Ian Nacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ian Nacho

Postby Spurge » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Spurge wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:quite amazing how many on here don't get football

Care to enlighten us?

if you need enlightening then i suggest you stop posting on a football forum.
anyone with half a brain will understand that leading the line of a top 10 european club with c2 years of proper coaching under your belt is almost an impossible ask.
we should be marvelling at his progress to date, not questioning if he has a future at the club. imagine what he'll be like when he knows what he's doing.

Wow

are you as thick in real life as you're coming across on here?

Ha ha that's fookin quality from someone who has described my post in this thread as being contradictory but has failed to provide any sort of evidence to back it up when challenged, you've made my day that's funny as fuck. Also you appear to consider posting thoughts online as not being real life - interesting.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:40 pm

I don't agree with the suggestion that him coming on swung things for us, we were still struggling to create anything clear cut after he was introduced, he actually struggled to get into it himself in his first five or so minutes on the pitch.

Huddlestone coming off saw them lose some solidity and control in the centre, I think this was a bigger factor in the momentum swing.

It wasn't until a mistake from their defender saw the deadlock broken that the onus was on them to attack leaving more space for us in attacking areas, this is when Kelechi really started to shine.

As for the wider argument, Pep showed a willingness to use him by starting him in the first game of Aguero's suspension ( he also started him at the swamp ), I can only assume he did something that pissed Pep off in that one as he was hooked shy of an hour and hasn't started since.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:11 pm

Is there an echo in here?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:22 pm

No idea why that posted twice, sorry.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:33 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:No idea why that posted twice, sorry.

Don't apologise FIBD; it was a thoughtful, considered post and well worth a second read ;) ;)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:15 am

Nacho is still young and learning his trade. How he's supposed to lead the line at his age, at a club like ours, is way to optimistic. The fact we went with Sergio and Nacho for this season so far is barmy.

Anyway, he's a good player but is still very young. Don't build him up, don't knock him down, let's just watch and hope he makes it to the very top.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john@staustell » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:24 am

There isn't any doubt he scores goals. Once upon a time that was all that was required and some of us still think "there he scored, told you so". But nowadays it's all about the rest of his game and he has some catching up to do, so it's wait and see.

The second debate is not about who on here thinks he's good enough and who doesn't. It's about what Pep thinks of him.

Not sure
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby sheblue » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:49 am

john@staustell wrote:There isn't any doubt he scores goals. Once upon a time that was all that was required and some of us still think "there he scored, told you so". But nowadays it's all about the rest of his game and he has some catching up to do, so it's wait and see.

The second debate is not about who on here thinks he's good enough and who doesn't. It's about what Pep thinks of him.

Not sure

Yes it's not only about scoring goals, it's his general play and how intelligent he is from a footballing perspective.
The jury (peps jury) may still be out.....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:51 am

I think he's alright for a 54 year old.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:21 am

john@staustell wrote:There isn't any doubt he scores goals. Once upon a time that was all that was required and some of us still think "there he scored, told you so". But nowadays it's all about the rest of his game and he has some catching up to do, so it's wait and see.

Not sure

Even more so, he has everyone backing him now but football supporters are notoriously fickle. What if/when he inevitably goes on a rough patch? I repeat myself now but he has just turned 20. Does he have mental fibre YET to take the inevitable slack? Furthermore Pep tries to teach him ropes; how to time his runs, when to and when not to close down the defender, the link up play and all that. You learn all that bit by bit but if done properly he will be better for it in long run.

Now just starting him all the time will lead into bad habits sticking because as you tire down you have tendency to do what comes easiest to you which in this case is probably lot of stuff Pep is trying to teach him out of.

I find it absolutely ridiculous to think that probably the most succesfull manager currently in his prime and one that has long history of bringing super talented kids through and molding them into world beaters would just shrug off talent like Iheanacho.

I was/am devastated of the treatment Hart got but this is completely different thing. Moving Hart on was about showing who is the boss and trying to create new culture. As stupid move as it was. But that has nothing to do with young Ian. Couple of seasona and Nacho will not even remember Pellegrini ever excisted.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:49 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Not sure

Even more so, he has everyone backing him now but football supporters are notoriously fickle. What if/when he inevitably goes on a rough patch? I repeat myself now but he has just turned 20. Does he have mental fibre YET to take the inevitable slack? Furthermore Pep tries to teach him ropes; how to time his runs, when to and when not to close down the defender, the link up play and all that. You learn all that bit by bit but if done properly he will be better for it in long run.

Now just starting him all the time will lead into bad habits sticking because as you tire down you have tendency to do what comes easiest to you which in this case is probably lot of stuff Pep is trying to teach him out of.

I find it absolutely ridiculous to think that probably the most succesfull manager currently in his prime and one that has long history of bringing super talented kids through and molding them into world beaters would just shrug off talent like Iheanacho.

I was/am devastated of the treatment Hart got but this is completely different thing. Moving Hart on was about showing who is the boss and trying to create new culture. As stupid move as it was. But that has nothing to do with young Ian. Couple of seasona and Nacho will not even remember Pellegrini ever excisted.

This, more than anything else.

Nice post all round NQDP.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:29 pm

Mase wrote:I think he's alright for a 54 year old.

Watch on youtube.com
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:31 pm

Mase wrote:I think he's alright for a 54 year old.

I found this very funny. Thank you.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby PrezIke » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:27 pm

So, any more of us convinced I'm right now?

Still have hope for his future but another start with a fairly lacklustre performance.

Jesus is now in the wings awaiting his chance...Nacho may have just lost his...
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby s1ty m » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:47 pm

I am aware of his age and goals per minutes ratio but he doesn't convince me at all. He was dire today, absolutely poor. That's not debatable, surely?
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:50 pm

how many 20 year olds are there leading the line at any club in top flight football?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:53 pm

He looks like he's put on weight to me, probably muscle, and I'm not sure it's helping. He now looks less mobile and slower to move.

He's also mentioned that he's been learning from Aguero and I'm not sure that's helping either. He used to look like a natural poacher who came alive in the 6yd box, whereas now he's hanging back in the box Aguero style and missing the balls flashed across the box.

So I reckon he needs to lose weight and get back to his natural game. Might always be an impact sub rather than leading the line, but others have shown that that's not a bad thing
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Spurge » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:55 pm

PrezIke wrote:So, any more of us convinced I'm right now?

Still have hope for his future but another start with a fairly lacklustre performance.

All very confusing, gets the nod by the boss when Aguero is available but isn't given the opportunity when Aguero isn't available.Just further increased the pressure on the lad (very strange managerial decision).
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:32 am

Spurge wrote:

All very confusing, gets the nod by the boss when Aguero is available but isn't given the opportunity when Aguero isn't available.Just further increased the pressure on the lad (very strange managerial decision).

Sorry mate I thought he was poor, end of story. He had his chance and missed 4 or 5 decent chances.

When that is happening there isn't time to piss about and give him another 'chance' second half.

Had his chance, muffed it (in the words of James Robertson Justice in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!)

With hindsight Aguero likes playing against Burnley so maybe he might have had the first half, not the second?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Spurge » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:41 am

john@staustell wrote:
Spurge wrote:

Sorry mate I thought he was poor, end of story. He had his chance and missed 4 or 5 decent chances.

When that is happening there isn't time to piss about and give him another 'chance' second half.

Had his chance, muffed it (in the words of James Robertson Justice in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!)

With hindsight Aguero likes playing against Burnley so maybe he might have had the first half, not the second?

Yes I didn't comment on Iheanacho's performance as I didn't see it but heard it wasn't great, so my point was largely around the strange decisions about when and when not to play him and how this may have increased pressure on him.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum