***liverpool v pep's city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***liverpool v pep's city official match thread***

Postby s1ty m » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:40 pm

Justified logic wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
s1ty m wrote:
phips wrote:so, so proud. we were so, so good and dominated the ball. Liverpool only had one shot on goal and didnt threaten in the second half. Aleks had one of the best left back performances I've seen.

That should do it Mods. Please dispose.

Come on. Enough is fucking enough mods

I thought it was us Yanks that don't get sarcasm?

They ain't very bright on here, generally.

Bright enough ta very much.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Original Dub » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:41 pm

City64 wrote:Just fuck Phips off once and for all and we all can have a happy new year MODS !!!

It would certainly be a start
Original Dub

Postby Justified logic » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:46 pm

Well at least we didn't allow them a second shot on target.

Hasn't done Bravo's stats much good though.

#frightenedrabbit
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:48 pm

These players want Pep out.

He has lost the dressing room. He hasn't got a clue what to do.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby BrianF » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:49 pm

Awful display! Barely 1 shot on target from a team that used to pepper the opposition's goal.
BrianF
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:49 pm

Well I thought the managers methods were shown to be successful. We totally dominated Liverpool at Anfield and they couldn't get the ball or create chances. That was down to Pep's passing system. The problem was individual cowardice, Sterling, stupidity , Kolarov , lack of physical well being, de Bruyne and ultimately Pep's stubborn refusal to hook the shadow that was Aguero for the inform Nacho. Over the next six months we will get rid of many of the culprits including I hope Fernandinho who will never make a holding mid as long as he's got a hole in his arse,and next season we will go there and murder them with the calm calculated football that Pep is bringing.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby BookJunior » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:50 pm

It feels like we're back to the bad old days sacking and recruiting managers etc. I'm seriously pissed off and I think 3rd place behind Chelsea and Liverpool is the best we can hope. Caught between the same 2 stools as last season with Pellegrini.

We should be making UEFA squirm by winning the EPL every year.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Justified logic » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:51 pm

BrianF wrote:Awful display! Barely 1 shot on target from a team that used to pepper the opposition's goal.

But... But... They're playing the pep way.

Loving the passing it around at the back and then the long ball out to our tiny forwards by the way.

#AbsoluteShite
Last edited by Justified logic on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justified logic

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:51 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Well I thought the managers methods were shown to be successful. We totally dominated Liverpool at Anfield and they couldn't get the ball or create chances. That was down to Pep's passing system. The problem was individual cowardice, Sterling, stupidity , Kolarov , lack of physical well being, de Bruyne and ultimately Pep's stubborn refusal to hook the shadow that was Aguero for the inform Nacho. Over the next six months we will get rid of many of the culprits including I hope Fernandinho who will never make a holding mid as long as he's got a hole in his arse,and next season we will go there and murder them with the calm calculated football that Pep is bringing.

Jeez I thought I was being provocative but that takes the cake, Yaya's cake even.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:52 pm

BookJunior wrote:It feels like we're back to the bad old days sacking and recruiting managers etc. I'm seriously pissed off and I think 3rd place behind Chelsea and Liverpool is the best we can hope. Caught between the same 2 stools as last season with Pellegrini.

Pep is guaranteed to be given at least three years if we are making it to CL. We need to give him time to work his magic on squad. At the same time he needs to realise this is Premier League and start planning accordingly.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Justified logic » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:54 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
BookJunior wrote:It feels like we're back to the bad old days sacking and recruiting managers etc. I'm seriously pissed off and I think 3rd place behind Chelsea and Liverpool is the best we can hope. Caught between the same 2 stools as last season with Pellegrini.

Pep is guaranteed to be given at least three years if we are making it to CL. We need to give him time to work his magic on squad. At the same time he needs to realise this is Premier League and start planning accordingly.

Magic mushrooms?
Justified logic

Postby Original Dub » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:55 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Well I thought the managers methods were shown to be successful. We totally dominated Liverpool at Anfield and they couldn't get the ball or create chances. That was down to Pep's passing system. The problem was individual cowardice, Sterling, stupidity , Kolarov , lack of physical well being, de Bruyne and ultimately Pep's stubborn refusal to hook the shadow that was Aguero for the inform Nacho. Over the next six months we will get rid of many of the culprits including I hope Fernandinho who will never make a holding mid as long as he's got a hole in his arse,and next season we will go there and murder them with the calm calculated football that Pep is bringing.

There's a few want pep gone before having an important summer transfer window.
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:55 pm

There goes the night.
Pretty predictable from the moment Kolarov gave the ball away and they scored on the break.
We offered nothing although we had the lions share of possession.
We got on top but never looked threatening. These players are not the ones who can play the way Pep wants.
Some have quite a few of the qualities he wants, but not everything and too many are no where near what he wants.

Our back four are either past it or always were poor.
Liverpool looked every bit as nervy as us.
I watched with two Pool fans who thought they were dreadful, but still we didn't trouble their keeper.
It just all looked so familiar and inevitable.

Oh and I'm starting to agree about Phips.
Totally unnecessary crap. That's not sarcasm, it purely to provoke.

Whether he should be banned or not however, I'm not really bothered.

That's me done for a while.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:57 pm

Bollocks, He is a so called expert . He doesn't need any time at all.

If he can't cut it with the resources we have available,then he should be shown the door.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Original Dub » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:58 pm

Justified logic wrote:

Magic mushrooms?

Why do you want pep fired now?
Original Dub

Postby phips » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:59 pm

Justified logic wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
s1ty m wrote:
phips wrote:so, so proud. we were so, so good and dominated the ball. Liverpool only had one shot on goal and didnt threaten in the second half. Aleks had one of the best left back performances I've seen.

That should do it Mods. Please dispose.

Come on. Enough is fucking enough mods

I thought it was us Yanks that don't get sarcasm?

They ain't very bright on here, generally.

apparently.

and apparently they dont read Pep's post-match comments either.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby PaulieIrish » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:59 pm

Worrying thing is we will most likely be 5th in the league after Arse and Spurs play, with Utd only 3 points behind us.

Bench today was very, very light. Defence is light no matter who plays there. And none of our superstars performed.

I really thought that we had a good chance to get something from the game, especially in the second half when Liverpool looked tired and we were getting a lot more space. But we created very little. Same old problems of not being able to break down 10 men behind the ball.

And our defence must be a joy to play against. Chance are if you get a shot on target, you score. Anything not directly at Bravo and its in.

A right mess at the moment, and no signs that things are gonna improve any time soon. Worst state I can remember a City side being in for some time.

For me, this season is about securing a top 4 place somehow. Rebuild in the summer.
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:02 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Magic mushrooms?

I'm kind of confused as well. I mean I have vocally asked for managers to be sacked in the past but I ALWAYS had suggestions of who to replace them with. For example in Hughes case i was hoping for Mancini which eventually and luckily did happen. However where would we fo from Pep? I honestly can't think of anyone better. If he hasn't figired this shit out in couple of years then yeah, it might be time but it's way WAY early to even consider that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:06 pm

It's mind blowing but there is definitely a few on here calling for his head.

This lad seems the most vocal. But at least he's admitting it. There's a few others hinting at it but not coming out and saying it.

Sad times
Original Dub

Postby Tony P » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:12 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Magic mushrooms?

I'm kind of confused as well. I mean I have vocally asked for managers to be sacked in the past but I ALWAYS had suggestions of who to replace them with. For example in Hughes case i was hoping for Mancini which eventually and luckily did happen. However where would we fo from Pep? I honestly can't think of anyone better. If he hasn't figired this shit out in couple of years then yeah, it might be time but it's way WAY early to even consider that.

And we've just missed out on BFS!
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum