next: liverpool (a)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

next: liverpool (a)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:32 pm

3 back to back wins but only about 60 (tops) mins of convincing football in those 270 mins.
need to be on our a game for the full 90 on saturday or else we'll be in for an arse pumping.
a refreshed kun and fern1 back in contention will make pep's selection interesting. will yaya keep his place? how many and who do we play at the back.
if everything 'clicks' we'll do well but if it doesn't....
i'd take a draw now.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: next: liverpool (a)

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:46 pm

When was the last time we won there?

Expecting absolutely nothing as even if we're the better team it always seems that we don't get the decisions, it's like playing against the Harlem Globetrotters, without them being that good.

However, if anybody can do then Pep can. A lot have said our current run of wins hasn't been inspiring, for one reason or another, but for me it's how we should be playing at this moment in time and it's paid dividends. A more compact defensive system chokes the threat of the opposition and our midfield and offensive approach allows for controlling the game, forcing the opportunity to chase and be on the back foot. The latter cannot be underestimated as the game goes into the final third. Players get physically and mentally drained, not being in control really does take its toll.

So, not expecting anything but if Pep and the team can pull it off, I'll be ecstatic.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:49 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:3 back to back wins but only about 60 (tops) mins of convincing football in those 270 mins.
need to be on our a game for the full 90 on saturday or else we'll be in for an arse pumping.
a refreshed kun and fern1 back in contention will make pep's selection interesting. will yaya keep his place? how many and who do we play at the back.
i'd take a draw now.

Absolutely take a draw. That shithole has been a graveyard for us over the years. Every year i think this is the year to change that and every year we either get fucked over by the officials or we just get the tactics horribly wrong, leading to another year without a win.

They are formidable at home and this along with Chelsea and Arsenal away is our most difficult fixture of recent times
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Expecting the ref to be a major concern for this game, whoever he is.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:12 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Expecting the ref to be a major concern for this game, whoever he is.

Craig Pawson mate. A Sky 4 licker who failed to send Rojo off.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:31 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:3 back to back wins but only about 60 (tops) mins of convincing football in those 270 mins.
i'd take a draw now.

You think we only played 60 mins of convincing football over three matches.

Would you mind telling the rest of the class how many of those were against arsenal?

This should be fascinating.
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:35 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Expecting the ref to be a major concern for this game, whoever he is.

Craig Pawson mate. A Sky 4 licker who failed to send Rojo off.

That there is a big factor in the result already
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:43 pm

We are right up against it , our diabolical defence and keeper in that bear pit doesn't bode well plus we always get shafted by officials there so theoretically we are playing v 12 plus the thieving self pitying bin dipping screaming candle lighting scouse work shy cunts !!! Sky and BT and the BBC have already made a home win a foregone conclusion , Klopp is the new Merseyside messiah so all in all what is the fucking point of us even turning up ???

Oh wait if we somehow find a performance and score at least 2 goals it sets up the rest of the PL season very nicely for us with only the Emirates and Stamford bridge to visit away ................
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:
i'd take a draw now.

Would you mind telling the rest of the class how many of those were against arsenal?

15 mins first half v Arsenal then a brilliant 45 mins second half , oh and for 60 mins we absolutely battered Chelsea even with a bent rag ref doing his best to stop that happening . Won ugly v Watford which is never bad as long as you win of course :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:49 pm

Oh stop it right now you pussies.

Easy win , with nacho starting because kun can't be trusted to stay on the pitch.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:50 pm

Original Dub wrote:
i'd take a draw now.

60 mins at a level that would beat liverpool. arsenal were an embarrassment for large parts of the game against us.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby City64 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:55 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
i'd take a draw now.

60 mins at a level that would beat liverpool. arsenal were an embarrassment for large parts of the game against us.

We played very very well v Arsenal second half and fought for everything making Arsenal look average which they aren't ! Get your act together Mr Tackle ffs !!! :lol: :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:58 pm

City64 wrote:We are right up against it , our diabolical defence and keeper in that bear pit doesn't bode well plus we always get shafted by officials there so theoretically we are playing v 12 plus the thieving self pitying bin dipping screaming candle lighting scouse work shy cunts !!! Sky and BT and the BBC have already made a home win a foregone conclusion , Klopp is the new Merseyside messiah so all in all what is the fucking point of us even turning up ???

Oh wait if we somehow find a performance and score at least 2 goals it sets up the rest of the PL season very nicely for us with only the Emirates and Stamford bridge to visit away ................

Last 3 games, win all, scored 7, conceded 1. Since the change of formation/tactics we haven't been as bad as feared. Yes, they've had chances but how many teams don't. Knowing that you'll only get a couple of chances puts pressure on the team to score them, as seen recently when clear cuts are put over or side of the goal.

I'm a little more confident with our current set-up and as previously mentioned, not expecting anything due to the officials/Klanfield hoodoo.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:01 pm

City64 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
i'd take a draw now.

We played very very well v Arsenal second half and fought for everything making Arsenal look average which they aren't ! Get your act together Mr Tackle ffs !!! :lol: :lol:

not saying we didn't play well. saying that liverpool will be a very different kettle of fish. they won't crawl under a stone like arsenal did when the going got tough.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby zuricity » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:03 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
City64 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
i'd take a draw now.

not saying we didn't play well. saying that liverpool will be a very different kettle of fish. they won't crawl under a stone like arsenal did when the going got tough.

Yes they will . Goalie Parry to Crouch ( him being a midget) and it was 2-0 and game over.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:06 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
City64 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
i'd take a draw now.

True , we need to score first pal , if the the bin dipping cunts score first it will be very very difficult . I will take a draw now .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:24 pm

If we concede less than three I will be pleasantly surprised. Their defence is also poor so that doesn't mean we can't win but I'm guessing 4-2 to dippers
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:28 pm

Am I the only who is expexting for us to play 3 at the back get pumped and lose at least one player to suspension and 1 to injury before the press rip us to shreds?

Cannot seem to get out the mindset this is gonna be a bad one for us.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:48 pm

Due a win at Candle-Scouse-Park
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:15 pm

Hard not to think a draw is a good result especially with our defensive frailties but we have seen change since the Leicester game. It fully dawned on Pep ( I hope) that 3 at the back isn't the way to go and as far as possible keep a settled back 4.

Arsenal had very few chances,same with Watford and Hull virtually didn't get at us at all. Of course Liverpool are a different story but if we are setting up better and Pep has got this second ball stuff go we do have a sniff. The real key though , as ever, is scoring goals when we create great chances.It's time for KDB to get the goals he has been nearly getting in recent games.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum