Ian Nacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ian Nacho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:14 pm

City64 wrote:RE when Nacho "passed" the ball to Cech instead of keeping it the corner ........ I had a clear view from 121 , Pep went absolutely mental and then pointed to the Spafia in the exec seats gesturing "i told you so" . Seeing that from Pep most of us instantly came to the conclusion Pep doesn't rate or has a problem with Nacho . Also not very professional from Pep and not fair on the young player imho , it also showed in the full light of day Pep is one full on cunt and very very intense and emotional proper style !

Wait what the hell?
I don't believe that for a second. Director of Football doesn't pick a team and most certainly isn't in charge of substitutions. I was as angry as Pep when he did that absolutely idiotic cross and that's probably why he was pissed off. And Iheanacho can be tactically naive at times which has been apparent this year and last year. And I absolutely adore the lad but it's a fact that mentally he is work in progress still.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:18 pm

Spurge wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Spurge wrote:Fucking hell there's some classic stuff in this thread to try and justify Iheanacho's omission from the starting line up. Did he do enough against Celtic despite scoring is my fave though.

So this season we make a case for not including him because he's young and a bit raw (in spite of scoring) where last season we were using the very same reasons to play him only difference being the argument last season was because he was scoring instead of in spite of him scoring.

It's very simple you're a striker with the best goals per mins ratio in the prem - a proven goals scorer no less and the only other striker ahead of you at the club is banned for 4 matches but the manager doesn't play you. The message is abundantly clear (as it was for hart) - your manager doesn't fancy you. Add to that another pep striker joins in a couple of weeks.

If I was Kelechi I'd be considering my next club right now. I hope it won't be a premier league rival.

this being the most classic piece of shit!

But all of it classically factual shit. The only thing I don't know to be true is kelechi's thoughts of course, but I appreciate your comment all the same.

but you are missing several key things from your argument....
- we're talking about a kid, not an experienced striker
- there will be players in our u14s who have had more structured / formal coaching than him
- pep is packing the midfield to compensate for the utterly shit back line he's been forced to pick because of wank signings
- sending him on with 10 mins to go when you're 2-1 up in a must win hardly indicates a lack of trust. unless you are one of those weird conspiracy theorists on here who tries to claim that pep does things like to prove a point.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby mr_nool » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:12 pm

Spurge wrote:Fucking hell there's some classic stuff in this thread to try and justify Iheanacho's omission from the starting line up. Did he do enough against Celtic despite scoring is my fave though.

So this season we make a case for not including him because he's young and a bit raw (in spite of scoring) where last season we were using the very same reasons to play him only difference being the argument last season was because he was scoring instead of in spite of him scoring.

It's very simple you're a striker with the best goals per mins ratio in the prem - a proven goals scorer no less and the only other striker ahead of you at the club is banned for 4 matches but the manager doesn't play you. The message is abundantly clear (as it was for hart) - your manager doesn't fancy you. Add to that another pep striker joins in a couple of weeks.

If I was Kelechi I'd be considering my next club right now. I hope it won't be a premier league rival.

In my humble opinion, Iheanacho certainly knows where the onion bag is, but he's not the most intelligent footballer out there. I was happy to see us start with Sterling ahead of him yesterday. Kelechi is still not (and may never be - only time will tell) at a level where he can lead a forward line by constantly shifting positions and interplaying with the midfielders. To me he is still very much a fox in the box, and against top six opponents that's a luxury type of player we can't carry.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Spurge » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:38 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Spurge wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

this being the most classic piece of shit!

But all of it classically factual shit. The only thing I don't know to be true is kelechi's thoughts of course, but I appreciate your comment all the same.

but you are missing several key things from your argument....
- we're talking about a kid, not an experienced striker
- there will be players in our u14s who have had more structured / formal coaching than him
- pep is packing the midfield to compensate for the utterly shit back line he's been forced to pick because of wank signings
- sending him on with 10 mins to go when you're 2-1 up in a must win hardly indicates a lack of trust. unless you are one of those weird conspiracy theorists on here who tries to claim that pep does things like to prove a point.

If you're good enough you're old enough, its a shame we cant accommodate a natural goal scorer with a proven record.

Not sure I fully understood the under 14's comment. Not being flippant I'm genuinely not sure why he wouldn't have received the required coaching to fit in with what's required for the senior team.

Packing the midfield, I hear what you say. Yesterday was a tale of two half's. We were crying out for a striker in the first half but found a way in the second and our midfield strength made a huge difference for sure. I don't know what the solution is but would like to see a striker at hull.

I think perhaps the introduction of Iheanacho was more about kdb being on a yellow and as a few reckless arsenal challenges were going in also safeguarding against injury. Also perhaps clearing our lines with a willing runner with fresh legs to hold up play in the last third.

The point I guess I was trying to underline was that plenty were crying out for pellers to play him last season many of which are now using the same argument not to play him - so he deserves a chance one minute and then doesn't in the next apparently. So he's ready and then he's not!
Last edited by Spurge on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:52 pm

We're gonna waste a great talent. In years to come, as he whacks in goals for another club, we'll wonder how we passed him over.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby sheblue » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:25 pm

City64 wrote:
sheblue wrote:
City64 wrote:RE when Nacho "passed" the ball to Cech instead of keeping it the corner ........ I had a clear view from 121 , Pep went absolutely mental and then pointed to the Spafia in the exec seats gesturing "i told you so" . Seeing that from Pep most of us instantly came to the conclusion Pep doesn't rate or has a problem with Nacho . Also not very professional from Pep and not fair on the young player imho , it also showed in the full light of day Pep is one full on cunt and very very intense and emotional proper style !

Are you sure?
That would seem like a bizarre thing for manager to do who has 25 TV cameras, 1000s of recording smart phones, and press photographers focused on his every tweak and move all the time during a game.
Strange for any manager to do that at that level.

FULL ON POINTED TO THE SPAFIA IN THE EXEC SEATS THEN STUCK HIS ARMS OUT IN FRONT OF HIM THEN WAVED HIS FUCKING ARMS ABOUT

IS THAT FUCKING CLEAR ENOUGH ??? WE ALL SAW IT IN THE GROUND , AGAIN IS THAT FUCKING CLEAR ENOUGH ???

OK I BELIEVE YOU.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:36 am

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:02 am

sheblue wrote:
City64 wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Are you sure?
That would seem like a bizarre thing for manager to do who has 25 TV cameras, 1000s of recording smart phones, and press photographers focused on his every tweak and move all the time during a game.
Strange for any manager to do that at that level.

FULL ON POINTED TO THE SPAFIA IN THE EXEC SEATS THEN STUCK HIS ARMS OUT IN FRONT OF HIM THEN WAVED HIS FUCKING ARMS ABOUT

IS THAT FUCKING CLEAR ENOUGH ??? WE ALL SAW IT IN THE GROUND , AGAIN IS THAT FUCKING CLEAR ENOUGH ???

OK I BELIEVE YOU.

BUT MY TOMMY GUN DON'T!!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:40 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:We're gonna waste a great talent. In years to come, as he whacks in goals for another club, we'll wonder how we passed him
over.

Pep knows a player piccs, I did not see the pep reaction , however I did shit a brick when he did that, as it was stupid.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:44 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:We're gonna waste a great talent. In years to come, as he whacks in goals for another club, we'll wonder how we passed him
over.

Pep knows a player piccs, I did not see the pep reaction , however I did shit a brick when he did that, as it was stupid.

I lost it at the TV, very loudly. Then in the same breath I blamed Pep.

5 minutes to go and he brings on a young striker and he's up in arms when he does something stupid? Nolito and Stones both on the bench. He might have shored things up at the back, might have put a tricky and wily veteran on...nope, bring on the kid and then go "see? told you so" to the directors box when he fucks up?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:03 pm

Slim wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
over.

5 minutes to go and he brings on a young striker and he's up in arms when he does something stupid? Nolito and Stones both on the bench. He might have shored things up at the back, might have put a tricky and wily veteran on...nope, bring on the kid and then go "see? told you so" to the directors box when he fucks up?

Come on Slim,
He wasn't signalling anything to Executives and you know it. That is complete nonsense.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:04 pm

Slim wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
over.

Nolito ran his knackers off Wed ? I do not see Pep hanging the kid in public,it is not gonna be something Pep dwells on. under the radar was Sagna he was solid and very imposing on that right side, which was great to see.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby patrickblue » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:08 pm

Spurge wrote:It's very simple you're a striker with the best goals per mins ratio in the prem - a proven goals scorer no less and the only other striker ahead of you at the club is banned for 4 matches but the manager doesn't play you. The message is abundantly clear (as it was for hart) - your manager doesn't fancy you. Add to that another pep striker joins in a couple of weeks.

That's how I see it too, and TBH, that's how most people without their blue blinkers on would see it.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:34 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Spurge wrote:It's very simple you're a striker with the best goals per mins ratio in the prem - a proven goals scorer no less and the only other striker ahead of you at the club is banned for 4 matches but the manager doesn't play you. The message is abundantly clear (as it was for hart) - your manager doesn't fancy you. Add to that another pep striker joins in a couple of weeks.

That's how I see it too, and TBH, that's how most people without their blue blinkers on would see it.

Me too.

I agree with pics we will regret this one. The kids a star but doesnt mean he will necessarily be a star for us. Prob needs a year of playing week in week out in a tough league. Getting 5/10/0 minutes for us cant be helping. He hadnt played in weeks and we expected a kid to come straight in and replace one of the best strikers in the world in a team playing terrible that was 2 goals down after 10 mins? Not only that we hook him after 55 mins and dont play him in the next match against weaker opposition at home and give him a chance to bed in and get match sharp. Its a shame really.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Slim » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:41 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Slim wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
over.

Come on Slim,
He wasn't signalling anything to Executives and you know it. That is complete nonsense.

To be fair, I didn't see it. But my source is impeccable, he posts in all caps...can't get any more reliable than that.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:57 pm

Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bigblue » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:02 pm

City64 wrote:http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-gundogan-troll-sane-12339711

This article doesn't really say anything that hasn't already been said.

Certainly no video or other reports of Pep "FULL ON POINTED TO THE SPAFIA IN THE EXEC SEATS THEN STUCK HIS ARMS OUT IN FRONT OF HIM THEN WAVED HIS FUCKING ARMS ABOUT".
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:04 pm

Just a thought, perhaps Iheanacho didn't follow instruction against Leicester and that's why he's been left out of the last two.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:06 pm

bigblue wrote:
City64 wrote:http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-gundogan-troll-sane-12339711

Certainly no video or other reports of Pep "FULL ON POINTED TO THE SPAFIA IN THE EXEC SEATS THEN STUCK HIS ARMS OUT IN FRONT OF HIM THEN WAVED HIS FUCKING ARMS ABOUT".

That a scene from faulty towers !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:06 pm

bigblue wrote:

IT HAPPENED IN THE COLD LIGHT OF DAY BE TOLD !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum