***liverpool v pep's city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***liverpool v pep's city official match thread***

Postby Crossie » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:01 pm

Did he inherit the Bayern squad he wanted? No but he still won the league. He's doing worse than I expected. Look at the first 10 games and look at now, what's changed to make it so shit?
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby sheblue » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:02 pm

I am very disappointed with the level of performance tonight, and in performances in many of the previous games. But calling for pep to be sacked is pure madness. He wont be anyway.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby freshie » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:38 pm

Dub City wrote:
blues2win wrote:Silva had his moments in the second half. Anyone else? KdB Toure poor. Kolarov usual dreadful error. Aguero invisible. Roll on the Burnley match who just scored 4 although against Slumberland.

I thought Silva was shocking first half. In the main I think he has been poor since September and if Gundo hadn't of gotten injured I would have dropped him. Where was Nolito today? We look far more balanced with him on left than Silva or KDB

Are you for real? He's been the best signing we've made in the last decade and one of our best players this season. Don't ever take the lord's name in vain again!
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby freshie » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:44 pm

phips wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
s1ty m wrote:
phips wrote:so, so proud. we were so, so good and dominated the ball. Liverpool only had one shot on goal and didnt threaten in the second half. Aleks had one of the best left back performances I've seen.

That should do it Mods. Please dispose.

I thought it was us Yanks that don't get sarcasm?

They ain't very bright on here, generally.

apparently.

and apparently they dont read Pep's post-match comments either.

Coming from the thickest twat who posts on here? Haha! You fucking retard! Wit is like water off a duck's back to you
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:26 pm

We just don't edge these big games anymore which is really disappointing. How I would love us to 1-0 win over Liverpool. Sadly we don't have it in us. Clean sheets win you leagues, we are a million miles away wining anything and at this rate will be very lucky to scrap top 4.

Saying all that Pep needs time but in some quaters isn't being afforded that unlike Klipperty who seems he can never do any wrong. Really disappointed but trying to think more long term...
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby City64 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:51 pm

Sister of fu wrote:We just don't edge these big games anymore which is really disappointing. How I would love us to 1-0 win over Liverpool. Sadly we don't have it in us. Clean sheets win you leagues, we are a million miles away wining anything and at this rate will be very lucky to scrap top 4.

Saying all that Pep needs time but in some quaters isn't being afforded that unlike Klipperty who seems he can never do any wrong. Really disappointed but trying to think more long term...

And this is the very point Sis . We lack a cutting edge under Pep but have alawys had one under Mancini and Pellegrini and we cant keep clean sheets under Pep but we did under Mancini and relatively so under Pellegrini . In the cold light of day we are going backwards under Pep right now , yes he needs more time he has only been 6 months into the job but It is plain to see in recent weeks a lot is wrong and a lot needs to be put right !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby blues2win » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:12 pm

Milner said it was arguably Liverpool's worst performance of the season. Gift of a goal well taken, de Bruyne missed a decent chance in the second half. They were better in the first half, we were in the second half without a cutting edge. That's about it. Title was out of reach before the match and certainly is now. CL and top three preferably is what's left. I will judge Pep when he has the defence he wants which he certainly doesn't at the moment. It's been obvious we had aging past it full backs for ages. Plus the shitty CB buys. FFS. What the hell has Txiki been up to? Lucky to still be in a job
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby phips » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:12 pm

freshie wrote:
phips wrote:
Justified logic wrote:They ain't very bright on here, generally.

apparently.

and apparently they dont read Pep's post-match comments either.

Coming from the thickest twat who posts on here? Haha! You fucking retard! Wit is like water off a duck's back to you

oh, look who wasnt that far off after all....
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby phips » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:13 pm

Crossie wrote:Look at the first 10 games and look at now, what's changed to make it so shit?

careful broaching that subject. you might be accused of having an ulterior motive.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:04 am

Fuck off you boring twat
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:11 am

phips wrote:
Crossie wrote:Look at the first 10 games and look at now, what's changed to make it so shit?

careful broaching that subject. you might be accused of having an ulterior motive.

You sound very triumphant tonight.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:31 am

And still he's allowed on here.

Sign of the times
Original Dub

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:44 am

The Q of Pep is far too soon, we are in a rebuild season. Happy New Year, and be realistic, along with all the contenders we are miles of it, look at the table.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:39 am

Sister of fu wrote:We just don't edge these big games anymore which is really disappointing. How I would love us to 1-0 win over Liverpool. Sadly we don't have it in us. Clean sheets win you leagues, we are a million miles away wining anything and at this rate will be very lucky to scrap top 4.

One of the football cliches that is actually true.

Grinding consistently results from close contests like last night is really what wins you titles. Pep is kind of aiming for big wins every game but harsh reality is that sometimes we have off days and then we just need to get result of some sort by pure effort and solid defending. That idea escapes him completely.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dub City » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:02 am

freshie wrote:
Dub City wrote:
blues2win wrote:Silva had his moments in the second half. Anyone else? KdB Toure poor. Kolarov usual dreadful error. Aguero invisible. Roll on the Burnley match who just scored 4 although against Slumberland.

I thought Silva was shocking first half. In the main I think he has been poor since September and if Gundo hadn't of gotten injured I would have dropped him. Where was Nolito today? We look far more balanced with him on left than Silva or KDB

Are you for real? He's been the best signing we've made in the last decade and one of our best players this season. Don't ever take the lord's name in vain again!

Yes he has been an amazing player one of best I have ever seen but I don't think he is suited to playing left sided role anymore and don't think he has been as good this season as he has previously been.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:44 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:Well I thought the managers methods were shown to be successful. We totally dominated Liverpool at Anfield and they couldn't get the ball or create chances. That was down to Pep's passing system. The problem was individual cowardice, Sterling, stupidity , Kolarov , lack of physical well being, de Bruyne and ultimately Pep's stubborn refusal to hook the shadow that was Aguero for the inform Nacho. Over the next six months we will get rid of many of the culprits including I hope Fernandinho who will never make a holding mid as long as he's got a hole in his arse,and next season we will go there and murder them with the calm calculated football that Pep is bringing.

I would love that to happen but for us blues the stubborn bald fucker will struggle in this league,
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Crossie » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:04 am

Hello? We were contenders after the first 10 games, everyone was hard for it.

WHAT THE FUCK HAS HAPPENED SINCE THEN?

Celtic drew 3-3 with us and the wheels fell off, why????

Same unsettled defence, same fucking with the rest of the team but we used to win in those 10 games.

We've seen this issue countless times and it's always players not playing for the manager.
It's going to take a few windows to get the squad pep-ised.

We'll have to wait won't we because I can't see us sacking Pep after everything it took to get him.

One thing really pissing me off is his Mancini and Pellegrini like lack of young player involvement in anything that matters. In times like this, a couple of hungry youth players would really stand out by putting themselves right into the mix with pure effort.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby branny » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:31 am

sheblue wrote:I am very disappointed with the level of performance tonight, and in performances in many of the previous games. But calling for pep to be sacked is pure madness. He wont be anyway.

The last time we played well against Liverpool Milner scored for us. The last time we played well at Anfield was about 1981.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:41 pm

branny wrote:
sheblue wrote:I am very disappointed with the level of performance tonight, and in performances in many of the previous games. But calling for pep to be sacked is pure madness. He wont be anyway.

The last time we played well against Liverpool Milner scored for us. The last time we played well at Anfield was about 1981.

1-3 ; Hartford,Reeves,Grobelaar(og) ? (dunno who got theirs...)
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby IanWright » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:51 pm

I recall a decent game about 10 or 11 years back where anelka scored a goal for you at anfield. May well have been the equaliser. Finished 2-2. Good performance, good game
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum