Lawro and degenerate New Year Predictions v Liverpool (A)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro and degenerate New Year Predictions v Liverpool (A)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:44 am

Lawro is getting splinters with this one, whilst DG is back to his best inane mumbling (I think Gazza would make more sense)

Lawro's opponents for the fixtures on Friday, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day are El-P and Killer Mike, aka American hip-hop duo Run The Jewels.
El-P and Killer Mike say taking on Lawro is a "proud moment" for them. They obviously don't get out much!

Lawro says

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38383513

I always feel with Manchester City going into games like this that their big players will produce.

Yaya Toure is one of those big players who has hit some form and I think he will play a big part for them at Anfield.

I still think City will concede, because I cannot see them keeping a clean sheet against Liverpool no matter whether they play with four at the back - which seems to work best for them - or three.

So I am going for a draw. We know how good Liverpool are going forward, but I think City will pose a threat too.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

RTJ's prediction: 1-2

Merson says

You didn't see City's 3-0 win over Hull coming after 60 minutes, and I don't see how they can live with Liverpool's attack. I think Liverpool will win quite comfortably.

City have world-class players but for me, I don't think they know what they're doing. I look at them and I think they're just waiting for something to happen and if Liverpool go in front, I think they will run away with it.

Forget the last 20 minutes against Hull, before that it was average from City. If you play like that against Liverpool, the game will be over by then. They don't look comfortable.

Liverpool go out and attack and they can score bundles of goals. The defenders at City aren't good enough - he's left out John Stones and the others haven't been as bad. For me, I don't see anything but a Liverpool win.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-1 (16/1 with Sky Bet)

you can always rely of the crackhead to leave you wondering WTF he is on about.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro and degenerate New Year Predictions v Liverpool (A

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:51 am

I didn't see 0-3 coming after 60 minutes against Hull but I was confident we'd win and we won't play like that against Liverpool because they'll actually play football, not sit deep and hit the big man. Completely different type of game and drawing any conclusions from that one to predict the outcome of this one is just absurd but hardly surprising as the crackhead excels at the absurd.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:47 pm

See where DC is coming from to be honest. I mentioned about the big name players all waiting for someone to step up v Hull in the match thread. And IF we play as poorly as we did first half it could be game over like the home game last year.

That said, I concur with Lawro in that it will be a tight affair and both sides will get on the scoresheet. As with the Arsenal game, any one of the three possible outcomes is likely. Just hope the match officials don't give the game to the dippers like against Chelsea
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:09 pm

Why would we forget the last 20 minutes, a game lasts for 90 not 70.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:20 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Why would we forget the last 20 minutes, a game lasts for 90 not 70.

The game might last for 90 minutes but the contest can be over way before then. Obviously the Hull game wasn't but as an example the home game v the dippers last season as a contest was arguably over by half time.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Why would we forget the last 20 minutes, a game lasts for 90 not 70.

The game might last for 90 minutes but the contest can be over way before then. Obviously the Hull game wasn't but as an example the home game v the dippers last season as a contest was arguably over by half time.

Fair enough but if there's any part of that Hull game that will bear any sort of resemblance to tomorrow's game it's more likely to be the last twenty than the first seventy. Like I said earlier Liverpool will not sit deep so we will have space to play, like we did in the last twenty against Hull after we got the opener.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:32 pm

Forget the last 20 minutes against Hull? Next he'll be saying forget about the whole game against Arsenal, it was a 'fake' result.

Dickhead!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PrezIke » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:09 am

I know El-P from back in the day, btw, as I used to go to the same summer camp as he and his sister, Sarah, who I later went to uni with. I also used to play a lot of his previous group's records (Company Flow) on my radio show there as their label also used to hook me with records up whilst they driving past us in "Upstate" New York state to other gigs, and happened to hear my show.

Anyway, not at all sure what they would know at all about football but I like that the predicted us to win. :)

3-3 for me, unfortunately.

Both of us struggle to keep the ball out of our net.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Justified logic » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:05 am

They will test Bravo. We'll try to test their useless goalie. Nevertheless, I predict a shock outcome: 1-2 :D
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum