Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:54 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Turkish press claiming we've accepted Galatasaray's offer for Kolarov

Any mention of what is was?

Be surprised if we let him go without sourcing a replacement though

Believe it was 3m euros
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:38 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Turkish press claiming we've accepted Galatasaray's offer for Kolarov

Any mention of what is was?

Be surprised if we let him go without sourcing a replacement though

Believe it was 3m euros

I don't care if it was 3 fucking dollars and a handy from
Mase. Let him go. Let him go. Etc.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:53 am

Hazy2 wrote:Van Dyk outstanding tonight.

Best game I have seen him have. But he was doing some proper old school defending ala John Terry. No nonsense stuff rather than the fanny around that Pep likes.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:37 am

Wonderwall wrote:

Best game I have seen him have. But he was doing some proper old school defending ala John Terry. No nonsense stuff rather than the fanny around that Pep likes.

That's the issue we face. Whoever we buy, turning a decent centre half in to a tippy tappy player who makes mistakes.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:55 am

Mase wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

That's the issue we face. Whoever we buy, turning a decent centre half in to a tippy tappy player who makes mistakes.

True but peps philosophy is the benefits outweigh the mistakes
Wonderwall

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:57 am

Mase wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Yes Mase but this is the second season the problem had usually been at the other end. If we converted half the good chances we get those errors wouldn't matter. Jesus is coming!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:35 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Mase wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

True but peps philosophy is the benefits outweigh the mistakes

It's not a Pep issue, but rather a result of our "holistic" approach. Pellegrini was brought in partly to play attacking, entertaining football, and all our previously solid and dependable defenders turned into rabbits caught in headlight. Which is not so strange considering that most of the defending they were asked to do was 1 against 1, 3 against 2 and/or 3 against 3 in full speed from the halfway line. There are very few - if any - defenders out there that are fast and good enough to handle those sort of situations match in and match out, and we tried to solve this by bringing in athletic players, like Mangala. This obviously backfired, especially now with pep coming in expecting his defenders to foremost be good with the ball.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Justified logic » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:56 am

Did this get reported here already?

Pep Guardiola orders Manchester City to let contracts of Yaya Toure and Aleksandar Kolarov run out also mentions Jesus Navas, Bacary Sagna, Willy Caballero, Gael Clichy and Pablo Zabaleta.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:05 am

Justified logic wrote:Did this get reported here already?

Pep Guardiola orders Manchester City to let contracts of Yaya Toure and Aleksandar Kolarov run out also mentions Jesus Navas, Bacary Sagna, Willy Caballero, Gael Clichy and Pablo Zabaleta.

Not seen anything official
Wonderwall

Postby Slim » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:18 am

Wonderwall wrote:

I believe Zabs was told in the summer he wouldn't be offered an extension, that was the reason the club were looking at other options for him. Decided to stay even without a contract extension, man bleeds blue.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:49 am

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I believe Zabs was told in the summer he wouldn't be offered an extension, that was the reason the club were looking at other options for him. Decided to stay even without a contract extension, man bleeds blue.

Give him a contract, ffs.

Keep him around, he will not say no. The club needs to think this type of things. Keep Willy also, or we want to spend another 17 mil for a back-up keeper.

But at the looks of that, we are letting go at all of our fullbacks, which is at least interesting. If true, I think someone will come from this current transfer window. There were links with that young fella, hernandez or something.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nick » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:14 am

1) PLEASE accept the kolorov offer. Seems off as Pep seems to have been giving him a bumming since he's been here, although maybe the penny dropped after west ham? Surely this would mean an incoming.

2) Virgil - quality. Although £50 mill quoted price - HA! The fucker left Celtic for something like £15 million. He was Denayers partner, who the fuck was watching Denayer's games and why didn't we bid when he was at Celtic? Another damning of our ''scouting/recruitment'' system.

3) Did Virgil 'make Denayer look better'? Not seen much of him at Sunderland in fairness.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby sheblue » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:51 pm

Bullshit article. Based on the clear reality that the players are ageing, they are just guessing / making stuff up about players who will be moved on due to age, sure we can all do that.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a very significant increase in the amount of pure nonsense about Pep and MCFC going around at the moment, all sorts of made up shit about retiring etc etc.
Fishing for 'clicks' I suppose.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:00 pm

"with Toure, Kolarov and Zabaleta once undroppable"

lol
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:26 pm

sheblue wrote:

Bullshit article. Based on the clear reality that the players are ageing, they are just guessing / making stuff up about players who will be moved on due to age, sure we can all do that.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a very significant increase in the amount of pure nonsense about Pep and MCFC going around at the moment, all sorts of made up shit about retiring etc etc.

It may have been mentioned on here once or twice.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby phips » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:18 pm

love what Bilic has said about Payet. basically "if Payet doesn't want to play for us and has a poor attitude then he won't train and he won't play."
Players seem to think they have the power and can leave whenever they want; nope, you've got a contact lad. if the club doesnt need the transfer fee and doesnt want to sell then youre staying until your current contract runs out.

good for Bilic and West Ham
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:38 pm

phips wrote:love what Bilic has said about Payet. basically "if Payet doesn't want to play for us and has a poor attitude then he won't train and he won't play."
Players seem to think they have the power and can leave whenever they want; nope, you've got a contact lad. if the club doesnt need the transfer fee and doesnt want to sell then youre staying until your current contract runs out.

good for Bilic and West Ham

Yep. Poorly handled though as he had to come out and say it publicly. Saido Berahino has been trying to leave the baggies for ages but the chairman dug his heels in and was willing to let him run his contract down because it was personal.

If a player doesn't want to play. You don't have to accept the first offer. Slap a price tag on him that's not unrealistic but will be a good deal for the club and get rid.

It's not good for the squad the fans or the management to have this looming around them.

On a plus point it means he won't be facing us in a couple of weeks time.
Wonderwall

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:25 pm

Has he played all season ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:06 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:

It may have been mentioned on here once or twice.

okay, but seriously it has really been racked up above normal levels and gone into overdrive recently.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Has he played all season ?

Yep, every game he's been fit for, including the last half hour against us last Friday.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum