next: liverpool (a)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: next: liverpool (a)

Postby phips » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:14 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:sounds like no Stones. another clean sheet coming?

We've had seven clean sheets in all comps this season, Stones has played in 6 of them 7 and started 4 of them.

i guess youre counting the Hull match...

we were shipping goals prior to Stones being benched. then clean sheets. obviously it could be coincidental and/or a product of the clubs we've faced recently. or it could be because Stones hasn't been that good. or some other reason.

either way, it sounds like he actually might be starting now.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:21 pm

phips wrote:

We've had seven clean sheets in all comps this season, Stones has played in 6 of them 7 and started 4 of them.

we were shipping goals prior to Stones being benched. then clean sheets. obviously it could be coincidental and/or a product of the clubs we've faced recently. or it could be because Stones hasn't been that good. or some other reason.

Of course I'm counting the Hull match, why wouldn't I?

Actually I'm mistaken above, he's started 5 of the 7 in which we've kept a clean sheet.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:53 pm

phips wrote:

Or maybe a change to our defensive formation; back 4?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PrezIke » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:34 am

What's our plan to be to cope with their pressing? Press them as Pep likes?

Question is whether its wise for Yaya to start this one, although he has been working harder, yet he could leave us vulnerable.

However, he can keep the ball better than anyone in the team, so maybe I'm wrong.

We have to play with intelligence and ideally dominate the midfield where we should be better.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:02 am

The Scousers amplify the sound, it appears to be a great atmosphere with the B.S theme tune turned up to get them at it.
The scum got a draw when they were at there worst this season and could have nicked it,

Score first and get at Milner, such a pity Sane is not playing. Over the years we have frozen or the likes of Clatenburg have
Blatantly cheated us. Pep v Klopp I take Pep if Kun can take his chances, I hop we get a fair ref and no dramas.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Woodyblue » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:47 am

BT or Sky? What's the betting that we will have to endure " You'll never mourn alone" from start to finish? So perfect time to mute the sound and get my first lager. If we just boss them in the first 20 mins we can do this. Like many on here I believe midfield is key. Ya Ya could be massive in this game.
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:59 am

Woodyblue wrote:BT or Sky? What's the betting that we will have to endure " You'll never mourn alone" from start to finish? So perfect time to mute the sound and get my first lager. If we just boss them in the first 20 mins we can do this. Like many on here I believe midfield is key. Ya Ya could be massive in this game.

yep the last city fans coming in should cover the satellite dishes with tin foil or something during that dreadful song. It can't be that difficult to zap those high frequency transponders surely.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:22 am

Woodyblue wrote:BT or Sky? What's the betting that we will have to endure " You'll never mourn alone" from start to finish? So perfect time to mute the sound and get my first lager. If we just boss them in the first 20 mins we can do this. Like many on here I believe midfield is key. Ya Ya could be massive in this game.

Yaya owes them one after their cheering when he got injured.

I think Yaya is key to this game, recycling the ball and looking for those killer passes. However, playing Yaya will give Fernandinho lot of work to do and I'm hoping the set-up takes his lack of defensive qualities into account, ie. Silva, Sterling and KdB working their bollocks off to close down the space. I'd even want to see Sergio in there rather than standing on his own, up front or on the left.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Woodyblue » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:43 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

Yaya owes them one after their cheering when he got injured.

I think Yaya is key to this game, recycling the ball and looking for those killer passes. However, playing Yaya will give Fernandinho lot of work to do and I'm hoping the set-up takes his lack of defensive qualities into account, ie. Silva, Sterling and KdB working their bollocks off to close down the space. I'd even want to see Sergio in there rather than standing on his own, up front or on the left.

Yep, totally. You would hope that all our players will know what's required. The problem is, as we know it's who turns up on the day and how they adapt to the system Pep puts into place. Our defence, whoever plays needs more aggression and Otamendi needs to stay on his feet in tackles or this is the game he could get sent off or concede a pen or both.
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby City64 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:05 am

We need to score the first goal the game will become wide open then and we will have a chance of scoring more , The bin dippin cunts are wary of us and know we have great players who can hurt them its just all the other stuff that will be going on as everytime we play there the ref is hugely controversial (again) same old shit and we wont get a pen or fuck all and half our players will on yellows by half time . Oh and BT will be beyond fucking bias with a panel full of scouse cunts .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:06 am

City64 wrote:We need to score the first goal the game will become wide open then and we will have a chance of scoring more , The bin dippin cunts are wary of us and know we have great players who can hurt them its just all the other stuff that will be going on as everytime we play there the ref is hugely controversial (again) same old shit and we wont get a pen or fuck all and half our players will on yellows by half time . Oh and BT will be beyond fucking bias with a panel full of scouse cunts .

Any stonewalls to us will be given aa a yellow for diving, there's not a chance in hell we'll get anything at Klanfield. 50/50s will only go one way and if there's a sniff of us breaking, the advantage won't be played, instead bringing the play back before deciding it's a Dipper FK. And, as mentioned, any sort of 2 footed lunge will be met with a red, that is, if the player is in Blue. In Red it will nenientky overlooked.

The above is my main reason for pessimism, as every time we go near them we'll be dealt with under the new regulations. You know the ones, them that are kept solely for the purpose of fuckimg us over.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gmercer1 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:09 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:We need to score the first goal the game will become wide open then and we will have a chance of scoring more , The bin dippin cunts are wary of us and know we have great players who can hurt them its just all the other stuff that will be going on as everytime we play there the ref is hugely controversial (again) same old shit and we wont get a pen or fuck all and half our players will on yellows by half time . Oh and BT will be beyond fucking bias with a panel full of scouse cunts .

Any stonewalls to us will be given aa a yellow for diving, there's not a chance in hell we'll get anything at Klanfield. 50/50s will only go one way and if there's a sniff of us breaking, the advantage won't be played, instead bringing the play back before deciding it's a Dipper FK. And, as mentioned, any sort of 2 footed lunge will be met with a red, that is, if the player is in Blue. In Red it will nenientky overlooked.

The above is my main reason for pessimism, as every time we go near them we'll be dealt with under the new regulations. You know the ones, them that are kept solely for the purpose of fuckimg us over.

It's going to be sickening
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:27 am

Chortle.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:29 am

gmercer1 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

It's going to be sickening

It is. But we've beaten the refs in the past and we can do it against this shower of shit.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:49 am

Hacking the Scouse cunts playlist would be a good Start to the proceedings, scoring 1st the 2nd giving the ref hell for his dodgy performance would be the third and as we win. Centre circle Salute the 4th to the vermin cunts!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:42 pm

hate this fixture more than any other, derby included.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby dick dastardley » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:42 pm

Hate the scousers more than any other team, with their shite songs at anfailed, salt of the earth shit.
Sky and BT wankathon in the build up, klopp best manger since ferguscum blah blah
Fuck off you scouse bastards and plummet, as for milner I hope he breaks a fucking leg after his antics when he plays us.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Justified logic » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:48 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

I'm lighting a candle for you even as I type pal. ;)
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:23 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Hate the scousers more than any other team, with their shite songs at anfailed, salt of the earth shit.
Sky and BT wankathon in the build up, klopp best manger since ferguscum blah blah
Fuck off you scouse bastards and plummet, as for milner I hope he breaks a fucking leg after his antics when he plays us.

He's a square-headed cunt.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby budfox » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:47 pm

Given the venue I assume we'll be having a minute's silence for each of the following:

Princess Leia
Princess Leia's mum
Prince
However many died at Hillsborough
David Bowie
George Michael
That old bird from The Royal Family
Lennon
Tarbuck (even though he's still alive)
Cilla Black
and of course the darling of Bin Dipper Comedy, Carla Lane.

That lot should take the heat out of the atmosphere, hopefully setting things up nicely for a Serg brace in the first 10 minutes.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum