The Knives Are Out .......

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Knives Are Out .......

Postby City64 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:31 pm

Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: The Knives Are Out .......

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:39 pm

To be fair, he out-Kolaroved Kolarov last night.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:49 pm

Good

This serbian cunt deserves all the flak he gets - absolute fake of a player who has cost us dear this season.

I blame PEP for playing the useless slow prick , what does it take to drop him? when we fall to 6th spot ? (we will be 5th after the arsenal match).
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby aaron bond » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:00 pm

As bad as Kolarov has been, he still seems to be Pep's favourite defender.

I'm still astounded how Pep thought going into a match with a back four of Zab-Otamendi-Stones-Kolarov was a good idea.

Clichy's legs have gone (like Zab's) but he's a better option at left back than Kolarov. And considering Sagna is the only good defender we have, I have no idea why he is on the bench so often.

Pep is making some huge mistakes at the moment but Txiki and the scouting team have to take some of the blame too. How we've ended up in such a state defensively despite all the heavy spending is quite remarkable.

I'd love us to try some youngsters in defence as there is no way they can be any worse than what we currently have. But we seem to be sending them out on loan to second tier clubs in Spain...
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:03 pm

aaron bond wrote:As bad as Kolarov has been, he still seems to be Pep's favourite defender.

I'm still astounded how Pep thought going into a match with a back four of Zab-Otamendi-Stones-Kolarov was a good idea.

Clichy's legs have gone (like Zab's) but he's a better option at left back than Kolarov. And considering Sagna is the only good defender we have, I have no idea why he is on the bench so often.

Pep is making some huge mistakes at the moment but Txiki and the scouting team have to take some of the blame too. How we've ended up in such a state defensively despite all the heavy spending is quite remarkable.

I'd love us to try some youngsters in defence as there is no way they can be any worse than what we currently have. But we seem to be sending them out on loan to second tier clubs in Spain...

txiki woodward
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:11 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Good

This serbian cunt deserves all the flak he gets - absolute fake of a player who has cost us dear this season.

I blame PEP for playing the useless slow prick , what does it take to drop him? when we fall to 6th spot ? (we will be 5th after the arsenal match).

He has cost us for SIX years.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:38 pm

This is a major gripe I have with Guardiola.

If 50,000 + fans can see Kolarev is Dog Shit, why cant he ?.Even worse he plays him every fucking week to the detriment of the team.

I know he is not particularly arsed about tackling, or winning 50 + 50 Balls. But basic defending, surely we need defenders who can defend, rather than a player who just a ping a decent pass once in a Blue Moon ( pun intended :-) ),

One has to assume Pep isn't that arsed about defenders. Might even explain our recruitment policy (lack of signing full backs).Point being he has better defensive options available (admittedly not that much better), but chooses to persist with a player week in week out who can’t defend.

If he Guardiola doesn't get his act together quickly, he will be a disaster in this League. It is he that needs to adapt not the players. It is about what is best for the team not Guardiloa ego, I know he thinks the Premier League is over rated. This isn't a 2 team Spanish League there is competition. You cant just walk on to the pitch like Harlem Globe Trotters and play a beautiful game, You have to earn a win. You need defenders, a decent Goal Keeper. At the moment he is managing City like a kid playing FIFA17, ignoring the basics.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Good

And he's replaced with...

"drumroll, please...."

**sfx** crickets
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby sheblue » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:06 pm

Funny thing is. The players are all better and capable of more than what we are seeing. Yes they are trying but is the level of hunger, sheer desire and determination what it should be? No its not. Giving 80% is not enough in the PL.
The players are far better quality than 5th place but they are not hungry for it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:51 pm

sheblue wrote:Funny thing is. The players are all better and capable of more than what we are seeing. Yes they are trying but is the level of hunger, sheer desire and determination what it should be? No its not. Giving 80% is not enough in the PL.
The players are far better quality than 5th place but they are not hungry for it.
I get the feeling some of the players are becoming disillusioned with the style they are being asked to play. I base this on nothing more than my own gut feeling.

We see Guardiola Shoe horn players like KDB, Silva, Sterling in to the side. Often they end up out of position out wide. We see Aguero often isolated up front. The defenders can’t adapt to this system that often leaves them over exposed. It simply isn’t working for a number of factors, some age related, others technical ability related. They must be getting as frustrated as the fans, Right now this is not the Blue Print for success.

How is it even possible to create so little with players like KDB,Silva,Sterling in the side, There has to be lack of effort from the players in some capacity that contributes to this. A partial of downing Tools.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:09 pm

Zabbadabbadoo - the same players seem to get disillusioned with every manager. I'm disillusioned with them.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Return to The Maine Football forum