Ian Nacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ian Nacho

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:42 pm

dazby wrote:I thought our attack looked toothless until he came on. He was the only player looking to penetrate the defence and get in behind.

He was crucial to our win today and I accept he made some blunders outside the box.

Fucking right.
Wholly predictable with Nolito leading the line instead. What's going on with Nacho is sinful. And a shocking waste.
A full half of football and a little bit longer, wasted by not having a striker on.... again!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:03 am

People seem to forget that he is only just turned 20. You look at his movement up front and you can see he is still tactically pretty naive. He often chases ghosts and then he is exhausted when he needs to make a run. Sometimes he runs to very hard position for our lads to pass to.

Point is this lad has AMAZING ability and he is going to be top notch player eventually. I think Pep is just trying to coach him up. However if you don't work slowly with these guys the parts tha need developing end up being missed. Boy will be better for it given this slower introduction I feel. And it's not like he isn't getting games at all.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:06 am

Relax, when he brought him on, it was the last thing Hull wanted, he is being retired into a Pep forward, the Swedish fella, Eto were all dropped at some point, He is a kid in footballing terms playing at a top 10 world class team!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:28 am

Ideal sub I thought. Well done Pep. :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Spurge » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:38 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:People seem to forget that he is only just turned 20. You look at his movement up front and you can see he is still tactically pretty naive. He often chases ghosts and then he is exhausted when he needs to make a run. Sometimes he runs to very hard position for our lads to pass to.

Point is this lad has AMAZING ability and he is going to be top notch player eventually. I think Pep is just trying to coach him up. However if you don't work slowly with these guys the parts tha need developing end up being missed. Boy will be better for it given this slower introduction I feel. And it's not like he isn't getting games at all.

12 goals from 19 prem league shots on target for Kelechi is all you need to know about whether he merits a chance.

If we accept the comments from some in this thread about those parts of his game which require improvement then with this return there is little to fear in terms of risk in playing him.

He made a huge difference last night when he came on, typified in his goal and to some extent city's third. Both involved his positional play in getting into or around the 6 yard box and on the end of a low cross, something that we never offered in the first half. It's true to say the game is likely to open up the longer it goes on and some are using this as a counter argument suggesting he can only be used effectively as an impact player and he's not capable of doing the same when he starts a game. Well in answer to this how do we know if he'll score when starting regularly or not if he isn't given a chance? Ok he didn't v Leicester, he did against Celtic a goal inside 10 mins and he was the only bright thing in the 4:2 defeat at soton last season when he bagged a brace. But aguero's suspension presented a good opportunity for us to know the answers to these questions and we've not taken that opportunity, for me this could be a big mistake he's earned the chance but not been offered it, his cameo role yesterday showed once again his goal scoring capabilities and I'm sure that other premier league clubs will be acutely aware and watching with interest.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:32 pm

quite amazing how many on here don't get football
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:19 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:quite amazing how many on here don't get football

Care to enlighten us?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:31 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Care to enlighten us?

if you need enlightening then i suggest you stop posting on a football forum.
anyone with half a brain will understand that leading the line of a top 10 european club with c2 years of proper coaching under your belt is almost an impossible ask.
we should be marvelling at his progress to date, not questioning if he has a future at the club. imagine what he'll be like when he knows what he's doing.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Spurge » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:36 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Care to enlighten us?

anyone with half a brain will understand that leading the line of a top 10 european club with c2 years of proper coaching under your belt is almost an impossible ask.
we should be marvelling at his progress to date, not questioning if he has a future at the club. imagine what he'll be like when he knows what he's doing.

Wow
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:38 pm

Spurge wrote: Both involved his positional play in getting into or around the 6 yard box and on the end of a low cross, something that we never offered in the first half.

Go back and watch that goal again.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:41 pm

Spurge wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Care to enlighten us?

Wow

makes more sense than your contradictory drivel above.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Spurge » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:52 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Spurge wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Care to enlighten us?

Wow

makes more sense than your contradictory drivel above.

How does my post contradict itself please explain....actually on second thoughts don't feel in anyway obliged to do so.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby PrezIke » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:02 pm

The homerism (bias towards home talent) in this thread from some is interesting considering some of the same posters ridicule some of our other players far easier.

I guess it's an age thing and he's "one of our own" but can we honestly say his development has improved this year over last? I'm not too worried but the standard of player performance has to be higher given our club's aspirations. This is not to say he won't become world class, but I also think he needs to improve his passing, touch, and hold up play at a minimum and I'd argue pressing/tracking back.

We are in a dogfight for the league and CL places so we cannot afford to have a striker who starts and rarely scores in that role. He's very useful late in games when we need a goal, but there are reasons Pep is benching him that even we can see this year.

Rashford has also slowed down whilst Iwobi has moved ahead of them both this season. That's just the way it is without my sky blue tinted spectacles on.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:07 pm

PrezIke wrote:The homerism in this thread from some is interesting considering some of the same posters ridicule some of our other players far easier.

I guess it's an age thing and he's "one of our own" but can we honestly say his development has improved this year over last? I'm not too worried but the standard of player performance has to be higher given our club's aspirations. This is not to say he won't become world class, but I also think he needs to improve his passing, touch, and hold up play at a minimum and I'd argue pressing/tracking back.

We are in a dogfight for the league and CL places so we cannot afford to have a striker who starts and rarely scores in that role. He's very useful late in games when we need a goal, but there are reasons Pep is benching him that even we can see this year.

Rashford has also slowed down
whilst Iwobi has moved ahead of them both this season. That's just the way it is without my sky blue tinted spectacles on.

Don't let the media hear you saying this Prez; it would be tantamount to heresy in their jaundiced eyes. ;)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:18 pm

Spurge wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:People seem to forget that he is only just turned 20. You look at his movement up front and you can see he is still tactically pretty naive. He often chases ghosts and then he is exhausted when he needs to make a run. Sometimes he runs to very hard position for our lads to pass to.

12 goals from 19 prem league shots on target for Kelechi is all you need to know about whether he merits a chance.

If we accept the comments from some in this thread about those parts of his game which require improvement then with this return there is little to fear in terms of risk in playing him.

He made a huge difference last night when he came on, typified in his goal and to some extent city's third. Both involved his positional play in getting into or around the 6 yard box and on the end of a low cross, something that we never offered in the first half. It's true to say the game is likely to open up the longer it goes on and some are using this as a counter argument suggesting he can only be used effectively as an impact player and he's not capable of doing the same when he starts a game. Well in answer to this how do we know if he'll score when starting regularly or not if he isn't given a chance? Ok he didn't v Leicester, he did against Celtic a goal inside 10 mins and he was the only bright thing in the 4:2 defeat at soton last season when he bagged a brace. But aguero's suspension presented a good opportunity for us to know the answers to these questions and we've not taken that opportunity, for me this could be a big mistake he's earned the chance but not been offered it, his cameo role yesterday showed once again his goal scoring capabilities and I'm sure that other premier league clubs will be acutely aware and watching with interest.

you don't make a convincing argument for him to start. all you can bring up are 5/10 at most 15 min spells.
kun (that's an international veteran with over 500 games to his name) is struggling to lead the line in pep's system and you wonder why he's not starting a 20 year old in his place. give your head a fucking wobble mate.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Spurge » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:31 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Spurge wrote:

you don't make a convincing argument for him to start. all you can bring up are 5/10 at most 15 min spells.
kun (that's an international veteran with over 500 games to his name) is struggling to lead the line in pep's system and you wonder why he's not starting a 20 year old in his place. give your head a fucking wobble mate.

Talking of head wobbles my question to you was how was what I said contradictory as you had suggested. I get you don't agree with my post that's you're opinion and why we come on here, I don't have to agree with you and vice versa, but tell me where I've contradicted myself.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:43 pm

Spurge wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Spurge wrote:

Talking of head wobbles my question to you was how was what I said contradictory as you had suggested. I get you don't agree with my post that's you're opinion and why we come on here, I don't have to agree with you and vice versa, but tell me where I've contradicted myself.

wow
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Spurge » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Spurge wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Spurge wrote:

wow

Thought so, that's about as good as you could have done though under the circs.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:06 pm

Spurge wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Care to enlighten us?

Wow

are you as thick in real life as you're coming across on here?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:29 pm

I don't agree with the suggestion that him coming on swung things for us, we were still struggling to create anything clear cut after he was introduced, he actually struggled to get into it himself in his first five or so minutes on the pitch.

Huddlestone coming off saw them lose some solidity and control in the centre, I think this was a bigger factor in the momentum swing.

It wasn't until a mistake from their defender saw the deadlock broken that the onus was on them to attack leaving more space for us in attacking areas, this is when Kelechi really started to shine.

As for the wider argument, Pep showed a willingness to use him by starting him in the first game of Aguero's suspension ( he also started him at the swamp ), I can only assume he did something that pissed Pep off in that one as he was hooked shy of an hour and hasn't started since.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum