next: liverpool (a)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: next: liverpool (a)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:19 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Expecting the ref to be a major concern for this game, whoever he is.

Craig Pawson mate. A Sky 4 licker who failed to send Rojo off.

That's us fucked.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:24 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Expecting the ref to be a major concern for this game, whoever he is.

Craig Pawson mate. A Sky 4 licker who failed to send Rojo off.

That's us fucked.

Mistake followed by mistake yet PiGMOL don't take him out of the firing line, even though Webb and Hackett say he shouldn't be taking on such an important game. He's obviously doing something right and has been awarded for his indescretions.

Or me, the guy tow's the line.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:14 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:3 back to back wins but only about 60 (tops) mins of convincing football in those 270 mins.
need to be on our a game for the full 90 on saturday or else we'll be in for an arse pumping.
a refreshed kun and fern1 back in contention will make pep's selection interesting. will yaya keep his place? how many and who do we play at the back.
if everything 'clicks' we'll do well but if it doesn't....
i'd take a draw now.

You think we only played 60 mins of convincing football over three matches.

Would you mind telling the rest of the class how many of those were against arsenal?

This should be fascinating.

60 mins at a level that would beat liverpool. arsenal were an embarrassment for large parts of the game against us.

Don't dodge the question...
Original Dub

Postby phips » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:39 am

seems like both clubs' defenses & keeps are equally poor so they're a wash. that leaves the clubs' attack and you have to say Liverpool gets the edge there.

going to be a nervy match.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:55 am

We are well capable of winning this.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:10 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:We are well capable of winning this.

Indeed. So much waffle worrying about them , instead of what we can do.Two ferds in the middle and kdb , merlin and a striker. Push Yaya up too. Four at the back, any four , they are all crap.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:17 am

zuricity wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:We are well capable of winning this.

Indeed. So much waffle worrying about them , instead of what we can do.Two ferds in the middle and kdb , merlin and a striker. Push Yaya up too. Four at the back, any four , they are all crap.

This made me laugh out loud legit.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john@staustell » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:29 am

I predict 4 or 5 - 1. Unfortunately I can't predict a winner.

In our favour is that they will come out and be open. In their favour is that we could be 3-0 down again before we wake up. They will try and blow us away
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby sheblue » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:45 am

Pep was there last night having a look at them. We must have a sensible approach. 4 at the back and play a striker. Do that and play well we have every chance. But a draw would not be a bad result but we're good enough to win.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby everyonehatesus » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:53 am

I hope the lads take a ton of lube, their going to get proper fucked I fear. The dippers high energy in the first 30 mins will have our back line all over the shop like a bunch of 6 year olds on a bouncy castle. As for bravo, god only knows how fucking shite he could be.
If by some miracle we get through that period unscathed then there's hope but I cant see.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:13 am

If whoever plays at the back is solid and doesn't fuck about they will do well. If kun is clinical up top he will bag a few. Their defence is worse than ours and there for the taking. Stoke could and should have been out of sight by 30 mins last night. We need to get straight into them and not fanny around with tiki taka bollocks. Get some blood and thunder going on and put lallana into the 3rd row with the 1st 50/50 opportunity as he has been excellent for them this season. Their best player by far imo as their little magician is crocked.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:16 am

Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:3 back to back wins but only about 60 (tops) mins of convincing football in those 270 mins.
need to be on our a game for the full 90 on saturday or else we'll be in for an arse pumping.
a refreshed kun and fern1 back in contention will make pep's selection interesting. will yaya keep his place? how many and who do we play at the back.
i'd take a draw now.

Would you mind telling the rest of the class how many of those were against arsenal?

60 mins at a level that would beat liverpool. arsenal were an embarrassment for large parts of the game against us.

hardly dodging the question. stringing together 400 meaningless passes doesn't constitute playing well.
especially against a notoriously lilly livered team like arsenal.
How well do you think we have played in the last 3 games and do you think that we have performed to a level that would see us beating liverpool at klanfield?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:27 am

I have just seen the pep was at an field last night to watch and get a first hand view of what to expect. Good. I like to see that he is putting the hours in.

I hope Raheem is up for this and doesn't go into hiding when the venom gets rolling off their forked tongues.

My lad is going to this on his own as I didn't get a ticket, which is hopefully a good omen as every game he has been away without me, we have won. Albeit they were not top 4 teams.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:37 am

everyonehatesus wrote:I hope the lads take a ton of lube, their going to get proper fucked I fear. The dippers high energy in the first 30 mins will have our back line all over the shop like a bunch of 6 year olds on a bouncy castle. As for bravo, god only knows how fucking shite he could be.
If by some miracle we get through that period unscathed then there's hope but I cant see.

What a terrific description. :) ......hope it doesn't turn out that way.

I wonder who Pep will actually play in the back four, always presupposing we play with one one..........surely he won't revert to a back three, which might not be the wisest option to take ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:02 am

everyonehatesus wrote:I hope the lads take a ton of lube, their going to get proper fucked I fear. The dippers high energy in the first 30 mins will have our back line all over the shop like a bunch of 6 year olds on a bouncy castle. As for bravo, god only knows how fucking shite he could be.

As for the first 30 mins, if we keep our heads and pass through their lines we could easily be 3 or 4 up by then. It's the ref that'll beat us not this shower of shit.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:30 pm

whatever happens I hope that twat milner gets laid out.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Original Dub » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:02 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
i'd take a draw now.

hardly dodging the question. stringing together 400 meaningless passes doesn't constitute playing well.
especially against a notoriously lilly livered team like arsenal.
How well do you think we have played in the last 3 games and do you think that we have performed to a level that would see us beating liverpool at klanfield?

Well, you said we played a maximum of 60 mins convincing football over 3 matches.

Now, for instance, if say 40 mins of that was against arsenal than that leaves maybe 10 minutes in each of the other two games.
And more impressively means we beat a title rival by only playing properly for less than one half of football which is mind boggling.

The point is, you are exaggerating greatly. Once again.

If you were convinced that we'd keep a level like the first hour v the rags or second half v arsenal or the second half v barca.... consistently after a couple of months then you're deluded.

And most importantly, if you think that's the level liverpool play at consistently than you're not watching their matches.
Scraped by Everton and should have been dead and buried at home to stoke within 30 mins.

This is historically our worst ground to visit, so I'm not going to say I'm 100pc sure we'll get something.

But I'm being realistic about it. It's two title rivals playing each other and if we play like we did against chelsea, the rags and arsenal we should get something.

That's football. Not exaggerated bullshit.
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:08 pm

The first half hour eh?

They should've been 3 down versus Stoke in the first half hour.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby everyonehatesus » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:23 pm

Yeah but they weren't and ended up smashing them score wise, we have been chucking chances away in front of goal for fun so it still doesn't look good.
If kun can actually take an early chance or stirling just run at them and force an isue the of course we can easily go on and win, I just don't see it
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Slim » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:16 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:Yeah but they weren't and ended up smashing them score wise, we have been chucking chances away in front of goal for fun so it still doesn't look good.
If kun can actually take an early chance or stirling just run at them and force an isue the of course we can easily go on and win, I just don't see it

That'd be a hell of a trick.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum