Ian Nacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ian Nacho

Postby Scatman » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:11 pm

City64 wrote:
bigblue wrote:
City64 wrote:http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-gundogan-troll-sane-12339711

This article doesn't really say anything that hasn't already been said.

Certainly no video or other reports of Pep "FULL ON POINTED TO THE SPAFIA IN THE EXEC SEATS THEN STUCK HIS ARMS OUT IN FRONT OF HIM THEN WAVED HIS FUCKING ARMS ABOUT".

IT HAPPENED IN THE COLD LIGHT OF DAY BE TOLD !!!

SO THERE
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby bigblue » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:14 pm

City64 wrote:
bigblue wrote:
City64 wrote:http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-gundogan-troll-sane-12339711

Certainly no video or other reports of Pep "FULL ON POINTED TO THE SPAFIA IN THE EXEC SEATS THEN STUCK HIS ARMS OUT IN FRONT OF HIM THEN WAVED HIS FUCKING ARMS ABOUT".

OK!!!

But was Pep specifically sending the message to City executives "I told you so, Nacho isn't good enough".... or was he just expressing general frustration at a poor decision in a high stakes game (same as if any other player had done the same)???

One is something that you would expect from David Brent or moaninho, and the other is what you'd expect from one of the most professional managers in the game.

IT HAPPENED NOW USE YOUR BRAIN AND THINK WHAT IS MORE LIKELY AND WHAT IS ABSURD IF YOU CAN
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Slim » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:14 pm

Scatman wrote:
City64 wrote:
bigblue wrote:

SO THERE

Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:14 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
bigblue wrote:

That a scene from faulty towers !

Que?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:32 pm

bigblue wrote:
City64 wrote:
bigblue wrote:

OK!!!

But was Pep specifically sending the message to City executives "I told you so, Nacho isn't good enough".... or was he just expressing general frustration at a poor decision in a high stakes game (same as if any other player had done the same)???

One is something that you would expect from David Brent or moaninho, and the other is what you'd expect from one of the most professional managers in the game.

IT HAPPENED NOW USE YOUR BRAIN AND THINK WHAT IS MORE LIKELY AND WHAT IS ABSURD IF YOU CAN

I was there I saw it along with everyone sat around me .
YOUR JUST GUESSING VIA A FUCKING FORUM AND BEING TOTALLY ABSURD .

Pep clearly thinks Iheanacho doesn't cut the mustard .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bigblue » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:43 pm

City64 wrote:I was there I saw it along with everyone sat around me .

Lol, I'm the one guessing. Just because you're sat 200 feet away from him in a crowded stadium, doesn't give you special insight to a secret meaning behind Pep waving his fackin arms about.

If you can come to this conclusion just from the evidence of Pep getting annoyed, then you'd love all the hidden secrets in #pizzagate
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:50 pm

bigblue wrote:
City64 wrote:I was there I saw it along with everyone sat around me .

Lol, I'm the one guessing. Just because you're sat 200 feet away from him in a crowded stadium, doesn't give you special insight to a secret meaning behind Pep waving his fackin arms about.

If you can come to this conclusion just from the evidence of Pep getting annoyed, then you'd love all the hidden secrets in #pizzagate

Just for bigblue you it never ever happened and none of us saw it does that make you happy now in cyber world ???

IT REALLY DID HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE LIVE AT THE GAME EVERYONE .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:49 pm

City64 wrote:Just for bigblue you it never ever happened and none of us saw it does that make you happy now in cyber world ???

Cyber world is very cold, mysterious place. But the cyber is all I know, all I ever will know.

Watch on youtube.com

greetings from cyber world beep boop
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:13 pm

Overlooked again.

Mentioned a couple of times recently, I actually don't think he is good enough to start as a lead striker on his own. His awareness both of his positioning and the game in general is not up to scratch. He is a poacher as his main attribute though I do think as a second striker to Kun he could be a great player. But Pep doesn't play with two out and out forwards so the future doesn't look great for the lad.

Maybe he needs to reinvent himself as a number ten. I believe he started out as a number ten in Nigeria so maybe he has what it takes. But he isn't going to replace Kun anytime soon that much is clear
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PrezIke » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:11 pm

nottsblue wrote:Overlooked again.

Mentioned a couple of times recently, I actually don't think he is good enough to start as a lead striker on his own. His awareness both of his positioning and the game in general is not up to scratch. He is a poacher as his main attribute though I do think as a second striker to Kun he could be a great player. But Pep doesn't play with two out and out forwards so the future doesn't look great for the lad.

Maybe he needs to reinvent himself as a number ten. I believe he started out as a number ten in Nigeria so maybe he has what it takes. But he isn't going to replace Kun anytime soon that much is clear

How dare you question his performances?

He scored today so he's automatically world class if he just played more.

That being said, glad he scored, but more development is needed and suggesting this does not mean you are a hater.

Really hope he keeps learning and growing into what I believe we all think he is capable of becoming with more work.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:16 pm

PrezIke wrote:

That being said, glad he scored, but more development is needed and suggesting this does not mean you are a hater.

Really hope he keeps learning and growing into what I believe we all think he is capable of becoming with more work.

But don't you think that if there's two strikers in the squad and one is banned for four games it's a bit weird that the other one doesn't start? Especially when they appear to be a very decent goal scorer.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:18 pm

Good thoughts NB.

I actually think if we ever adopted a 4-3-3 formation, he would be easily at home as one of the front players.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Justified logic » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:30 pm

PrezIke wrote:

Scored today and would have had a second if that Hull defender hadn't have got in there first. Fact of the matter is he was in the right place - again. Natural poacher. He would have a role - although almost certainly unacceptable to him long term - as impact sub and I agree that he and Kun up front would be a great pairing but Guardiola ain't going to do that - unless he goes totally native. So the opportunities for Nacho outside Guardiola's City (see what I did there?) must be brighter for him and that would be a terrible shame for our club.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:37 pm

I wonder if Pep was sending signals to executives? Or the opposite? I also wonder if they have this wicked own sign language for sending messages.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:46 pm

To be honest, I see a little bit of Daniel Stuuridge in him. Great poacher, fast, nimble. But like Sturridge, most of his work in done in the box, with little output outside of it. Now, that for me is reason enough to pick him every week. I like my strikers to score goals, not defend or track back. But the modern game and Pep have different morals. A striker these days needs more strings to his bow. That's not to say Iheanacho won't acquire them or improve them, it's just he doesn't have the strings to his bow that Kun has.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:47 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I wonder if Pep was sending signals to executives? Or the opposite? I also wonder if they have this wicked own sign language for sending messages.

I think the fact that Pep doesn't start the lad is the biggest fucking signal of any fucking signals even the signals Pep sends to his execs during game time . Nacho is still young and superb in the box , clearly Pep wants the complete forward like now ?!?!?! We will all be talking about Jesus this time next week v Burnley and Aguero will be back ........ clearly Nacho has plenty to do !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:01 pm

There was a match earlier in the season that Kun didn't play and when asked whether is was a tough decision to play Kelechi I think he just said he is my striker and little else. Now it's the other way around and he doesn't pick him to start which presumbly means he thinks we can be a better side playing the false 9 thing that KI

Hard to get anything from that apart from he doesn't really fancy him enough and sees things that concern him. Disappointing for me but I have faith in Pep but I do hope Kelechi still has too. Difficult to see how he gets better at whatever it is he needs to get better at if he doesnt play and with Jesus coming he will get even less chances to play. Bit of a catch 22!

I don't think his positional play is a problem in the final third but maybe outside the box there might be issues re his hold up play, awareness of whats around him as the ball is coming to him and his first touch. I don't think any of that was a serious issue as he was coming through the senior ranks but it's top flight football that matters and that's a whole different thing.

Would a loan be right for him ? I am not sure and if so does it need to be in the prem but surely he cant stay with us for too much longer unless he gets some proper game time.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:34 pm

nottsblue wrote:To be honest, I see a little bit of Daniel Stuuridge in him. Great poacher, fast, nimble. But like Sturridge, most of his work in done in the box, with little output outside of it. Now, that for me is reason enough to pick him every week. I like my strikers to score goals, not defend or track back. But the modern game and Pep have different morals. A striker these days needs more strings to his bow. That's not to say Iheanacho won't acquire them or improve them, it's just he doesn't have the strings to his bow that Kun has.

If Nacho were to have the potential to become the modern day equivalent of, say, a Gerd Muller or suchlike, no City fan would ever complain about any putative shortcomings outside the box.

If Nacho does actually possess such potential, it would be a great shame if, in trying to improve his all round game, Pep were to coach his "fox in the box" skills out of him.

I'd much rather see us set up to play to his strengths and accept the rest, rather than see him go to any other side.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:36 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:There was a match earlier in the season that Kun didn't play and when asked whether is was a tough decision to play Kelechi I think he just said he is my striker and little else. Now it's the other way around and he doesn't pick him to start which presumbly means he thinks we can be a better side playing the false 9 thing that KI

Hard to get anything from that apart from he doesn't really fancy him enough and sees things that concern him. Disappointing for me but I have faith in Pep but I do hope Kelechi still has too. Difficult to see how he gets better at whatever it is he needs to get better at if he doesnt play and with Jesus coming he will get even less chances to play. Bit of a catch 22!

I don't think his positional play is a problem in the final third but maybe outside the box there might be issues re his hold up play, awareness of whats around him as the ball is coming to him and his first touch. I don't think any of that was a serious issue as he was coming through the senior ranks but it's top flight football that matters and that's a whole different thing.

Would a loan be right for him ? I am not sure and if so does it need to be in the prem but surely he cant stay with us for too much longer unless he gets some proper game time.

Add to those things his poor distribution on the counter and that was very evident last night. When teams park the bus we need to be able to spring to life after their set pieces cos it's the best chance we will have to get even numbers with space available. In this team he's gonna need to work on that. The comment that he could play in a front three would need to add this too in my opinion. When Messi, Suarez and Neymar bomb from their own half you know the result that's coming. Last night nacho got the chance twice and gave one to the keeper and failed to make their half with the 2nd.

Sadly when you're out the team these things stand out more to the coaching staff. Me personally I'd happily have a goal poacher heading a 4231, and to be honest aguero used to be like that. The fact that he's running more this season doesn't mean he hasn't for many years. He's often frustrated me, especially after tevez left for his lack of chasing. Nacho like aguero scores enough so that I could live with it. Unfortunately they've both had to up their games and aguero has been given more chances to do so. I hope nacho gets and takes the chances because he's an incredible talent.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby dazby » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:01 pm

I thought our attack looked toothless until he came on. He was the only player looking to penetrate the defence and get in behind.

He was crucial to our win today and I accept he made some blunders outside the box.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum