***liverpool v pep's city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***liverpool v pep's city official match thread***

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:01 pm

IanWright wrote:I recall a decent game about 10 or 11 years back where anelka scored a goal for you at anfield. May well have been the equaliser. Finished 2-2. Good performance, good game

Anelka did equalise and then scored the winner 1-2 if my memory serves. He was a top player for us, Anelka.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby IanWright » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:03 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
IanWright wrote:I recall a decent game about 10 or 11 years back where anelka scored a goal for you at anfield. May well have been the equaliser. Finished 2-2. Good performance, good game

Anelka did equalise and then scored the winner 1-2 if my memory serves. He was a top player for us, Anelka.

That may well have been the game I was thinking of. 1981 seemed a long time ago with respect to your last win there!
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

Postby branny » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:02 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:

Schmeichel seniors farewell performance and probably up there with his best ever. As responsible for that win as Anelka was. Had we had Clownio Bravo in net it'd have been a cricket score.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:33 pm

IanWright wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

That may well have been the game I was thinking of. 1981 seemed a long time ago with respect to your last win there!

Drew 2-2 in '91 i think. Just before Xmas and when we signed McMahon. David White scored twice. Was on the Kop and cheered like an idiot at his second. Barely made a sound the rest of the game !
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby IanWright » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:43 pm

I think it just goes to show them up as the perennial game raisers they are. No matter how bad a season they're having, they'll always up it for the likes of Arsenal, yourselves, Manchester United.

This season is an exception for them as they appear to be taking the game to every team they face.
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:46 pm

IanWright wrote:I think it just goes to show them up as the perennial game raisers they are. No matter how bad a season they're having, they'll always up it for the likes of Arsenal, yourselves, Manchester United.

This season is an exception for them as they appear to be taking the game to every team they face.

Our recent record against the top 6 is fuckign disgusting overall.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
IanWright wrote:I think it just goes to show them up as the perennial game raisers they are. No matter how bad a season they're having, they'll always up it for the likes of Arsenal, yourselves, Manchester United.

Our recent record against the top 6 is fuckign disgusting overall.

it's fucking EMBARRASSING carl
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby s1ty m » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:33 pm

You are always a good poster on here, Ian. Just saying.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby IanWright » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:36 pm

s1ty m wrote:

You are always a good poster on here, Ian. Just saying.

Cheers pal :D
IanWright

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:11 pm

Well, didnt expect anything, we didn't get anything. At least with the scoreline it kept me going until the end.

Had a great night though, regardless. Happy New Year Blues and let's get back on track tomorrow.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:52 am

They certainly didn't take the game to us. There was only one team trying to make the play in that match. The dippers had one shot at goal in 90 minutes on their own turf - that a gift - and 11 men firmly behind the ball.

And against little City as well. How the mighty have fallen. Bob Paisley would never have resorted to such negative tactics.

Watching this shit week after week is like watching Greece v Portugal from 2004 every bloody Saturday afternoon. It's tedious in the extreme and it is not by any means City who are to blame.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:03 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:

They certainly didn't take the game to us. There was only one team trying to make the play in that match. The dippers had one shot at goal in 90 minutes on their own turf - that a gift - and 11 men firmly behind the ball.

And against little City as well. How the mighty have fallen. Bob Paisley would never have resorted to such negative tactics.

Watching this shit week after week is like watching Greece v Portugal from 2004 every bloody Saturday afternoon. It's tedious in the extreme and it is not by any means City who are to blame.

i think what you are referring to are commonly called 'tactics'
the best coaches change / tweak them depending on the opposition
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:10 am

Patronising twat.

For me the best coaches (and players) provide entertainment. Football is entertainment. Skill and goals.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:56 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

When was you voted best coach on the planet. Your posts are getting to the point where even you must think I am a Knob !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:34 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Now you're saying pep isn't one of the best coaches??

I thought it was the players?

You're a right odd one these days lad.
Original Dub

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:49 am

Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Now you're saying pep isn't one of the best coaches??

I thought it was the players?

You're a right odd one these days lad.

i made no reference to pep, dickhead
i said that klopp changed his usual tactics to get a result against us. read what's written instead of always trying to twist things
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:04 am

Oh I think we all know what you meant, you depressing wanker.
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:40 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Patronising twat.

For me the best coaches (and players) provide entertainment. Football is entertainment. Skill and goals.

One of the players (I forget who) said Guardiola works on the tactics (all week) that the opposition normally play only for them all to revert to longball defensive shit when they play us. That's why it's important for Pep to succeed here. Otherwise the practical trumps the beautiful and we can all fuck and watch the cricket in the future.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:17 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

One of the players (I forget who) said Guardiola works on the tactics (all week) that the opposition normally play only for them all to revert to longball defensive shit when they play us. That's why it's important for Pep to succeed here. Otherwise the practical trumps the beautiful and we can all fuck and watch the cricket in the future.

Spot on PD.

Just a question though, if I may; would that be all cricket, Test cricket, or just the 20/20 game ?? :? :roll:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:31 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

Cricket!!!

*gulp*

Sorry Doug.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum