year wish is the very same as yours.

There was no excuse for fans leaving at around 80 mins in such a delicately poised match - shit fans

Nope. There are individual circumstances that mean sometimes it's a personal choice whether or not to go early.

As an example my Dad is disabled and likes to get a head start on the crowds as has no confidence walking through the masses.

Now we don't go at 80 but do go before the final whistle. Do we like doing it? No. Does that make longstanding season ticket (or any fans for that matter) automatically shit? Not in the slightest.

There will be those that try to head out before to beat traffic etc but so what? They have paid their cash to do whatever they wish. Surely the 40 thousand remaining can take us over the line

I genuinely don't get the deal that is made out of this issue.
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Re: New Year Wishes

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:27 am

Grandad Rosler wrote:
freshie wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Fans to grow a pair and get behind the manager and team.

Well this is the biggest problem facing us and the rot has already set in.

Given our resources, the magnificent job soriano continues to do to ensure ffp is a fart in the wind finally and the fact that we have a total winner and the best manager in the world running the show, I can't see what else could stop us.

Pep knows already the players he needs and won't be able able to get them in this window of course.

Some on here wouldn't even have us wait until then to get rid of him.

And we have shit loads of empty seats and thousands leaving early. I'm told this is a protest because of the terrible football we have to endure but I don't believe it for one second.

In short, I'm with you all the way. My new year wish is the very same as yours.

There was no excuse for fans leaving at around 80 mins in such a delicately poised match - shit fans

Nope. There are individual circumstances that mean sometimes it's a personal choice whether or not to go early.

As an example my Dad is disabled and likes to get a head start on the crowds as has no confidence walking through the masses.

Now we don't go at 80 but do go before the final whistle. Do we like doing it? No. Does that make longstanding season ticket (or any fans for that matter) automatically shit? Not in the slightest.

There will be those that try to head out before to beat traffic etc but so what? They have paid their cash to do whatever they wish. Surely the 40 thousand remaining can take us over the line

I genuinely don't get the deal that is made out of this issue.

Think that's the point, there is not 40k left, far from it. It is probably easier to leave after the full time whistle given the amount that "beat the traffic".

Each to their own, I fully appreciate your circumstances, however I just don't get why most make such an effort to attend these games then leave early particularly when the game is on a knife edge like yesterday. Just doesn't make sense to me.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum