Transfer Funds

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Transfer Funds

Postby sniffer » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:39 pm

I know money is not a real issue to our owner but it would be good to finally get some money in from sales of the loaned out players and wages saved.On that note what is happening with Bony both at Stoke and rumours of China move????
sniffer
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Re: Transfer Funds

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Bony is what I would call sunk cost. Absolutely terrible piece of "business". There is no one on this planet who wold pay for his services and we should just try and cut some deal with him on unpaid wages and let him go.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:20 pm

sniffer wrote:I know money is not a real issue to our owner but it would be good to finally get some money in from sales of the loaned out players and wages saved.On that note what is happening with Bony both at Stoke and rumours of China move????

From what I”ve heard a while back, Bony has a weird clause in his contract. If he is going to China, he is going for free.

Mad if so.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:02 pm

PeterParker wrote:
sniffer wrote:I know money is not a real issue to our owner but it would be good to finally get some money in from sales of the loaned out players and wages saved.On that note what is happening with Bony both at Stoke and rumours of China move????

From what I”ve heard a while back, Bony has a weird clause in his contract. If he is going to China, he is going for free.

Mad if so.

That's why he played like he didn't give a fuck for us then , proper useless cunt bigtime !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Scatman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:44 pm

PeterParker wrote:

Mad if so.

Strange that no Chinese side has offered us nothing for him yet.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Scatman wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Mad if so.

the chinese are very clever people
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:54 pm

PeterParker wrote:

Mad if so.

Didn't hear this one but I did hear Hughes saying that he believes there's a clause in the loan deal that if a Chinese club comes in for Bony in January that we can cut the loan deal short and sell him. Hughes seemed sure he could convince Bony to remain at Stoke.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:01 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Mad if so.

Didn't hear this one but I did hear Hughes saying that he believes there's a clause in the loan deal that if a Chinese club comes in for Bony in January that we can cut the loan deal short and sell him. Hughes seemed sure he could convince Bony to remain at Stoke.

you didn't hear it because it's bull shit. your summary is correct.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby sniffer » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:41 pm

Well I hoped he would do OK at Stoke and improve our chances of selling but that now seems unlikely as he is not getting picked for them
sniffer

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:00 pm

sniffer wrote:Well I hoped he would do OK at Stoke and improve our chances of selling but that now seems unlikely as he is not getting picked for them

It could be just coincidence but he hasn't started for them since Hughes spoke about that clause, having been a regular starter before that.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:18 am

Is it just me that doesn't care? As long as they're not racking up debt that could harm us later I'm happy to let them decide what to spend.

If I wanted to balance books I'd support arsenal :lol:
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:08 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Scatman wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Mad if so.

Indeed, lulling us into a false sense of security before pouncing with a bid of £00:00.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:19 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Scatman wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Mad if so.

Indeed, lulling us into a false sense of security before pouncing with a bid of £00:00.

they wouldn't take him for nothing
they are holding out for us to subsidise his 500k wages
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:06 am

I was going to let this slide but I'm sorry I have to pull you up on this, money may not be an issue to our owner but it is to Manchester City, FFP is still very much in play so money is a major issue.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby aaron bond » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:06 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

I was going to let this slide but I'm sorry I have to pull you up on this, money may not be an issue to our owner but it is to Manchester City, FFP is still very much in play so money is a major issue.

Agreed.

Plus our owner's plan was always to turn a profit. The huge investment was focused on the first few years, but was not meant to be never ending.

We can still afford to spend large sums on players but that is because we have significantly increased our revenue.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby sniffer » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:29 pm

Good point I fully understand that. It just seems every player we are linked with attracts a massive transfer fee. We would need to sell Bony, Nasri, Hart, Denyar and Mangala prob to buy one. Terrible situation but at least only one wage.
sniffer

Postby john@staustell » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:52 pm

We get loads of dosh each year from loan fees and smaller transfers.

Also it doesn't work like that anymore. If we were to buy a £100m player it amortises at £20m per year. Peeing in the wind these days. It's all about covering your annual wages and fees etc with revenues
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum