Ian Nacho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ian Nacho

Postby john@staustell » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:30 am

Bit of criticism for Pep for not playing him that much since Aguero's little faux pas.

But I think there are questions to be asked of the lad which may explain Pep's thinking. If you want to play with the big boys I guess you have to be right at it, however young you are, otherwise you wont start. He will learn, but....

Did you really do it in the Celtic game, apart from the early equaliser?
Would he really have fitted into yesterday's system from the start?
Does he/was he yesterday, walking around in between sprints even as a sub? When everyone else was in perpetual motion.
Has he learned yet when to pass and when to shoot?
WTF was that ball in from the corner flag in the last mnute?

Definitely one for future and it's easy to forget how young he is, but neither he nor us should be too impatient, he is learning a trade. I think he should be playing in these games where we get dozens of chances and don't score, if anything. He will score.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Ian Nacho

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:42 am

He tried to laugh about it with Pep after the whistle and copped a punch and a stern talking to caught on camera.

I did see the jogging between defenders too, I wasn't over impressed in this one.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:13 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:He tried to laugh about it with Pep after the whistle and copped a punch and a stern talking to caught on camera.

I did see the jogging between defenders too, I wasn't over impressed in this one.

To be fair to the lad , he tried to get a ricochet off their defender to grab a corner , but it missed and went straight to their keeper - which is why PeP went ape.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:18 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:He tried to laugh about it with Pep after the whistle and copped a punch and a stern talking to caught on camera.

To be fair to the lad , he tried to get a ricochet off their defender to grab a corner , but it missed and went straight to their keeper - which is why PeP went ape.

Exactly as I saw it mate, but it looked to me like Pep thought he defied an order.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:15 pm

john@staustell wrote:Bit of criticism for Pep for not playing him that much since Aguero's little faux pas.

But I think there are questions to be asked of the lad which may explain Pep's thinking. If you want to play with the big boys I guess you have to be right at it, however young you are, otherwise you wont start. He will learn, but....

Does he/was he yesterday, walking around in between sprints even as a sub? When everyone else was in perpetual motion.

Definitely one for future and it's easy to forget how young he is, but neither he nor us should be too impatient, he is learning a trade. I think he should be playing in these games where we get dozens of chances and don't score, if anything. He will score.

Some fair points there mate, I was disappointed to see him dropped, but you're right about a lot there. I guess the question therefore would be why didn't we have back up? But I guess that's answered on 1St Jan.
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby sheblue » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:27 pm

There seems to be some general concern about Nacho not getting enough game time. It is Pep and his staff who work with him day in day out and who know a lot more about him than we do, so we can only imagine that the manger feels that he cant trust him to do the business with consistency yet.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:49 pm

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Bit of criticism for Pep for not playing him that much since Aguero's little faux pas.

Some fair points there mate, I was disappointed to see him dropped, but you're right about a lot there. I guess the question therefore would be why didn't we have back up? But I guess that's answered on 1St Jan.

Jesus is coming
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:54 pm

sheblue wrote:There seems to be some general concern about Nacho not getting enough game time. It is Pep and his staff who work with him day in day out and who know a lot more about him than we do, so we can only imagine that the manger feels that he cant trust him to do the business with consistency yet.

he's a player that's come through the nigerian 'system'. his ability is all natural and he plays on instinct.
that's what makes him special.
fitting him into a complicated system like pep's will take time.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby City64 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:44 pm

RE when Nacho "passed" the ball to Cech instead of keeping it the corner ........ I had a clear view from 121 , Pep went absolutely mental and then pointed to the Spafia in the exec seats gesturing "i told you so" . Seeing that from Pep most of us instantly came to the conclusion Pep doesn't rate or has a problem with Nacho . Also not very professional from Pep and not fair on the young player imho , it also showed in the full light of day Pep is one full on cunt and very very intense and emotional proper style !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:03 pm

City64 wrote:RE when Nacho "passed" the ball to Cech instead of keeping it the corner ........ I had a clear view from 121 , Pep went absolutely mental and then pointed to the Spafia in the exec seats gesturing "i told you so" . Seeing that from Pep most of us instantly came to the conclusion Pep doesn't rate or has a problem with Nacho . Also not very professional from Pep and not fair on the young player imho , it also showed in the full light of day Pep is one full on cunt and very very intense and emotional proper style !

IF that's what he did then he's a prick. Not sure if it's the type of thing he'd do though. Be a shame if true.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:19 pm

That is truly odd.
Original Dub

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:32 pm

What is the Spanish gesture for "I told you so"?
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:34 pm

City64 wrote:RE when Nacho "passed" the ball to Cech instead of keeping it the corner ........ I had a clear view from 121 , Pep went absolutely mental and then pointed to the Spafia in the exec seats gesturing "i told you so" . Seeing that from Pep most of us instantly came to the conclusion Pep doesn't rate or has a problem with Nacho . Also not very professional from Pep and not fair on the young player imho , it also showed in the full light of day Pep is one full on cunt and very very intense and emotional proper style !

how many pints down were you at this point?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby sheblue » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:48 pm

Are you sure?
That would seem like a bizarre thing for manager to do who has 25 TV cameras, 1000s of recording smart phones, and press photographers focused on his every tweak and move all the time during a game.
Strange for any manager to do that at that level.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:03 pm

sheblue wrote:

Are you sure?
That would seem like a bizarre thing for manager to do who has 25 TV cameras, 1000s of recording smart phones, and press photographers focused on his every tweak and move all the time during a game.

FULL ON POINTED TO THE SPAFIA IN THE EXEC SEATS THEN STUCK HIS ARMS OUT IN FRONT OF HIM THEN WAVED HIS FUCKING ARMS ABOUT

IS THAT FUCKING CLEAR ENOUGH ??? WE ALL SAW IT IN THE GROUND , AGAIN IS THAT FUCKING CLEAR ENOUGH ???
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Justified logic » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:17 pm

City64 wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Are you sure?

FULL ON POINTED TO THE SPAFIA IN THE EXEC SEATS THEN STUCK HIS ARMS OUT IN FRONT OF HIM THEN WAVED HIS FUCKING ARMS ABOUT

IS THAT FUCKING CLEAR ENOUGH ??? WE ALL SAW IT IN THE GROUND , AGAIN IS THAT FUCKING CLEAR ENOUGH ???

Photos or it didn't happen.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dimples » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:33 pm

Two comments:

1. Pep is being put under pressure to play Nacho if your interpretation of Pep's actions is correct
2. All the top managers have to be tough. Its a job for animals and only the fittest survive. Fergie being a perfect example.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Spurge » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:48 pm

Fucking hell there's some classic stuff in this thread to try and justify Iheanacho's omission from the starting line up. Did he do enough against Celtic despite scoring is my fave though.

So this season we make a case for not including him because he's young and a bit raw (in spite of scoring) where last season we were using the very same reasons to play him only difference being the argument last season was because he was scoring instead of in spite of him scoring.

It's very simple you're a striker with the best goals per mins ratio in the prem - a proven goals scorer no less and the only other striker ahead of you at the club is banned for 4 matches but the manager doesn't play you. The message is abundantly clear (as it was for hart) - your manager doesn't fancy you. Add to that another pep striker joins in a couple of weeks.

If I was Kelechi I'd be considering my next club right now. I hope it won't be a premier league rival.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:51 pm

Spurge wrote:Fucking hell there's some classic stuff in this thread to try and justify Iheanacho's omission from the starting line up. Did he do enough against Celtic despite scoring is my fave though.

So this season we make a case for not including him because he's young and a bit raw (in spite of scoring) where last season we were using the very same reasons to play him only difference being the argument last season was because he was scoring instead of in spite of him scoring.

It's very simple you're a striker with the best goals per mins ratio in the prem - a proven goals scorer no less and the only other striker ahead of you at the club is banned for 4 matches but the manager doesn't play you. The message is abundantly clear (as it was for hart) - your manager doesn't fancy you. Add to that another pep striker joins in a couple of weeks.

If I was Kelechi I'd be considering my next club right now. I hope it won't be a premier league rival.

this being the most classic piece of shit!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Spurge » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:57 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Spurge wrote:Fucking hell there's some classic stuff in this thread to try and justify Iheanacho's omission from the starting line up. Did he do enough against Celtic despite scoring is my fave though.

this being the most classic piece of shit!

But all of it classically factual shit. The only thing I don't know to be true is kelechi's thoughts of course, but I appreciate your comment all the same.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum